11.06.2008

It's Thursday! (11.06.2008)

All I am going to say about last night is WINE and CHINESE TAKEOUT.

Moving on!

This morning the snooze button was somehow pushed about 3 times more than usual which led to a very late start. whoopsie daisy.

Breakfast was a bowl of grape nuts, raisins, almonds, and skim milk. I like alot of milk with my cereal, as you can see.
I also stopped and got a regular "Costa Rica" blend coffee from High Grounds, my corner coffee shop. Brett, the owner, roasts his own coffee and it has such a smooth taste. I have just started drinking the regular because it isn't bitter like I thought regular coffee was! Lots of skim milk and one packet of sugar in the raw - it tastes perfect. Oh and it is also $2 cheaper than the lattes! sold.

Had a flat out wrap with almond butter and pumpkin butter for my morning snack today. I am loving these Flat Outs - I was convinced I didn't like whole wheat tortillas because I hated how they would always break. Then I realized I had been eating the wrong kind! Flat outs are so chewy and stretchy - it is great.
Lunch was Vegetable Korma with a spoonful of Fage on top. This was such a tasty and filling lunch. I love that this one comes with rice - long grain brown rice to be exact. I also like that I recognize everything in the ingredient list - all real stuff. Thought you may be interested in the Nutrition Facts on this:

Calories: 300, Fat: 6g, Sodium: 680mg, Carbohydrates: 52g, Protein: 8g
Not too shabby - the sodium is a bit much, but as long as I watch it for the rest of the day...hopefully Teri will be ok with that! :)

Afternoon snack will probably be the rest of the greek yogurt with grape nuts and dried cranberries...but I do have a PB Zbar and banana hanging at my desk, so who knows!
Tonight will be one of my last runs (if not the last one) before the Harrisburg Marathon on SUNDAY. My plan is to do a 3-miler. The weather is still looking great for Sunday - low of 36, high of 53! I have been planning out my gear for Sunday because I know I will be cold when I start, but will warm up quickly and not want to be wearing too much.

My plan is to wear running pant/capris, a long-sleeve dry-fit with a short-sleeve under armour over top and then wear running gloves I can throw off when I don't need them anymore. I actually got some in the bag for the Baltimore marathon, so that is perfect. Depending on how I feel in the morning, I am going to bring a running headband, in case. The good thing is that Kevin should be riding along some portions on his bike, so I can give him stuff I don't want. My dad is running the last 20 with me, so that will help get me through! My stomach is starting to get nervous!

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!

13 comments:

Erica November 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

ahhhh! Good luck in the marathon! How cool! Take some pics!

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Its getting sooo close! Good luck on your last long run tonight! :)

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

How awesome your dad is running the last 20 with you!! I always hate figuring out what to wear, especially because you have to wait in the cold for so long before the race starts. Sounds like your outfit will be perfect.

MacDuff November 6, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

dude, you are going to OWN that marathon. Don't sweat it. Just think of all the fun you're going to have with your dad.

I Run for Fun November 6, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

It must be so nice to have your dad doing 20 miles with you! Good luck...you are so near!

I love Costa Rican coffee too...much less bitter and so flavorful! As for cereal, the milkier the better, I always say!

lauren November 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

erica/ thanks - I will!

meghann/ I know - too close!

d10/ exactly - the wait in the morning is what is hard, but I am also worrying about the hour and a half drive up there in the morning - hopefully we make it!

macduff/ Thanks - you completely rock.

i run for fun/ It is SO nice! love having more milk to drink at the end of the bowl!

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

How exciting about your marathon! Kudos to you, girl! Rock it out!

Grape Nuts are the bomb! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl November 6, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

Good luck!!! Don't be nervous!!! You're inspiring!!! :-D

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

Woo hoo! You're such a rockin' runner and I'm so proud of you!
I like what you said about the wine and chinese food. It made me laugh. :)

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina November 7, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

thanks for the snack idea!

good luck at the marathon!

Zesty Cook November 7, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

GOOD LUCK on the run - make sure you fill us in with the details. Can't wait to hear.

zesty

Rose November 7, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Hey, I was thinking - since you are in the Bmore region, we should do dinner sometime??

Shoe Running November 7, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Mmmm! That food looks great :) I like your breakfast. I always have the same thing for breakfast every morning: sliced banana, grapes, almond milk, cinnamon and I put puffed millet on top. It is surprising how sweet it ends up being without any sugar.

I hope you rock Harrisburg! Go girl! :) I'm looking forward to the race report!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP