3.20.2009

SHIF

SHIF stands for "S00000 Happy It's Friday! (I meant to post this much earlier today, but work decided to get CRAZY.)


A few of you asked for the Butterscotch Bark recipe from my Grandmom and it made me remember that I had made it before and actually blogged about it. It was around Halloween time, so I called it: Halloween Bark! It is super-simple and definitely a recipe where you can stretch your creative legs.

Thursday


I did the 40 min 'No More Trouble Zones' w/ Jillian Michaels using my new 2 pound weights. I am slowly moving up from my soup cans.

Dinner was simple, but perfectly satisfying. Grilled Blackened Tilapia and Zucchini.
Kevin put the rosemary sprig in there to make the picture prettier. :)

I also made some Quick Butternut Squash Soup, but completely forgot to take a picture. I have made it before, so the recipe and pics can be found HERE.

Friday

I finally tried a PURE bar - Cherry Cashew flavor.Everything about it reminded me of a larabar. This was basically a combo of the cherry pie and cashew cookie larabar. Extremely delish.
Kevin and I went to a delicious dinner tonight @ The Dogwood in Hampden and I can't wait to tell you all about it. BUT, I need to get to bed because we have a trail run tomorrow morning. I don't plan on doing long mileage, since the mountain bike race is Sunday, but at least an hour will feel good.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

11 comments:

Erica March 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Hiiii!!! I am SHIF as well! What a longgggg freaking week! Great dinner- looks pro...at first I was trying to figure out where you went out to dinner and then I realized it was homemade! Good luck this weekend ;)

Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Love your dinner!

Kara March 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

That zucchini looks delicious! One of my favorite veggies :)

ChickPea March 21, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Can't wait to see your Dogwood recap!

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

You are just full of SHIF.

Thanks for the recipe!

I did that Jillian workout yesterday and am still so sore. I started out with 5s, but quickly switched to 1s. Yes, they make 1s.

Have a good weekend!

LizNoVeggieGirl March 21, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

HELL YES FOR PURE BARS!!!!

Lori March 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Now I'm getting very interested in the Pure Bars. They look great! Can't wait to hear about the meal and your trail run. Hope it went well!

K from ksgoodeats March 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Hope your run went well this morning! Can't wait for your recap :)

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

What do you season your tilapia with? I am (very very very) new to fish and just tonight bought my first tilapia. When I made flounder I did a little shake on seasoning I bought, and it wasnt bad but I didn't love it either. Any suggestions would be great- I have referring to your blog for weeks now and have gotten a lot of good ideas! Thanks!

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

lovely zucchini! Can't wait to hear about the restaurant!

lauren March 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

erica\oh wow - thanks! that will make kevin happy...he normally does the fancy plating.

kara\me too - I get huge bags of it at the store because i eat it with everything.

sarah\thank you. I was waiting for someone to point that out - i was thinking I definitely couldnt use my saying for THURSDAY. :)

onelittletrigirl\First of all, thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! We seasoned the tilapia with Chef Paul Prudhommes MAGIC Seasoning Blend - Blackened Redfish Magic. Not redfish, but it totally worked! The ingredients in the seasoning are salt, garlic, paprika, dehydrated onion, and other spices. I guess the other ones are secret. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP