- 1.5 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans northern beans
- 1 can hominy
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can mild green chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- scallions, chopped
- cheddar or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Place raw chicken breasts in the crockpot; add beans and hominy (both w/ juices).
- In separate bowl, mix broth, soup, chiles, and seasoning. Pour over chicken/bean/hominy mixture in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, remove chicken breasts and cut into smaller pieces. Mix back into chili.
- Top with sour cream/greek yogurt, scallions and shredded cheese.
(Served in one of grandmom's pretty bowls)Like with most crockpot recipes - this was so easy and had great flavor. It went well with whole wheat beer bread on the side for dipping.
Consider this chili and the bread Grandma and Grandpa approved. And thank you for all the well wishes to my grandmom - she is doing MUCH better.
Have a great night! :)