3.10.2009

Fun Stuff

I have mentioned my obsession with Trader Joes about a thousand times, but I really just cant get enough of that place. Every time I go in there - I see some new, exotic product that I just HAVE to try. One of my favorite parts of this blogging community is discovering new products, so I wanted to share some of the most recent items I picked up.


Corn Tortilla Flat Breads (sesame flavor). I have been bringing a few of these with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese as a GREAT snack.

I thought the Nutrition Facts were impressive enough to share.
Lentil Rice Biryani. I brought this for lunch today and am excited to try it.

Whole Cashews. I should have never bought these. They are addicting. See how much of the bag is already gone?! I have only had them 2 days. ughh.
Black Cocoa Almonds. My mom had these the last time I was over and I couldn't believe how rich the chocolate tasted.
Turkish Smyrna Figs. Just looked cool.
A close-up of a half-eaten Turkish Smyrna Fig. Sweetness.
Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna. Not anything new, but they are the only Luna bar I like and after eating an entire box of thin mint girl scout cookies - I thought I should share the healthier alternative I found.
Tuesday Night

Last night, while I worked out to Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones, my "chef-like" boyfriend made an incredible dinner. Filet Mignon with a Sherry/Mushroom/Onion sauce, Mashed Parsnip, and Roasted Asparagus.

A close-up of the mashed parsnip which was served atop a sprinkle of paprika and then topped with a slice of gruyere which melted immediately once he added the mushroom sauce.
The filet mignon was cooked perfectly. He seared it for a few minutes on each side before popping it in the oven to for medium finish.
It all tasted SO good.

Upcoming Events

Some things I am looking forward to:
  1. Dropping off all of the food to the MD Food Bank today after work and getting a tour of the facility. I cant wait to show you all the good stuff I picked up. I went a little crazy and was definitely over budget, but it felt really good to buy groceries for other people.
  2. Modest Mouse concert. Tomorrow night, my boyfriend got tickets for us to go see a band that we both like. Our taste in music differs ALOT, so to find a band we both like - is reason enough to see them in concert. I am excited.
  3. Dinner at Rocket to Venus. Going back to one of my FAVORITE restaurants with friends this Saturday night.
  4. Harlem Globetrotters. I have always wanted to see them and this Sunday, my sister, brother-in-law, my niece and nephew, and my boyfriend are going!

I know it is only Wednesday, but do you have anything fun planned this weekend?

25 comments:

Fitnessista March 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

oh my goodness i miss trader joe's SO MUCH!!!!
i still haven't tried those figs- totally need to
hope you have a wonderful day!

The Purple Carrot March 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

Sadly, I have never been to a Trader Joes : (

Whole Foods is the closest I've got and it's even an hour away!

Looks like you got a lot of fun stuff : ) That's one of my absoutely favorite thing to go ... shop for new, exciting foods.

Have fun with all the things you're looking forward too ... sounds great!! : )

Erica March 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

This post was filled with fun stuff. I LOVE TJs and wish we had one nearby! Josh's mom is sweet and sends me a package from TJs every once in a while and I get os excited. I totally want to try those flat breads- I'm a huge fan of sesame flavor! Great dinner- it looks restaurant quality.

Hmmm this weekend we are having friends over for dinner for the first time at the new place and I may go take another hot yoga class!

LizNoVeggieGirl March 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I LOVE TRADER JOE'S!!!!!

Oh my, a Modest Mouse concert?? So envious!! Have fun :-)

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

I'm already planning what I'm going to order Saturday night....it's making me hungry!

Kara March 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Mmmm love TJ's!!! And I think it's so cool that we're both going to Modest Mouse!

elise March 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

modest mouse is SOOO good in concert! youll love it.

im going HOME (to california) this weekend for bridal shower/bachelorette fun. YEAH!!!

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Oh how I love TJs! We just took the in-laws there on Sunday for the 1st time ever.
What do figs taste like?

K from ksgoodeats March 11, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Those flat breads sound like a great find! I saw that rice at TJs but ended up not getting it so you'll have to let me know if it's good :)

Have a great day!!

Julie March 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Seriously Trader Joes is the best place on earth..screw DisneyWorld when you have a TJs haha. Yesss Pepp Luna Bars are the best!! I def am gonna try those flat breads the next time I go there..

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Now I feel like I need to go grocaery shopping!

Aron March 11, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

I love TJs :)

This weekend my mom is coming to visit! So girls shopping day + my half marathon on Sunday - YAY!

I Run for Fun March 11, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

I need to find a Trader Joe's near my house. The cocoa almonds look so good.

You seem to have a lot planned this week and weekend! Have a great rest of the week.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! March 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

I'm a Tj's big fan too! love that flat bread and need to try the fig, it looks yummy!

MacDuff March 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Your boyfriend is SUCH A KEEPER!

Trader Joe's is like a mecca for me. I could go there every day and still find new stuff. And poor you...the MD TJs don't sell wine. We can buy bottles of decent red wine for $2-3. Come up, get Kevin to cook dinner, and I'll take you shopping!

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

What yummy TJs loot! I love that place - such good food and so reasonably priced.

Nothing planned for the weekend yet. Too bad we won't have a repeat of last weekend's weather.

Lori March 11, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

I'll have to check for those almonds the next time I'm in a TJ, they sound soooo good!

Bridget March 11, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

LOVE LOVE Trader JOes!!!! They seriously have the best products!!!

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I am already dreaming about doing that Jillian workout again, I LOVED it that much.

The Globetrotters are fun, if you've never been...you and the kiddos will have a blast!

Other than an 11-miler, nothing major planned. I'm contemplating doing an 8K race, but its supposed to rain :(

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

That dinner looks freaking awesome!

The only thing I have planned for the weekend is GOING HOME SATURDAY! Yay!

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Thanks for sharing all those Trader Joe's food products with us! They all look so good!

Dinner looks amazing!

kristine March 11, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

trader joes is love <3
i went to the modest mouse concert a couple of weeks ago out here in arizona. they are AMAZING live!!

lauren March 11, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

lesley\oh man! you poor thing! let me know if you ever want to do a swap or something...

elise\ahhh - california...lucky duck.

erin\hmm - the figs are sweet and have a little crunch from the seeds. I would compare the flavor to that of a raisin...but a little more figgy. ;) sorry - i am no help!

Julie\no kidding. I win a million dollars - i am going to TJs and buying one of everything.

aron\GOOD LUCK.

MacDuff\i totally wish MD TJs sold wine. 2 buck chuck is the bomb. next time i am up north - deal!

ChickPea March 12, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

Ooh! Love the TJ's finds! I'll add those to my "must try" list.

This weekend I am running in my first race! I am doing a 5k on Saturday...wish me luck!

Unknown March 13, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

omg, that happens to me all the time with nuts and new finds :-/

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP