4.09.2009

Gummy Pills

You guys are so freakin supportive - it still kind of blows my mind. But, thank you for all your great comments about the marathon and my new job! I am still deciding on the marathon. A run is planned for tonight, so hopefully my hamstring doesn't give me any issues.


Wednesday PM


I decided to take the night off from working out. Instead, my night was spent taking a walk in the park with Oscar, dusting the house, doing laundry, running an errand, and then making dinner.


Tofu Stir-fry was on the menu, but I decided to use fresh veggies instead of my normal frozen stir-fry veggies. It took a little more time, but I think it tasted better in the end.



Broccoli and sugar snap peas went into a steaming hot pan with 1 T of EVOO and a clove of chopped garlic. I eventually added a little salt, black pepper, ground ginger, toasted sesame oil, red curry paste, and a splash of Soyaki.

Meanwhile, tofu was baking in the oven. I drizzled the pressed, sliced tofu with Soyaki from TJs. (I feel sorry for whoever has to clean that pan. All I know is that whoever cooks - the other one cleans up. Sorry Kevin.)
I mixed the veggies w/ the baked tofu and topped with scallions and roasted peanuts.

Voila! The flavor on this turned out just right and I really wish I had measured the spices so that I could re-create it. Next time, I would add more veggies - carrots and water chestnuts would be good.
Dessert was the last mango mochi ice cream. I am probably heading over to Trader Joes during my lunch break today to pick up more. I love them.



Thursday AM


I realized that I haven't had oatmeal in awhile. When I feel rushed in the morning, I usually just grab a greek yogurt and cereal to mix in at work. But my new green bowl has been calling my name, so I finally made time to use it.
In the oatmeal mix: oats, skim milk, honey, unsweetened coconut, roasted almonds, dried bing cherries, and a spoonful of White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter.

The dried bing cherries really made this version of oats taste delish - they are plumper than raisins and have a nice tart flavor. yum.

OK - does anyone else hate taking big pills? I really don't like swallowing any type of pills, but I especially hate the big multivitamins. Well, guess what I found at Trader Joes? Gummy Multivitamins!!

I love all types of gummy candy, so to be able to eat gummies and know I am getting vitamins - I am SOLD. My shadow, a.k.a - Oscar, thinks they are a treat for him. :)

24 comments:

Alison Can Read April 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

The tofu stir-fry looks great. I love mochi too! My husband and I have the same arrangement as you - the non-cook does the dishes. That's why I always cook :-).

LizNoVeggieGirl April 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Hope you DO take part in the marathon - you'll rock it!!

Mmm, BROCCOLI!! My love.

Enjoy your Thursday, Lauren!!

Kara April 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I love mochi! I've only had the green tea and red bean kinds, though, and only in restaurants. I want to buy the TJ's one every time I'm there!

K from ksgoodeats April 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

That tofu stir fry looks fabulous!! I love gummy vitamins!!

Erica April 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

MMmm! You know I love stir fry! Looks like it turned out really well! Isn't it so nice to take a week night off from the gym/working out every once in a while? I feel like I get a million things done :) I must try those desserts from TJs...they sound so yummy. Hope you have a good almost Friday ;)

SeeGirlRun April 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

I get the adult chewables and I love the viactiv calcium chews. chocolate. ummm....othewise i wont' take my vitamins.

And why TOFU? why not meat? Isn't tofu tasteless? and spongy?

Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Peanuts ROCK in stirfry... I wish I had some to add to my leftovers today. :-/

My husband has been looking for Mochi... I'll have to pick up some of those at TJs.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

love that tofu stir-fry with roasted peanuts!!! such a complete and yummy plate!! :D

tfh April 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

You've convinced me! I'm picking up the mochi on my next trip to TJ's. (And laughing about your "I feel sorry for whoever has to clean that pan.")

lauren April 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

alison/me too! and when he cooks, I try to make sure he doesnt use many pots and pans. :)

veggiegirl/broccoli is SO good in stir-fry. it soaks up all the flavor!

kara/buy it - you will not be disappointed.

erica/exactly - and dusting and laundry is sort of a work out, right?

seegirlrun/I felt the same way about tofu for a LONG time. But it takes on the flavor of whatever you drizzle on and baking it creates this caramelized outside that is great. I am a convert, but dont get me wrong - I still enjoy meat too!

Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

lol, I know what you mean about those vitamin gummies. I used to have to control myself to stick to the recommended amount!
LOVING the mochi! have you tried the red bean or green tea one? they're out of the world!
and your tofu dish looks AWESOME! yum!

Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Interesting gummy vitamins. Sounds like you had a nice relaxed night. The stir fry looks fabulous.

Allison M. April 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Tofu. really? I've had it a few times but I'm not sold on it. I think my BF would laugh hysterically if I put tofu on the grocery list.

This boy only know meat and potatoes.

Erin April 9, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I take kid vitamins too! Flintstones in fact. The grown up ones hurt my tummy.

Great lookin stirfry. You def know what you're doing with tofu. I wish I could like it, really. I just can't get on board.

I am SO jeally of how close you work to TJs.

Run Sarah April 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

I take gummy vitamins too - they are the best!

The Introvert April 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Just read your post on the new job, congrats! And, I'll be running in the Baltimore Marathon this year, but I may have to be dragged across the finish line since it will be my first marathon. :-) Good luck with deciding!

Aron April 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

i gag every morning on my many vitamins... maybe gummies are the way to go :)

Kristi (sweet cheeks) April 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

Hey! Nice blog! Is that a golden retriever I see in the background?? I have one, too!!

Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Poor Oscar - he looked so hopeful.
Tofu looks yummy

Lori April 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Those ice cream bites look and sound so good! I love veggie dinners, but I just can't get into tofu. I like it in miso soup at the Japanese restaurant here, but that is about as far as I can go. It looks good though!

Zesty Cook April 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

WOW that stir fry looks amazing!! Have a great night and I vote for the marathon... light it up... you will do great!

Bridget April 10, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Delicious looking tofu!! I LOVE gummy vitamins!! Can't believe I havent bought them!

MacDuff April 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

This is so awesome!!! You should totally and completely do the Baltimore marathon - it's an AWESOME run. I've done it twice, and it's just as hard as Boston.

Also, I love those Mochi things, too. THey're addictive. You should try to get them at a Japanese restaurant. They're even better when they're homemade.

Anonymous April 11, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

thanks for the lovely comment! if you ever come by SE Asia, you've GOT to get yourself one of those delicious popiahs!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP