4.17.2009

Baltimore Blogger Meet-up

Last night, I headed out to Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill for the Baltimore Blogger Meet-up. I got to meet Rose, Ashley, Claire, and her husband Dan. It was so nice to finally meet everyone after reading their blogs for months now!

I felt so badly for Jasmine, who was attempting to drive up from Northern VA, because she got stuck in horrible traffic for hours and never made it. Hope to meet you next time!


It seemed like everyone is training for an upcoming race so we talked a lot about running, training, races, and food! I was trying to recruit everyone to sign up for the Zooma 10k or half marathon that is coming up at the end of May in Annapolis. Well, except Dan, of course, because it's an all-female race. :)


I started off with my old standby, Bud Light, which went down very fast, probably because of my nerves about meeting new people. I ordered a second one, but only took about 2 sips before our food arrived and I couldn't fit anymore beer.


We each custom ordered our burgers using a checklist they provide with every type of topping, meat, bread, cheese you could imagine.

My burger included:

  • chicken
  • lincolnshire cheddar
  • bib lettuce
  • tomato
  • cucumber
  • sprouts
  • mushrooms
  • herb yogurt (on the side)

It was delicious and OF COURSE I ordered sweet potato fries on the side. (sorry for the blurry shot)Overall, it was a fun time with some cool people. Looking forward to the next one - maybe we can all meet for a run?! :)



This is my last day at my current job, so some co-workers are taking me out to lunch for sushi! Cant wait.


Happy Friday everyone.


**Updated to add**


Head over to Erin's blog to support a great cause and enjoy delicious things. Can it get better than that?

21 comments:

Anonymous April 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

loved meeting you! had a great time! have a wonderful last day of work!!

LizNoVeggieGirl April 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

SWEET POTATO FRIES!!!!
Fun meet up!!

Kara April 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

I want to go there!

Have a good last day! Enjoy the sushi!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 17, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

I'm sorry that I missed out the meeting up... I'll be more organized and catch you up next time!

Anonymous April 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

looks like you had a great time! I always love last days at jobs - enjoy your sushi!

Erica April 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

SO much fun! That burger looks incredible

tfh April 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Looks like fun! Ooh, I was considering the Zooma half marathon. It looks like fun, and I had a great experience with my last all-women's half.

EL April 17, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Sorry I missed last night, I have been working crazy hours.

Alison Can Read April 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Sounds like fun. It's funny how so many bloggers are congregated in places like Boston, DC/Baltimore, and Florida

Erin April 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Glad you guys had fun!

Awesome build a burger menu!

Thx for linking over about the auction!

Yay for last day of work!

K from ksgoodeats April 17, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Aw what a great blogger meet up!!

Anonymous April 17, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Looks like fun and what good food.

Matt April 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Looks like a fun meet up with some great food!

Anonymous April 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

thats a serious burger! I was planning on getting the sweet potato fries too, its the first time I have seen them offered at a restuarant!

MizFit April 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

SO FUN!
I need to organize an Austin meet up.

Or better yet get someone else to :)

The Purple Carrot April 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Looks like such a great time : )

Anonymous April 19, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Very cool that you got to meet up with fellow bloggers and had a great time. The food looked really good.

Anonymous April 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

That looks like so much fun! I love getting the chance to talk to other bloggers in person. I hope that I can meet YOU someday :o)

Now I really want a burger + SP fries. I might need to make that my dinner...

Lori April 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

I have been craving a good burger lately and that picture just made it worse. Ha! It looks so good. Glad to hear you had a fun time!

I Run for Fun April 19, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

Sounds like a fun time. Nice pic...and yum looking burger!

caralluma fimbriata April 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

I want to be there..


all i want to do is just to eat that big burger..!!!


heheheheh"<0

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP