3.09.2009

Food Drive Wrap-Up

Thanks to everyone that participated in the Hunger Takes No Holiday Food Drive.

53 comments x $0.20/per comment = $10.60

I am going to throw in another $20 for a total of $30.60 worth of food. My plan is to pick up the items at the grocery store this week, so that I can deliver to the MD Food Bank by this weekend.


Some of the most popular items mentioned in your comments were:

  • Peanut Butter!!
  • Oatmeal!!
  • Beans
  • Cereal
  • Nuts
  • Diapers
  • Canned Fruits & Veggies
  • Canned Tuna
  • Water
  • Granola Bars

Thanks again to everyone who helped spread the word - I really appreciate it. I will make sure to take pictures of the food and also document the actual donating since I may be getting a tour of the Food Bank!

Eats/Workouts

I am combining Eats and Workouts for the weekend because I took ONE picture of food all weekend. It is my favorite sandwich from Rosina Gourmet in Canton square.

Traditional Turkey which includes smoked turkey with provolone, parmesan, romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion, chopped hot peppers, oregano and red wine vinaigrette on an Italian ciabatta flat sub roll.

As far as my workouts go - I had a great plan for the weekend, but I am sorry to say that I didn't stick to it.

  • Friday: DAY OFF. check.
  • Saturday: Mountain bike. It was a beautiful day, but unfortunately sleep won out and then I had a ton of cleaning to do around the house before heading down to Northern VA for a friend's 30th Surprise Birthday Party.
  • Sunday: Co-ed Football Game. Run outside for 1 hour. Decided to try and run before the game, but only did about two miles because of time constraints. Losing an hour of sleep messed me up. Co-ed football was fun and we beat the pants off of the other team 40 - 12, or something like that.
  • Monday: Cross Train. I ran around the park with Oscar which is ~2.2 miles. Then, I came home and did Workout #1 of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred.

Cant wait to catch up on all of your blogs!

21 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl March 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

So wonderful about the food drive contributions!!

Happy Tuesday, dear Lauren!!

Rose March 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Great job on the food drive. That was sweet of you to raise money on your blog :)

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

so sweet of you for doing the food drive!! and that sandwich shop, omg i just looked at the website and it looks amazing! i'll have to try it sometimeee soooooooon!

Kara March 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Awesome contribution for the food bank!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! March 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

great job on the food drive! I'd like to participate next time you do it since we live close by!
:D

lauren March 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

dailygoods/definitely head over there for lunch sometimes...you will love it!

The Purple Carrot March 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

How wonderful to raise money for the food drive, that's awesome!! : )

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

great work lauren!! That would be awesome if you got a tour! Great workouts too, much more fun than the gym

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Congratz on the successful food drive!

Erica March 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Yayyy for the food drive contribution! Sounds like you had a really fun weekend

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Congrats on the food drive! That fabulous :)

Julie March 10, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

thats so awesome! congrats :) I definitely need to get that jillian michaels dvd!

Every Gym's Nightmare March 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

good for you for raising the money! congrats!

Lori March 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Great news about the donation! That sandwich looks so great. I love a big turkey sandwich like that. Yum!

I Run for Fun March 10, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

What a fun and busy weekend again!

Thanks for the update on the food drive. You rock!

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

Congratulations on the food drive success! I would love to do something like that sometime - thanks for being such an inspiration.

ChickPea March 11, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

I can't tell you enough how wonderful your food drive idea is--great work!

HangryPants March 11, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

Congrats Lauren!

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

you are so sweet! are you coming to the DC blogger meet up on Sunday?

lauren March 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

sweetandfit\I am not going to be there on Sunday. I think there are plans to have a Baltimore one as well, so I will definitely plan to be there.

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Way to go girl! We've made it half-way through the week!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP