4.02.2009

Tagged: Favorite Foods

I was recently tagged by Kara @ CookEatReadSleep, Julie @ JulieGoLean, and Melissa @ Nibbles and Wiggles to list out my 7 favorite things. If you haven't already - please go check out their blogs - you will become big fans, just like I have. :)


I am going to do a FOOD themed list like my friend Mara has on the sidebar of her blog. I may also have a slight issue limiting this to only 7 items. I have to say that this list has changed over the years and will probably keep changing...


athlEAT's 7 Favorite Foods
(in no particular order)


  1. French Fries. I don't discriminate. Potato, sweet potato, butternut squash, curly, spicy, thin, thick, fresh-cut, burnt. I like em all.
  2. Pizza. I DO discriminate here. It has to be thin, chewy - with just the right amount of sauce and cheese. Preferably from Buon Giorno in MD. It is my favorite in the state - they know what they are doing.
  3. Almond Butter. This is a new favorite for me - less than one year old. I discovered its deliciousness after hearing all about it in blog world. I am so happy I found this stuff, but wish it cost A LOT less money. Almond butter will be the reason I go broke.
  4. Tortilla Chips w/ Salsa or Guacamole or both. I can NOT resist these combinations and while eating them I am always incredibly happy.
  5. Sushi. Specifically, the jumbo lump crab meat roll from Chiu's Sushi in Baltimore.
  6. Edamame. I have a slightly new, strong love for this stuff in every form. Steamed in the shell and sprinkled with salt. Shelled and mixed in with my stir-fry veggies. Edamame Hummus and Dark Chocolate Covered Edamame from Trader Joes.
  7. Bananas. I love most fruits, but this is the one I eat and enjoy the most - in every form. Plain, in oatmeal, in bread, on bread, w/ almond butter.
Oh man, I have thought about 10 million other foods I love - oatmeal, greek yogurt, plantain chips, couscous, zucchini, chocolate soy milk, veggie burgers, PB puffins, pot stickers, larabars, etc. My list could go on and on. It might be harder to come up with foods I don't like.


Waaay back in high school, I had never even heard of almond butter and edamame. I wonder what new product will become my favorite in 10 years.


What is your favorite newly discovered (less than a year) food product that you cant live without?

21 comments:

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

That is a very nice list of foods.
Having just returned from a run gave me a craving for 7 out of 7 items on it.

LizNoVeggieGirl April 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Great list!! Especially since you included SWEET POTATO fries on the list :-)


I can't live without a LOT of foods, haha :-D

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Greek yogurt, wheatberry, squash fries are my new favorite food! :D

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Great post! Fries are my fav food. My recent discoveries are natural nut butters and learning how to cook tofu so it's actually tasty!

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts are two things I have "discovered" this year that I cant live without

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

great list! i'm with you on the edamame! NATURAL pb, greek yogurt, nuts are all things i would've liked as a kid :)

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

That's a great list you've got!

Within the last year, different kinds of nut butters, hummus!!!, sweet potato fries, and Greek yogurt :)

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

that is prob the EXACT list i would do!! And too bad i don't live in MD because that sushi looks amaze :D I think my fave new foodie find is flax- just b/c it's so easy to put on things, and good for ya!

Kara April 2, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Thanks for the shoutout! And I need to try that pizza place!

Matt April 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

All those foods are awesome. I don't think I could live without peanut butter though; that stuff is crack.

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

LOVE the almond butter but I agree about the price.

I Run for Fun April 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Nice! Love your list. For me, it's got to be taffy. Just love that chewy stuff.

itsawrap April 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Greek yogurt and pumpkin! One or the other appears every day...

Erin April 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Larabars! I just started eating them a few months ago.

Elizabeth April 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

That is *such* a good list. And, that pizza slice looks good!

ChickPea April 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

All excellent choices! I totally agree on the almond butter and edamame!

I cannot live without...Goddess dressing! I never really used salad dressing prior to this summer--now I can't get enough of this stuff!

The Purple Carrot April 3, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

Great list!! Those are some of my favorites, too!

Hope you're having a great week : )

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Your list is almost identical to mine, The only foods I wouldn't have is the sushi and Edamame.

Have a great weekend.

lauren April 3, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

balance,joy/I need to try this wheatberry stuff!

runsarah/oh man - i forgot about tofu - love that stuff.

Sarah April 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Love your favorite foods! I wish that I could ship you almond butter... our Wal-Mart carries Maranotha Almond Butter for $4.14.

New fave foods for me: wheatberries, quinoa, Greek yogurt.

Meghann April 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

I think you just lsited all of my favorite things! Minus the bananas of course :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP