2.05.2009

Working for the Weekend (2.05.2009)

Wednesday Night


I am sorry to say that we didn't end up going to Mezze last night. Our friends weren't able to make it because one was sick, so we decided to lay low.

I made it to the gym for my run, but I only managed to run a 5k (3.1 miles) because my butt and upper thighs were so tight and fatigued from my workout last night. I have decided that I am not going to worry about the key runs for this week and just do what I can. I will repeat this training week next week.

I finally tried Laura's Wholesome Junk Food - Chocolate Chip Bite-lettes last night and I am addicted. These things are incredible. I am really going to have to ration these out so I don't overindulge.

I also roasted a spaghetti squash to have for lunch today. I like when it gets the caramelized color seen below... Its amazing how it comes out looking like spaghetti...I topped mine with 3 turkey meatballs and spicy tomato sauce for lunch today. This is one of my favorite work lunches.

Thursday

Oatmeal this morning contained:

  • 3/4 c oats
  • skim milk (enough to cover the oats)
  • handful blueberries
  • tsp brown sugar
  • few white chocolate/pb chips
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • spoonful of almond butter
Wow, I am boring today. Sorry about that. I am excited about having my new dishwasher installed tomorrow because I am working from home in the afternoon! So I feel like my weekend is starting early...

I just realized that the fact that I am excited about my new dishwasher makes me officially OLD. Man-oh-Man.

Saturday is my friend's baby shower and Saturday night I am having dinner with my family for restaurant week. Lots to look forward too. :)

What are you all looking forward to doing this weekend?

18 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl February 5, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Spicy tomato sauce = heavenly.

This weekend = looking forward to surviving UNTIL then. This week has been hellish ;-)

Erica February 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

I want to try those bites! I see them every time I go to WFs and pass them up. I am also amazed by spag squash. Whenever I make it I say to Josh- isn't it just so cool haha. Sorry about din din last night :(

I am going to Body Attack training this weekend and cannot wait! (note: remind me of this when I am in pain Monday morning :))

Unknown February 5, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Yep, those Laura's are amazing. A lot of the other flavors are delicious as well. I am partial to the lemon vanilla ones. I have no weekend plans!

HangryPants February 5, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

That was me!

Heather

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

I'd be excited about a dishwasher too. But then again, I AM old.

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Sorry you couldn't make dinner :(

LOVE spag squash!! So versatile!

I have no weekend plans sadly, I'm stuck in MI all by myself! Boo!

tfh February 5, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

My favorite thing about spaghetti squash is the smell!

I'm looking forward to...my first 20 mile run this weekend! (I hope...)

I Run for Fun February 5, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I've lived in apartments without a dishwasher, so I'd be excited about a dishwasher too!

You're wise - being flexible about your workouts. When I follow a new plan, I always tend to stress about whether I'm doing too much or too little.

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

so sad you weren't able to make it to mezze! have you ever been before? i have always been dying to go ive heard suchhhh great things! those bites look awesome! never seen those before! looking forward to visiting my sister at vt, and visitng my grandparents :)

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

I've seen those Laura's cookies all over, but I've never tried them. They do look good!

Fitnessista February 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

everything looks wonderful!
i'm looking forward to shopping in jacksonville this weekend :D
hope you have a great night!

Lori February 6, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

Uh-oh. That must mean I'm old too. I get way excited about appliances. :)

I think I'm going to roast a squash this afternoon. I love that caramelized color and flavor too. The weekend will be quiet for us and I'm looking forward to catching up on some reading. Have a great one!

Bridget February 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

I have seen those little "junk food" things so often adn never have tried them...maybe now I will, I've always been curious!

I hate feeling old :( But YAY for new dishwasher!!! I'd be excited too!

Jen (Running with Food) February 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

I would be just as excited as you are about a new dishwasher! That's good stuff, girl!

Your spaghetti squash lunch sounds fabulous!

Enjoy your weekend, chica!

lauren February 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

tfh/big weekend - GOOD LUCK!!

dailygoods/I have never been to Mezze - but want to get there soon.

EL February 6, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

I can survive without a dishwasher, but I would curl up and die without a garbage disposal.

My cousin comes to town tonight and tomorrow I am off to Philly to see my friend and her new baby.

lauren February 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

EL/ I need a garbage disposal so BADLY. I hate the gross trap in my sink.

SuckerForSweets February 11, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

I love Laura's Wholesome Junk Food!! I only treat myself once in a while b/c I end up eating the whole thing in two days! Not so wholesome :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP