3.06.2009

Weekly Workouts, a Restaurant & a New Product

Hey there. I am SO happy its FRIDAY!

Since my throat was bothering me last week - my workouts suffered. But this week has been about getting back into the swing of things!

Workouts

MON: 40 min - No More Trouble Zones (Jillian Michaels ), 50 mins - arc trainer

TUE: 5.3 mile Interval Treadmill Run

Remember the training program I was on? I got off course for awhile, but I am back now. I need to make sure I incorporate these interval runs each week.

I thought I would share this treadmill workout. (You should adjust the pace to what is most comfortable for you.)

  • 10 min warm-up, 6.0
  • 1200m, 6.5
  • 2 min Rest Interval, 6.0
  • 1000m, 6.5
  • 2 min RI, 6.0
  • 800m, 6.6
  • 2 min RI, 5.9
  • 600m, 6.5
  • 2 min RI, 6.0
  • 400m, 6.7
  • 2 min RI, 6.0
  • 200m, 6.5
  • 10 min cool down, 6.0

WED: Rowing, 5000m – 28 mins.

I plan to start incorporating a weekly rowing workout. Kevin and I are participating in our first adventure race on April 25th (EX2 Greenhorn Adventure Race), so I want to be prepared for the paddling portion of the race.

Rowing is extremely tough. My entire body felt fatigued. It also felt good to do something different.

THU: Body Pump Class – 1 hour

Has anyone taken this class? If you are like me – you don’t do as much lifting as you should. I am thinking that this class may be the answer for me.

It kept my heart rate up and we worked eight separate muscle groups. Each person has a bar and you choose the amount of weight you are lifting. I kept it pretty light since it was my first time, but saw a lot of people changing out the weights as they went. I plan to do this next time. More information about Body Pump can be found HERE.

FRI: REST DAY. My body hurts from Body Pump.

SAT: Mountain Bike – 1-2 hours.

Supposed to be a beautiful day, so I am excited to get back out there! Hopefully the trails aren’t too muddy.

SUN: Co-ed football game, Run Outside – 1 hour

Kevin and I have played football for the last year or so and it is a blast. It is supposed to reach the 70s this weekend in our area, so I am thinking a run will feel great.

Eats

Last night, after body pump, I was STARVING and it was 8pm, so Kevin and I decided to go out for dinner to this great neighborhood place – Birches.

Below is a picture of the bar area where we sat. There is a nice dining room area, but since we were in workout clothes, we felt more comfortable in the bar. (Borrowed the picture from their website.)

I forgot my camera, but we will be going back and I will be getting the SAME exact thing because it was absolutely delicious.

Baby Spinach Salad with a Honey Scallion Vinaigrette, Oven Roast Roma Tomatoes, Duroc Dry Cured Bacon, Sriracha Buttered Popcorn and Grilled Halloumi Cheese

Perfection. That is all I have to say about this salad.

Oven Roast Turkey Burger topped with a Cranberry Goat Cheese Spread and a Leek Confit, Cinnamon Sugar Dusted Sweet Potato Frites.

The waitress informed us that this was an outstanding choice. yes! It was served without a bun and instead, came served over a potato latke. Kevin and I split this and I savored every bite because it was the best burger I have ever had. No lie - and I am not even a burger person! It could have been the cranberry goat cheese on top. Oh and the sweet potato fries were baked, so they were not greasy at all.

New Product

I recently found these Vegetable Masala burgers in Trader Joes and wanted to share with you because they are one of my new obsessions. I have had one for lunch twice this week. The first time I served it with leftover Mediterranean Curry Couscous and green beans. Delish. The second time I had it over a green salad with zucchini and grape tomatoes with whole wheat naan on the side. Also delish.

Nutrition Facts for those interested. Question

What is your latest food obsession?

26 comments:

The Purple Carrot March 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

I'm SO happy it's Friday, too!!!

I think my latest food obsession is red peppers. I never thought I liked them as much as I currently do and I seem to be putting them in EVERYTHING the past week or so, haha.

