3.02.2009

So Much To Say

I have SO much to say (DMB anyone?) because it has been days since I have written. Let's get to it...

Blogging Bake Sale

Friday, I received my Blogging Bake Sale winnings from Andrea @ Bella Eats - chocolate chip cookies!There are a few things to highlight about these:

  • They are HUGE.
  • They have the salty/sweet thing going on because she sprinkles the top with sea salt.
  • There are layers upon layers on the best chocolate EVER.
  • I have gained at least 5 pounds because I cant stop eating them.
  • These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted - no lie.
Thanks Andrea for the cookies and Meghann for hosting such a cool event!

POM Wonderful

I was also lucky enough to receive a case of POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice so that I could give it a try. (can you see my reflection in the bottle of POM juice?)My thoughts:
  • The bottles are super cute.
  • This juice is tart and tangy.
  • The fact that they got this much juice from a pomegranate makes me feel special - I know it had to be tough squeezing all this juice from those little seeds.
Important Facts:
  • This is the only juice whose health benefits are backed by $25 million in medical research.
  • POM is the only brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice.
  • They grow their own fruit, pick it by hand, squeeze it from their own proprietary presses and even manufacture their own bottles.
  • POM Juice is the only juice guaranteed to be made exclusively from "Wonderful" variety pomegranates.
  • The "Wonderful" variety is known for its unique combination of superior antioxidants, delicious taste and deep crimson color.
I have loved adding half POM and half sparkling water to make my favorite refreshing drink. Plus, I just feel healthy drinking this stuff! :)

Quaker True Delights

I think I am the last person to receive my samples of these bars from Foodbuzz Tastemakers Program. I had no idea they were sitting at the post office all this time because I never received the notice from the post office. I actually went there to pick up the POM juice and the lady brought these out to me. I will definitely be changing my shipping address for the future.

So far, I have tried the Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut flavor and while it was a sweet treat - these are not the types of bar I enjoy. I have become spoiled by my favorite standbys - Larabar, Clif Nectar and Luna Peppermint Chocolate.

Charity Mile Interview

I was recently interviewed by Lori from the Charity Mile (and Fake Food Free) - if you are interested, check it out HERE.

Other Tidbits

My throat is feeling much better - I took a few days off from cardio, but did a few Jillian Michaels workouts to burn some calories and get in some lifting. It made me feel better to do something.

This weekend was my friend, Erica's bridal shower, so expect a recap on that a little later. I made baked brie and shrimp wontons for the event.

Don't forget to spread the word about my "Hunger Takes No Holiday" food drive!

I hope to catch up on all of your blogs during this little SNOW STORM we are getting here. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

18 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl March 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

WELCOME BACK!! :-)

Lovely cookies from Andrea!!

Glad you're feeling better!!

Hooray for your friend's shower!!

Happy Monday, Lauren!!

I Run for Fun March 2, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Welcome back! I was going to give you a shout out when you disappeared for so long. Glad you are feeling better. Those choc. chip cookies look heavenly.

Great interview!

RunningLaur March 2, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

great info on the Pom Wonderful. Its nice to know just how good it is for you.

And I didn't know quaker made the high-end type bars. I'll have to look for them for a treat!

HangryPants March 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

The cookies look delicious!!!!

I linked to the fundraiser.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! March 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

welcome back!
The snow here in Baltimore and DC is pretty amazing, isn't it?
Enjoy your day-in! :)

Erica March 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

So much fun stuff! Those cookies look incredible! I pretend I don't like chocolate chip cookies because otherwise I will make and eat them all time ;) Yayy for the quaker bars! They sound really great but I haven't found them in stores yet. Have a good Monday

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

glad your feeling better! those are some serious cookies! the sea salt sprinkled on top sounds amazing!

Lori March 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Those cookies look and sound so great! I am a chocolate chip cookie monster. I try not to make them too often so I don't have them sitting around. :)

I can't wait to see your baked brie. I was just telling my husband the other day that I really want to try my hand at that. We both love brie cheese.

Meghann March 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

So glad you recieved the cookies!! :)

They look AMAZING!!!

Unknown March 2, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

so many goodies!! love those cookies, and i had the same feeling about those delight bars...

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Adding salt to CC cookies makes them just about 10x better :) Those look amazing!! Glad you're feeling better!

tfh March 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Those cookies look delicious. Hope you're enjoying the snow!

ChickPea March 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

I have yet to try the other flavor of the True Delight bars as well...I'll be interested to hear what you think of them!

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

Glad you are feeling better...I totally could relate when you commented on my blog that the lack of cardio was making you crazy. I didn't have any of those awesome cookies to console me, though.

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

awesome interview girl, i loved it! those cookies look to die for no joke

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

Umm...COOOKIIIESS!! Those look amazing. I totally wouldn't be able to stop eating those yummy layers, either!

I love when I take a break from blogging and I come back with SO much to say! It's amazing and makes me realize how I truly think of you all as friends - I just want to gab! ;o) I'm glad you enjoyed the POM juice and I agree with you about Quaker True Delights! Also glad to hear you're feeling better!

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

I'm so glad you like the cookies!!! :)

Love Pom, and those Quaker True Delights bars!

Elizabeth March 3, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Wow. Free bars, free juice and free cookies (which sound so good!). What else do you need? :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP