3.19.2009

Wed/Thurs Eats and More

Wednesday PM

On the way home from work, I munched on about 5 pieces of Butterscotch Bark (butterscotch chips, peanuts & pretzels) that looked like this:
Courtesy of my grandmom, who likes to keep me full of sweets. :)


I am excited to report that last night, Kevin and I were able to fit in a 50 min mountain bike ride before sunset. We started at the same location as the race will start on Sunday, so now we know exactly where to go and what type of trail we are up against.


My legs felt strong, which I am attributing to spin and the Jillian Michaels workouts where she makes me do a million squats and lunges. The weather was great and it felt good to be out there again.


Afterwards, it was getting late and we were 20 mins from home, so we decided to stop by Pei Wei for dinner. (please excuse the blurry iPhone pics)


Jasmine @ Sweet and Fit has been making me drool over the Vietnamese Chicken Salad Summer Rolls, so we had to start with those.
So light and fresh and TASTY. We will be getting these EVERY time we go there from now on!

I ordered Vegetable & Tofu Pad Thai for my main meal and it did not disappoint. HUGE portion, so I took a bunch home.


Thursday


Breakfast was another variation of steel-cut oats. I finally found the unsweetened coconut lots of people have been mentioning.
...and I just noticed it says to "Refrigerate after opening". Mine is sitting at home on the counter right now - oops!!
In my bowl: Steel Cut Oats, agave nectar, coconut, chopped pecans, almond butter. Not a horrible combo, but I definitely missed the sweetness of my banana.


This is what my packed lunch looked like for today. Leftover Tofu/Veggie Pad Thai, 3 cuties, and a Chocolate Peppermint Luna bar, which should get me through the afternoon.

Wanna see inside?
Oh and I also brought two fortune cookies for dessert at lunch. Pei Wei puts a huge bin of them out for all to take, so I TOOK.


Random

Does anyone else have a desk calendar? Mine was a Christmas gift from my parents: Words to Woof by, 365 smiles for Dog Lovers. I thought today's was cute. I guess I am biased towards golden retrievers though. :)


What type of desk calendar/regular calendar do you have?

27 comments:

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

That butterscotch bark looks and sounds excellent. Yay, grandma!

I have a Chuck Norris wall calendar at my desk. The current month says "Chuck Norris Beat the Sun in a Staring Contest."

Julie March 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Whaaat that food looks awesome :) Choc peppermint is the bestttt!!

The Purple Carrot March 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

That mountain bike ride sounds likes tons of fun ... I love this weather getting nicer and I'm SO excited to be able to ride bikes, grill, etc, etc!

Ha, I think grandma's are supposed to give us sweets all the time ; )

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

ooh wonder if my coconut is supposd to be refridgerated too! i've never been to pei wei! its right in columbia, those summer rolls look awesomeeee

Aron March 19, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

i dont have a real calendar on my desk... i just use outlook, gmail and my iphone :)

tfh March 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

We live right by a Pei Wei but have never been-- your photos make me want to go (and also to befriend your grandmom). Great job on the bike ride-- you should definitely be feeling confident for this weekend.

Sarah March 19, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

I think that I was supposed to have been at your house today: that butterscotch bark looks like it's to die for and the Vietnamese chicken salad rolls are one of my top cravings - that peanut sauce! SO GOOD.

LizNoVeggieGirl March 19, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

I NEED THAT BUTTERSCOTCH BARK!!!!

I use a "cookie of the day" calendar :-D

lauren March 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

katie/it is addicting stuff! Your calendar might beat my calendar. ;)

julie/find yourself a pei wei and order the summer rolls immediately - you will love them.

lesley/i'm with you - warm weather makes everything seem better.

dailygoods/we went to the one right in columbia! you should definitely try it.

aron/right with you! I have all those too...hard to keep them in sync and I always wonder what would happen if the internet stopped, so I have a regular written planned too. ha.

tfh/oh yeah - definitely try those summer rolls...very refreshing.

sarah/I am going to admit it here because less people will see it. I licked the peanut sauce container clean. SO GOOD.

veggiegirl/cookie of the day!!??! that has to be great...and perfect for you!

Kara March 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

My mom got me a Daily Procrastination Desk Calendar... which just makes me want to procrastinate more. I also have a Mr. Winkle calendar because it's hilarious :)

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Those spring rolls look amazing!

I only use my computer calendar - I used to have one of those huge desk calendars but by the middle of the month it would have spilled coffee, remnants of lunches and Tabasco!

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

*envious of your butterscotch bark*

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Oh Grams! What a sweet person for keeping you sugared up :) That looks delicious.
I'm glad Jillian is working you! :)

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

thanks for the shout out =) I'm glad you were finally able to get out to Pei Wei - now you see why I am addicted! The vegetable and tofu pad thai looks so good too - I wanna try that next time. The portions are always HUGE, you really could split it with someone. hope you had a great day =)

K from ksgoodeats March 19, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

LOVE butterscotch bark! Pei Wei is one of those places on my "To eat at" list - it always looks so good :)

Glad you had a good ride!

Erica March 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Nice ride! Glad you guys are prepped for the weekend. Yummy dinner too- the summer rolls look awesome! Cute calendar! I use to have a bulldog desk calendar and it made me smile every day ;)

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Do you think that you could get that butterscotch bark recipe from Grams? I might NEEEEED it.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! March 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

great ride! the weather is perfect for it, isn't it?
vietnamese food looks delicious and that bowl of steel cuts makes me crave oatmeal!!!

I don't use desk calender, just use calender in my mac. :)

Bec March 19, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Butterscotch Bark looks amazing, gotta love grandma's baking :) I my calenders are a computer printed one with all my assignments on it and my school provided agenda... nothing exciting like your adorable desk calender!

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Lauren, your food looks awesome!

To answer your comment on my page, my Dad and I are running the Suntrust National Marathon in D.C.

I usually stick to trail running, but am really excited for this road race. We are living in Bethesda and I have found several trails including the Cabin John Trail and the Capital Crescent Trail.

I'd love to hear of others that you know about!!! I stick primarily to road biking as I am not great on the technical stuff with mountain biking ;)

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

LOL, I have The Office desk calendar. It cracks me up. I'll try to start sharing some of them. I love yours!
Hey, I really like the red borders on the pics!!

Rose March 19, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

OOH, that Thai looks good!

I don't have a desk calendar! What's wrong with me??

I Run for Fun March 19, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

My husband and I love thai food. He has pad thai every Friday (no kidding!)

Love your calendar!

The butterscotch bark looks so yummy. Hats off to grandmom.

Elizabeth March 20, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

I don't have a desk calendar yet but I've been meaning to get one. The dog one is very cute. As for the food, I'm drooling over the bark and the coconut (I must find that!). What a great day of eats!

ChickPea March 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

Ooh! I didn't know Bob's Red Mill made coconut... I always buy the Let's Do Organic brand.

I have a calendar in which all the pictures are made out of vegetables! Quite fitting, no?

Julie D March 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

That peanut brittle/bark, and those spring rolls, look yummy!!

Lori March 20, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Thanks for sharing about the coconut! I can get unsweetened all around in Brazil, but the stuff in the States is always sweetened. Glad to know about this.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP