I have SO much to say (DMB anyone?) because it has been days since I have written. Let's get to it...
Blogging Bake Sale
Friday, I received my Blogging Bake Sale winnings from Andrea @ Bella Eats - chocolate chip cookies!There are a few things to highlight about these:
- They are HUGE.
- They have the salty/sweet thing going on because she sprinkles the top with sea salt.
- There are layers upon layers on the best chocolate EVER.
- I have gained at least 5 pounds because I cant stop eating them.
- These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted - no lie.
I was also lucky enough to receive a case of POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice so that I could give it a try. (can you see my reflection in the bottle of POM juice?)My thoughts:
- The bottles are super cute.
- This juice is tart and tangy.
- The fact that they got this much juice from a pomegranate makes me feel special - I know it had to be tough squeezing all this juice from those little seeds.
- This is the only juice whose health benefits are backed by $25 million in medical research.
- POM is the only brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice.
- They grow their own fruit, pick it by hand, squeeze it from their own proprietary presses and even manufacture their own bottles.
- POM Juice is the only juice guaranteed to be made exclusively from "Wonderful" variety pomegranates.
- The "Wonderful" variety is known for its unique combination of superior antioxidants, delicious taste and deep crimson color.
Quaker True Delights
I think I am the last person to receive my samples of these bars from Foodbuzz Tastemakers Program. I had no idea they were sitting at the post office all this time because I never received the notice from the post office. I actually went there to pick up the POM juice and the lady brought these out to me. I will definitely be changing my shipping address for the future.
So far, I have tried the Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut flavor and while it was a sweet treat - these are not the types of bar I enjoy. I have become spoiled by my favorite standbys - Larabar, Clif Nectar and Luna Peppermint Chocolate.
Charity Mile Interview
I was recently interviewed by Lori from the Charity Mile (and Fake Food Free) - if you are interested, check it out HERE.
My throat is feeling much better - I took a few days off from cardio, but did a few Jillian Michaels workouts to burn some calories and get in some lifting. It made me feel better to do something.
This weekend was my friend, Erica's bridal shower, so expect a recap on that a little later. I made baked brie and shrimp wontons for the event.
Don't forget to spread the word about my "Hunger Takes No Holiday" food drive!
I hope to catch up on all of your blogs during this little SNOW STORM we are getting here. Hope everyone had a great weekend!