Enjoy your FRIDAY!! : )

LizNoVeggieGirl March 6, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Fabulous workouts!!

**My food obsession = PB PUFFINS AND PURE BARS!! I eat them every single day.

lauren March 6, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

lesley/red peppers do make lots of things taste better. My boyfriends mom puts them in her stuffing at thanksgiving and it is incredible.

veggiegirl/PB puffins dont last more than a few days in our house. They need to start selling bigger boxes.

Caitlin March 6, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

It's not new, but my food obsession remains greek yogurt...honestly there is nothing better and more versatile.

I love classes like Body Pump. They are perfect when you can't motivate yourself to lift, and they make me work much harder than I do on my own.

Have a great weekend!

tfh March 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

I like those masala burgers, too, although I wish they were higher in protein. Your workouts look great-- I am inspired by your variety!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! March 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

great workout! I used to go to body pump class in Argentina, it's really a good workout! But now here in US we don't have in the gym!

Where do you go for mountain biking? I know you're in Baltimore and I live in college park, so just wondering.

my latest food obsession? soft wrap with chocolate PB

lauren March 6, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

caitlin/exactly - I work so much harder in classes.

tfh/me too - its like they need to add some beans in the burgers or soemthing.

balance/I know I emailed you, but wanted to put it out there for other locals. Patapsco state park is where we usually mountain bike - they have a ton of trails!

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Ah those TJs burgers are a STAPLE in my freezer - aren't they so.good.!

That restaurant looks cute!

MacDuff March 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

I'm becoming a turkey burger convert, so weird. But it's so funny - I've been rowing, too. I'm supposed to do it because it's good training for sailing (i.e. pulling), but it kills me. I even threw up after one particularly tough run. Sigh.

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

LOVE those burgers too! It's like indian food in a burger, haa crazy! My new obsess is greek yogurt..i KNOW it's old news haha but it took me a while to get into it now i can never go back!

Julie March 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

hey girl just found your blog its so fun :) i'm an athlete who loves to eat too haha

Aron March 6, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

great job on allll those workouts!

i just bought those at TJs but i dont think i ate any... i will have to! :)

I Run for Fun March 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

You've had a great workout week. I should try out the treadmill workout.

Oo...vegetable masala burgers sounds so good. So does your dinner at Birches!

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

I'm obsessed with granola and puffins!

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Body Pump is my favorite class! I don't go very much because of my current weights schedule... but it is so fun!

Erica March 6, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

YES! Great workouts! Body Pump is a FABULOUS class. It is produced by the same people that make Body Step and Body Attack (the two classes I teach)! Have a fun weekend :)

ChickPea March 6, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Thanks for the workouts!

I have heard about those Masala Burgers forevah! I just wish they had a smidge more protein.

My latest food obsession: baked blue corn chips.

elise March 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

im in a RIDICULOUS rut with my dessert platters. i cant go a night without dried fruit and carob covered raisins...coconut date rolls, figs, dates. i have a problem!!!!

that and sabra hummus. but thats a life long thing.

Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

I'll have to look for those TJs burgers!

I have to have at least one serving of Sabra hummus EVERY DAY. That's not right.

Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I just started body Pump classes two weeks ago for the same reason. It is a great workout!
I love the Marsala Burgers from Trader Joes, they have such great flavor.

My current food obsession is finding the White Chocolate Macadamia nut cliff bars!

Shoshanah March 7, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Those burgers do sound pretty much amazing. And witht the Cinnamon Sugar Dusted Sweet Potato Frites? Yum!

Tyler March 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

yum , those veggies burgers look good! my latest food obsession? i just discover vanilla chobani yogurt, and i love it!!!!!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

In your treadmill workout, is that in miles or kms per hour?

lauren March 8, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

kat/it is miles per hour - i should have been more clear! let me know if you try it!

Elizabeth March 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

The vegetable masala burger looks good! I am going to go to TJs just to get one. :) Latest food obsession? It is honestly these Cuties oranges. I eat about 4 a day! :)

Grace March 10, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

I love your new set up. Pretty nifty! My latest food obsession is the choclate malt!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP