3.30.2009

Disappearing Act

I disappeared for the weekend again! But, I did manage to snap a good amount of photos...for your viewing pleasure. :)



Friday PM

We had some of Kevin's friends over for happy hour at the house before heading out in Canton square. I stuck with some simple appetizers.


Two types of hummus. Original sprinkled with cumin...
and Edamame hummus (I know it looks a little scary, but please rush to trader joes and buy this - you will not be disappointed)
Carrots and multi-grain pita chips for dipping.
Roasted Plantain chips (also from Trader Joes - these are my favorite things EVAH)
Asiago and Sharp Cheddar Cheese w/ grapes
Crackers and french baguette
Crab Dip!! I used the fresh crab meat I picked the night prior and threw a bunch of stuff together, loosely based on a few different recipes. People were all around when I pulled it out of the oven, so I forgot to snap a picture! I think it was a hit because it went fast.

Kevin's friend works for Magic Hat and brought over the new summer seasonal beer for us to try - WACKO. It has beet juice in it, so it is a bright, reddish color. It was light and delish!


So, I basically forgot to get photos of the two coolest things - crab dip and beet juice colored beer. Sorry! After a "few" drinks and birthday shots, we headed to the square and had a fun time out with friends!


Saturday


Most of Saturday morning was spent sleeping, but I did wake up and have some PB puffins at one point. :)

I even managed to fit in Jillian Michael's Quick 40 min Trouble Zones workout. Felt good to sweat.

Saturday evening I headed to Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill for a friend's Surprise Going Away party. I ordered the Veggie Burger which came with avocado, lettuce, sprouts, and an herb yogurt. I thought it was just OK. The burger was a little mushy for my liking, so after eating half, I was done. Maybe I should have ordered it well-done?


Our group ordered huge trays of waffle fry nachos and sweet potato fries for all to share, so I made sure to sample each of those. They did not disappoint.


Sunday

I woke up and knew immediately that I wanted oats. I broke down and bought normal oats even though I havent finished the steel cut ones. I missed them! This bowl contained oats, skim milk, blueberries, cinnamon, honey, bee pollen, chopped pecans, and a spoonful of almond butter.


After a rainy start to the day, it turned into a gorgeous afternoon and Oscar and I took a long walk in the park where it actually felt hot outside!


Later on, Oscar and I headed over to my grandparent's house to hang out with them and my parents. He loves car rides, especially when it is warm enough to have his head out the window...
Oscar got another walk with his best pal, Max, my parent's dog and then, my mom and I did a 30 min run around the neighborhood. She is training for the Zooma Annapolis 10k on May 31st which my sister and I are running also!


For dinner, we ordered the crab cakes from this local place - Scoozi's Family Restaurant. They are very, very good - maybe the best I have had? Huge lumps of backfin, with barely any filler.But first, I had a small salad and half a baked potato.
I only managed to eat half of one of the crab cakes, but Kevin was happy because he got to enjoy the other half when I got home.


My mom made these Apricot Oatmeal/Coconut Bars for dessert and I ate about 3 - they are addicting!!!! (Recipe will be coming soon...)

Monday AM

This morning, I made another bowl of oats.
This bowl contained oats, skim milk, cinnamon, honey, blueberries, almond butter and crumbled cinnamon/sugar pita chips. Great Crunch!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I cant wait to catch up on all of your blogs...

Other News


Rose @ OnALobsterPlacemat is organizing a Baltimore Blogger Meetup on Thursday, April 16th at Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill. Meet @ 6pm.


Please RSVP to onalobsterplacemat@gmail.com by April 15th, so that there is enough seating reserved. I hope to see you there!

23 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl March 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

HUMMUS!!!!!!! Holy yum fabulousness.

Wish you could have snapped a photo of the SWEET POTATO FRIES for me!! :-D

Aww Oscar.

The Purple Carrot March 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

I often disappear on weekends, too ; )

Love all the hummus. Haha, dogs with their heads out the car window make me laugh! : )

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

oh no! sad you didn't like the veggie burger as much as i did! but glad they have lots of other options for you at the blogger din :) i wanna try that edamame hummus!

Erica March 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Looks like a really fabulous weekend! You seem like you are a fabulous hostess! Great apps! I would def want to be at your place! The edamame hummus sounds unique but I know I would love it! Love the pic of Oscar- what a cutie ;)

Sarah (lovINmytummy) March 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

I'm adding edamame hummus to my mental TJ's list, along with the masala burgers and dirty almonds. Oh, wait, black almonds. Mmm...

Looks like you had a great weekend!

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

OSCAR! How cute!!

Next time you two have appetizers like that set out let me know - I'll be there in a heartbeat ;)

Love the idea of pita chips on oats!

Kerry March 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Hi! I am running the ZOOMA Annapolis half marathon in May! It's my first half, so I'm a little nervous...

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Great pictures. All the food looks great. You had a very nice spread at your house.

lauren March 30, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

veggiegirl/i totally should have - it was the biggest tray of sweet potato fries I have ever seen!

lesley/me too! I love seeing dogs in other cars...

dailygoods/maybe it was an off night? the one you had looked better than what i got!

sarah/definitely get the edamame hummus and dirty almonds. ;) you cant hide when you have had one - cocoa powder gets all over your fingers.

ksgoodeats/no prob! :)

Kerry/thanks for the comment and good luck on the half! should be a great event.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! March 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

great eats indeed! such a visual pleasure to see you eating all those fabulous food!
I am especially interested on your mom's oatmeal square. recipe?

Julie March 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Ah! A baltimore meetup! how fun :)That TJs edamame looks SO good!

I Run for Fun March 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Oscar looks so cool, riding in the car.

Wow...your mom runs too? That's awesome that your entire family runs.

The crab cakes look yum. And I can't wait for your mom's recipe...the apricot/oatmeal/coconut bars look simply amazing.

Erin March 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

I am so jealous of those crab cakes. It's so hard to find good ones.

I've got to be brave and try those other hummus types. I'm a sucker for the TJs sundried tomato basil.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Lori March 30, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

That picture of Oscar is just the best! That veggie burger looks amazing and I'm on the edge of my seat for that bar recipe!

lizzy March 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

yum eats!! loveeee Oscar! and who would have thought you had to order your VEGGIE burger well done!? jeez!

Unknown March 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

lovely eats, sounds like a great weekend ;-)

Melissa March 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

So many good eats! I always know you will have great pictures when you reappear! :)

Ooo I would so love to come to the meet-up, but it's a little too far for a week day. :( maybe next time.

MacDuff March 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

you are making me miss crab!!! and old bay!!!

you have incredibly lucky friends...

And that's so weird - we're having a Boston blogger meetup on the 18th too!

Bec March 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

sounds like a great weekend!

Elizabeth March 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

Your dog is adorable and those crabcakes look like the best ever! You are so lucky!

ChickPea March 31, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Now THAT is a Veggie Burger!

Wine Lover March 31, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

YUMYUM! all your photos made me feel hungry!

Megan March 31, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

ohhhh man. hummus is my favorite food everrrrr!!!!

i've never even had plantain chips! they sound fab, i must find some.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP