3.23.2009

Trail Run

Saturday AM was spent running a 10k loop in Patapsco State Park. It was a chilly 32 degrees when we started. Hello...spring? you there?!



I was able to use this iPhone application - Trail Guru - which tracked our distance, pace, stopped time, elevation, and other stuff as we ran. Kind of a pain to run with my phone, but since I was wearing a jacket - it fit nicely in one of the zipper pockets.

  • Mileage: 6.17 (.03 away from the full 10k, but I am a rounder)
  • Time: 1hr,5mins that includes 2 mins stopped time.
Around 5 miles, we stopped to admire this beautiful stream.
Then, we walked over this swinging bridge before running the mile back to our starting point.
Near our car, Kevin spotted a huge set of old stairs to explore, so up we went. I was a tad freaked out because the steps looked overgrown and creepy, plus they were reeeally stEEp.
When we got to the top, there was a large flat area, full of bricks and stones. Must have been the remnants of an old building - maybe a mansion. I wished that Doc and Marty would show up and take me for a quick ride back to check it out. ;)
I thought this piece looked cool and regret not snagging it.
There is so much more I need to fill you in on - namely, my first mountain bike race (!!), but I didn't get a chance to download the pics yet. Sorry!

I will say that today is definitely a REST DAY for me. My muscles are currently screaming at me...asking me why I would think they were ready for a mountain bike race after only going out for one ride prior. Clearly, I am a newbie to this mountain bike racing stuff. More on that later.

Try to enjoy your Monday and I hope to catch up on all of your blogs as soon as possible!

14 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl March 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

GORRRGEOUS trails!!

Enjoy your much-deserved rest day!!

Julie March 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

awwww that sounds like such an awesome run :)

Kara March 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

My iPhone jealousy has just increased ;)

runjen March 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Wow, that is gorgeous!! Great job on your trail run.

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

That swinging bridge looks fun!

I Run for Fun March 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Looks like you had a pretty eventful weekend! I was holding my breath for your race report. You are such an adventurer!

Love the pics of the trail...those steps do look steep.

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

The steps go up to the ruins of the abandoned St. Marys College. Local lore has it that the spot is haunted.
Be forewarned!!

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Beautiful run! Can't wait to hear about the mountain bike race!

Meghann March 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

haha htat's ok I did a triathalon after only training over a weekend. My body wasn't very happy with me after that either :)

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

What pretty scenery! Definitely rest up!!

Lori March 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Very cool pictures from your run and that was definitely a cold start. Brrr! Can't wait to see more about the mountain biking. Hope you are recovering well and feeling better!

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Great pics. Minus the temp it sounds like fun.

Erica March 23, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

I have never done a trial run, but I think I would love it! I need to find a friend whose into running!!!!

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

I'm glad you took pictures because it looks beautiful there. So cold though! Ugh!
Is there anything the iPhone can't do?

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP