11.12.2008

Trader Joes Obsession

I have become slightly obsessed with Trader Joes lately because I haven't been in FOREVER. I keep reading about others going to Trader Joes, eating Trader Joes food, etc, etc. I kept thinking that the next time I would get to go would be over the weekend....if I had time...then...


I was browsing around the Trader Joes website, sending them multiple requests that they should open one up in my neighborhood, and I realized there is one 5 MILES from my work!!!! How could I have overlooked this?

So. freakin. excited. (Its the small things in life ;)) I drove over there immediately. Came back with a Mid East Feast for lunch!
Sorry about the low-quality cell phone picture. Unfortunately, my pick for lunch was just OK. The Falafel was too greasy for my taste, so I just munched on the other items.

This particular TJs had a "NEW" section to feature new products. I never noticed this in others I have been too. I picked up a Chocolate Chip Fruit & Nut bar for only 69 cents. I guess it is TJs version of the larabar.
It was extremely chocolaty and had nice chunks of chocolate chips and almonds. If you are craving chocolate - this is a great treat.
Nutrition Facts: Calories:170, Total Fat: 4.5g, Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 21g, Protein: 3g. Not too shabby.

I also picked up some TJ Greek Yogurt (honey flavor), slivered almonds, veggie chips, and a few other new bars for me to try!!

This could be bad because I may want to go over there every day now to browse and see the new products...hmm.
In other news - thanks to my sister for reminding me that TOP CHEF starts tonight @ 10pm, Bravo. I love this show!

13 comments:

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

I ALWAYS hear about Trader Joe but I don't think there's even one in the state of Oklahoma. I could be wrong though...I'll have to go check that out right now!

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Ugh, I'm jealous! I had never even heard of Trader Joe's until I came to the blogworld, I wonder if they will ever make their way down south...

Have a great day!

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

The cloest Trader Joes to me is still 8 hours away :( Damn Florida

tfh November 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Ooh, I'm off to snack on my honey Greek yogurt as we speak. Thanks for reviewing the TJ-style Larabar-- at 69 cents I'm definitely trying it! Ahh, I could spend hours in their nut-and-dried fruit section.

LizNoVeggieGirl November 12, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

I LOVE Trader Joe's (although Whole Foods is my second-home, haha).

Delish Mid East Feast!! Falafel = obsession.

I'M TOO STOKED FOR 'TOP CHEF'!!!!!!!!

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

OMG thank you for the Top Chef announcement. I love that show and didn't realize it was starting again!
TJ's just opened up in Nashville this past weekend and people have been going nuts over it. being from Chicago I'm excited to have one but I'm waiting for the novelty of it wears offl.

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

i so wish i was obsessed with trader joes! the reason why i'm not is because there are none that are close to me :/ so sad!

runjen November 12, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

I'm obsessed with TJ's too. Love it. I am going to have to look for the Lababar wanna-be's. At 69 cents a pop that would save me a small fortune.
Yay for Top Chef!

Shoe Running November 12, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

He he! I love it that you were sending them emails to open a new store :) That's so cute! I've got one about a mile away, but I never go because there is an awesome little produce market right across the street that has pretty much everything I need. They have BIG containers of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries for $1! Isn't that awesome?!?

EL November 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

I love TJ and luckily my father works by the one in Annapolis. Once a week I send him there with my shopping list. We are addicted to the mochi ice cream and chocolate covered edamame. I also love their shampoo and soaps.

For those of you in FL, my friend who manages a TJ told me that TJ is planning on opening a bunch of stores in FL. It might be another year or so, but there is hope.

lauren November 13, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

shoerunning/ omg - $1 for thos fruits is AMAZING!

EL/the mochi and chocolate covered edamame are some of my favorites too! and the gyoza!

Anonymous November 13, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

I hate trader joes, but I could go for a "mideast feast" ANY TIME! YUM!

HangryPants November 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Trader Joe's is so fun!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP