11.14.2008

KIND Bar and a Secret Talent...Revealed (11.14.2008)

During my excursion to Trader Joes the other day, I picked up a KIND Fruit + Nut bar to try. Today was the big day to test it out. Here it is along with some other snacks I took to work with me - banana was mashed in my oatmeal and then I had a flat out wrap with almond butter and apple butter as my mid-morning snack. The pear and KIND bar were lunch along with a TJ Honey Greek yogurt with almonds and dried cranberries mixed in. Food today was on the light side to save up for TONIGHT @ Red Maple! KIND gets a close-up. Almonds & Apricots in yogurt.First bite, I thought - wow, this is really sweet. But there were whole almonds and it had a strong coconut flavor which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Ingredient List: Almonds, Yogurt Compound, Apricots, Honey Shredded Coconut, Coconut Chips, Glucose, Puffed Rice, Chicory Fiber, Soy Lecithin.

I thought Coconut chips sounded interesting! Never heard of these!

Nutrition Facts: Calories:210, Total Fat: 13g, Total Carb: 19g, Protein: 4g.

I would definitely buy another KIND bar because it really did fill me up and satisfy me, but it would be one without yogurt since I felt this one was too sweet.

I realized that in my last post, I showed how Oscar and Lucy were related, but I forgot to show where they learned this...my secret talent: I can touch my tongue to my nose!Have fun trying it! :)

11 comments:

Erica November 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

hahahhahahah I love the secret talent. Very nice! Have a good weekend!

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

That's funny! I've never jumped on the bar bandwagon, i.e. Larabar, etc. Mostly they have too many carbs and aren't insulin worthy!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

AAH! That's great!!
Those KIND bars are def a little sweet, which I think is why I love them!

LizNoVeggieGirl November 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

HAHA!!! Too funny :-D

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Now the picures make more sense! I love Trader Joes! Hope you have a great weekend.

I Run for Fun November 14, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

The KIND bar sounds good...I must try it.

That is one impressive talent! Have fun at Red Maple. Maybe if you showed them what you can do with your tongue, they'll let you have free dessert.

HangryPants November 14, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

haha - I like the talent! I haven't tried a KIND bar. They look good!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point November 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

SO CAN I!!! in fact, everyone on my dad's side can! how cool!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point November 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

SO CAN I!!! in fact, everyone on my dad's side can! how cool!

lauren November 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

i run for fun/ shoot - wish I would have gotten your comment/idea before we went!

caitlin/ SO cool! it is a few of us on my Mom's side that can do it!!

Anonymous November 15, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

I can touch my tongue to my nose, too! It's a talent I picked up from my mom ;o) The pictures of Oscar and Lucy are adorable - so cool that they can do it, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP