3.16.2009

Working it Off

After an indulgent meal, I always think about how I am going to work it off. Sunday was a non-negotiable workout day, especially after Saturday's dessert and that hot dog I ate while watching the Harlem Globetrotters. Those guys had skills.


After watching lots of dunks...I hit the gym and did:
  • 30 min - arc trainer
  • 5000m - row (28 mins)

Rowing is tough for me in a different way than other workouts. I am not as out of breath as I am running, but I get off and my entire body feels wobbly.

Dinner was a quick and easy Tofu Stir-Fry. Cooked up a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies in a drizzle of canola oil. I added baked tofu that had been coated with Soyaki from Trader Joes.

I also added some roasted peanuts after snapping the picture. It felt good to eat this. Dessert was a few Black Almonds and a Coconut Macaroon.

Monday breakfast was a repeat from Saturday. Steel Cut Oats (cooked the right way) with sliced banana, chopped figs, cinnamon, honey, bee pollen, and almond butter.

I've realized that I haven't been posting as many Oscar/Lucy pictures as I once was, so to give you an update on their relationship - they have become more like brother/sister than "best buds" as I had once stated.

This picture shows Lucy attacking Oscar's face. Shyness is no longer a factor for sweet little Lucy.

Spin Class and a Jillian Michaels Shred Workout is in my near future as I continue to work it off. Happy Monday all!

20 comments:

Kara March 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Awww I'm a sucker for cute animal pics :) Nice looking eats, too!

Erica March 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Glad you have fun at the Globetrotters. I def had a big workout Sunday too! I am going to work on keeping my eats consistent even throughout the weekend, with smaller treats! Its so hard!

LizNoVeggieGirl March 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Love the globetrotters!!

...but I love Oscar & Lucy more!! :-D

lauren March 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Erica\no kidding! My weekends are where everything goes to "you-know-what". I want to try and do that too...and allow maybe one cheat meal a weekend.

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

I love peanuts in stir-fry. Glad you had a good time this weekend.

Julie March 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Haha I totally understand the "work it off" mindset. But atleast you had fun :)

The Purple Carrot March 16, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Haha, love Oscar and Lucy : )

Yeah, I SHOULD have had a big workout Sunday with all the splurging I did this weekend but didn't. Lately I've been kidna bad at eating more sweets than I should on the weekends.

tfh March 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

I agree about rowing. And black almonds are my favorite!

runjen March 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Good for you for working it off. I had a gluttonous Sunday and did nothing about it! I am back on the train today but felt so icky when I woke up this a.m.!

RunningLaur March 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Good job getting to the gym! And cute pic of the pets!

Lori March 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I hear ya about the rowing machine. I could never get into it on a regular basis, but it was nice to change things up a bit. It has been a long while since I've used one though.

I'm with you and Erica - working hard on my weekend control.

I love that picture! Looks like they are no BFF!

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Yay for doggy-kitty togetherness!
I admire you for eating tofu. Truly. I despise it and think people who can eat it are amazing!

Grace March 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Special K was quite entertaining. I had a lot of fun!

K from ksgoodeats March 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Glad you had fun!! That tofu stir fry looks absolutely delicious!

Cute picture of the fur kids playing - I love watching pets play with each other :)

Nutritious is Delicious March 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Love the adorable animals!

Globetrotters = SKILLZ!

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

I thought about Jillian for a second today, but then I kicked that thought right out and sat on my couch.

I have no idea what a black almond is. Just thought you'd like to know;)

lauren March 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Julie/you only live once, right? ;)

Lesley/I am the same way. I need to get the black almonds and coconut macaroons out of the house.

Lori/ that is how I have been using the rowing machine - to change it up. It is so tough!

Erin/thanks! i never thought i would like it before this blog world taught me how to make it taste good...

Sarah/yeah - I didnt get around to jillian either, but I did make it to spin class! A black almond is a regular almond covered in dark chocoate and cocoa powder - from trader joes.

Aron March 17, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

ohhh love how they are BFF now ;)

I Run for Fun March 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Those 2 look so cute together! Does Oscar fight back...or does he endure it all?

lauren March 17, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

irunforfun/oscar has started to give a little back. He nudges her stomach if she tried to attack his head. He has also started chasing her when he gets excited...it is hilarious and Lucy loves it. I am late for work almost every day now because they are more spunky in the morning. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP