11.20.2008

Prepping for a BIG weekend and Touchdown!

Tonight, I headed over to my dad's gym for a spin class. The instructor was pretty tough and yelled alot at us. The spin class instructor was also my dad. :) There was only 3 of us in the class and it was a definitely a good 45 min workout. I knew my hamstring was there, so I wasn't trying to really push it on sprints and hovers. I think this worked out well because I didn't have any aching pain after the work out. What I thought was cool was that when I went into the class, I had a headache and felt like my throat was starting to hurt. When I came out - I felt completely fine.

After spin class I headed home and had some frozen pizza for dinner.After pizza, we headed over to a nicer grocery store (Giant) a little ways away and bought a ton of stuff in preparation for Turkey Bowl. I was excited to find the agave nectar that I have been seeing around. Need to figure out how to use it now!Erin's comment from this morning made me think that I should do a before and after of my fridge, since I have been using stuff up/cleaning out in preparation for this weekend. Good idea!

Here is the before shot - lots of room. The fact that I was taking the picture made me wipe down the shelves. This blogging thing really does help me. ;)Oh and the basketball pic is me when I was 10. My parents found it when they were cleaning out some stuff and Kevin thought it should be on the fridge. I was wearing white khaki shorts to play basketball. The epitome of "cool".

Here is the after shot of the filled fridge with our Turkey! I am slightly obsessive about putting away groceries. I make Kevin clear out of the kitchen so I can put things where I want them to be.It is looking like it will be really cold for the football game on Saturday, so I may wimp out. I wouldn't be going full force anyways because of my hamstring. Don't want to make it any worse. SO since nothing like this will probably happen - check out this touchdown pass from last year. Kevin is quarterback (#51) and I am wide receiver (#47) and we had been practicing this for weeks.


Tomorrow is my favorite nephew's 6th Birthday. It is going to be a duckpin bowling party with a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds. I better win.

Also, this Sunday is "Friendsgiving"! My friend from college, Chrissi and her husband, are hosting a Thanksgiving potluck with a few of our friends to get together, eat, and be thankful. Should be FUN. I will be having a FULL weekend. Full of friends, family and thanksgiving food. :)

Off to get some sleep. Took a half day tomorrow to be here while the dishwasher is getting repaired (FINALLY), to finish cleaning, and start cooking. Cant wait.

20 comments:

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Sounds like such a fabulous weekend ahead! Enjoy EVERY second of it, girl!

Great fridge shots! (I'm completely neurotic about putting away groceries as well!!)

runjen November 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

I'm so jealous of Friendsgiving!!! What a fun idea!

Have a great weekend!

Caitlin November 20, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

I have the same agave and I put it on my oatmeal instead of other sweeteners. It's really good!

Erica November 21, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

You do sound like you have such a great weekend planned! I can't wait to read all about it and see pics! Glad you enjoyed your dad's spin class tonight-I just love that he teaches! Great job food shopping! I think I"m going tonight!

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

You do have a packed weekend. But, it all sounds like lots of fun and good times.

Nice pass for the touchdown. So cute that you guys were practicing it for weeks!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point November 21, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

sounds like you have a great weekend ahead!!!! have a good time :)

LizNoVeggieGirl November 21, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

So fun that your dad was the spin teacher! :-D

I LOVE USING AGAVE NECTAR!!! Excellent honey substitute, and great for baking.

Such an AMAAAAAZING weekend planned!! Have fun with "Frendsgiving"!!

Bridget November 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Yay for Friendsgiving!! I'm so excited for mine. We really need to clean out the fridge before we grocery shop for it! Holidays are the best!!

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

How fun is it that your dad teaches spin! That's great :)

Have a blast this weekend! Thanks for the fridge pics too!

Ali November 21, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Friendsgiving sounds like so much fun.

I found this blog a few months ago, they have loads of healthy recipes and some using nectar.

http://vo2maxxed.blogspot.com/

Unknown November 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

love that dad was your spinning instructor!!! so kewl :) and what an exciting weekend ahead... score ;-)

tfh November 21, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Seeing your clean fridge may have just shamed me into cleaning my own before going grocery shopping this weekend!

Have fun this weekend!

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Love the fridge before and after, the same exact thing happens to my parents fridge. :)

My friends and I in college had what we called a 'College Thanksgiving' that Sunday before Thanksgiving. I would make a Turkey and everyone would bring side. It was so much fun and I really miss it

Aron November 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

have a greaaaaaaaaaaat weekend!!

ECShorty78 November 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Hey Lauren! So fun that everyone loves the "Friendsgiving" idea...can't wait to see you Sunday!

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

That's funny that you do spin classes with your dad as the instructor. I wish my dad did spin classes. Actually, I just wish my dad did exercising in general... ha.

I LOVE putting away groceries. I always scramble to unload everything out of the bags and into the fridge and cupboards as soon as the bags are in the house. It's one of my favourite parts of grocery shopping. I know where every little thing is located in the fridge.

Enjoy your "Friendsgiving"! ;)

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

i have been dying to try amy's pesto pizza!! it sounds so good.

I Run for Fun November 23, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

Hope you had a great weekend with family and friends. Friendgiving sounds like so much fun.

I Run for Fun November 23, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

So glad your hamstring is feeling better. Nothing like an energetic spin class!

lauren November 24, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Juliet/I really enjoyed Amy's pesto pizza and plan on stocking my freezer with them for days/nights when I dont have time to make a big meal.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP