11.17.2008

JamFrakas Review

The stars of this post will be my niece and nephew - who are 3 and 5 (almost 6) years old respectively. Jenna dressed to impress in her purple princess dress! :) (I just re-read and realized I am a poet)


I thought this would be a better way to review the JamFrakas since they are targeted for children. This will be their first time tasting all of the flavors, except chocolate chip, which they had tried once before this taste test. Thumbs up and Thumbs Down are the method of judgement we will be using...

So lets see what the kids think! The set-up...
Justin was not a fan of this flavor, but Jenna loved it! I thought strawberry flavor was just OK for my "adult" taste.

Both immediately threw up their thumbs - they loved this flavor and I agree it was better than strawberry!

Peanut Butter was also a hit. So far, Jenna likes them all! A girl after my own heart - not much I wont eat. ;)

Jenna's first thumbs down - she did not enjoy the banana/chocolate! Justin gave it a thumbs up - but his face doesn't show it. ha. This was my FAVORITE flavor - I ate the rest of it!

The first taste was a thumbs up by Jenna and a strong thumbs down by Justin, but after trying it again...

he decided he liked it - chocolate chip was a hit. I thought it was just OK.

My favorites - Banana Chocolate and Apple! I think that these bars are great for kids. Perfect kid-size. Whole Grain. No HFCS.

But for me - I will stick with the regular Larabars - more nuts and sophisticated flavor choices!

Happy Monday all!

18 comments:

Erica November 17, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

So cute! What a great way to do a product review!

Unknown November 17, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

too cute :) i'm with you!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

That's so cute! I love the method you used :)

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

LOL!! Best post ever!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

ADORABLE review!!!! Those are some great unbiased crtics you have there :)

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Awesome review! Love how you used thumbs up and thumbs down as the method of judgement!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

I think this was a great idea. I am sure your niece and nephew had fun tasting all the bars.

LizNoVeggieGirl November 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Cute reviews :-D

GIMME MY LARABARS ANYDAY OVER THOSE!!!

tfh November 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

So adorable. Justin's facial expressions really are hysterical and I loved how Jenna seemed to be losing her dress...so silly! Great review. Also, I just got a chance to go through some of your older posts and I loved the picture of you and your pets side-by-side doing your tongue tricks. They DID get it from their human mama!

Unknown November 17, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

hahah i LOVE this product review! kids know what the good stuff is and aren't afraid to let you know if they hate it
hope you have a great day!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Hey Aunt Lala - The kids LOVED seeing this tonight!! Justin was dancing around the room saying how famous he is now :) Jenna loved looking at the pictures and having me read her what you wrote - a big hit! I'm sure they'd be happy to be your taste-testers for anything else that you come up with!!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

aww this is too cutee!
i have been trying to find these bars but i can't find them anywhere!

runjen November 17, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

I loved this post! I was seriously grinning the whole time I read it. Adorable kiddos!

Shoe Running November 17, 2008 at 11:54 PM  

he he he! What a cute way to do your kid-bar review! I love it!

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

Haha this was so cute! What a great idea to get kids in on the reviews - I am now even more anxious to try them!

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

They are SO adorable!! :)

I Run for Fun November 18, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Lauren, I've missed your blog these last 2 days...been really busy. The kids are so adorable! Cute and effective product review...love it. Justin seems to take his job so seriously!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

how adorable, what a great review. Thank you!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP