First of all, thank you to everyone who has commented on my Hunger Takes No Holiday post - and for everyone who has helped me spread the word! Please keep it up and comment if you haven't already. :)
- There are different stations set up with the ingredients you need to prep meals on the monthly menu.
- Everything you need is set out for you with directions on how to do each step and what equipment to use.
- The menu changes each month and it is such a fun thing to do with others.
- You take home your meals and freeze them to cook at a later time. (bring a cooler with you)
- The meals are portioned for a family of 6, but you can split the meals if there are only two of you.
- They bake fresh scones and encourage you to bring your own wine to have during breaks.
I use these meals as a supplement to the things I cook myself. I haven't been in awhile - not sure if I have been since I've had this blog actually. They work well for nights when I have no desire to cook or don't have much time.
Funny Story - the first time we ever did it - I thought they were providing FREE wine for everyone and just went up to help myself. This one lady started asking me about my "multiples" and I had no idea what she was talking about. I think I just "smiled and laughed" - the normal response when you have no clue what someone is talking about. I guess a group, "Mothers of Multiples", was there "dishing" and had brought wine for their group. oopsie. ;)
Tender shrimp marinate with huge chunks of green pepper, onion, whole button mushrooms and mandarin oranges in a delectable sauce that includes a touch of sesame, garlic and hoisin. Sautéed until sizzling, then served on fragrant Jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts, Servings: 6
The following is becoming Kevin's standard drink - Skim Milk and Peanut Butter Puffins. ;)
Grilled corn tortillas topped w/ 2% shredded cheddar, scrambled eggs (liquid egg whites and 1 egg), and chipotle hot sauce. A tiny bit of turkey bacon in the background that needed to be used up.
Question for Ya
What is your go-to simple and easy dinner?