2.01.2009

Weekend Recap (02.01.2009)

This weekend was great. I accomplished a ton of household stuff. The most exciting thing was that I finally bought a new dishwasher. Mine has been out of commission for at least 5 months and I hate washing dishes. Cant wait for it to get here on Friday!

Workouts

Friday: Key Running Workout #2 (2 mile warm-up, 3 mile tempo, 1 mile cool down)

Saturday: Day Off

Sunday: 10 mile easy run. (start and finish at my parents house)

I feel so good to have finished a 10 miler today. I haven't run that long since the Harrisburg Marathon back on November 9th. It was a tough course with a ton of rolling, country hills.

At one point, I became agitated because we passed the turn to go back and went on a long out and back that I wasn't expecting. Plus there were more hills. I got through, but definitely had something to say about it. oopsie. We'll call it my runner's low. The high came when we were finally done!

Food

Its not everything I ate, but the best stuff is highlighted below.

Saturday Oatmeal. Oatmeal, skim milk, blueberries, white chocolate and peanut butter chips, almond butter, agave nectar.Saturday Carb Load. We took a trip over to DiPasquales in Highlandtown to get some stuff for our carb load dinner. It is a great italian market, deli, restaurant. Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli. Spicy tomato sauce. Fresh Baked Italian Bread. Good Olive Oil. Mini Packet of Nutella.Orangina.Dinner was the ravioli with spicy sauce and fresh parm. The pasta was incredible and HUGE. I could only eat three ravioli.Grilled garlic bread.Italian Bread w/ nutella. An amazing combo. Can you see Oscar begging in the background?Sunday Pre-Run Oatmeal. Oatmeal, skim milk, bananas, white chocolate chips, agave nectar, almond butter, a peanut somehow slipped in.Sunday Post-Run Brunch. Since the run began at my parents house, my mom ran a 3-miler and then came back to put together this awesome spread! The freshest, sweetest strawberries. Oranges. Muffins. Toasted Fruit & Nut Bagels with whipped cream cheese. Coffee. Juice. (not pictured)

Sunday Superbowl Dinner. Grilled Steak, Mashed Parsnip, Mushroom/Shallot/Garlic/Red Wine/Rosemary sauce, Roasted Fingerling Sweet Potatoes.It was Deeeeelish. A little Woop Woop Shiraz to wash it all down.Found the fingerling sweet potatoes at Trader Joes. Love that place. How good was the Superbowl halftime show?! Bruce was AWESOME.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl February 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

MINI PACKS OF NUTELLA AND FINGERLING SWEET POTATOES?!?!??! Heaven!!!

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

I LOVE homemade ravioli! I need to find somewhere to get some!

Nice job on the 10 miler! I love the feeling after a long run!

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

woah they make mini packs of nutella! i had no idea! must find them now....

Erica February 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

I have never seen mini packs of nutella??? Josh LOVES that stuff. He tells me not to buy it because he fears he will scarf down the whole jar. Those mini packs will be perfect for him!

I think you asked me a question about refried beans that I have yet to answer (sorry)! I usually use them in quesadillas (layer tortilla, than refried beans, little cheese, some corn, another tortilla. Awesomeness! I bet they'd be awesome in dip too!

Amelia February 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Wow I thought your dinner was at a restaurant! It looks so professionally plated.

Good job on the 10 miler!

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

WOO 10 mile run, hell ya girl :D OMG bruce freakin' rocked out of control! Love him, and didn't u just love his lady back up guitarists??

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

Way to get your double digit run on! And thank goodness you have a dishwasher coming! I'd be all about the Chinet if I didn't have a dishwasher!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point February 2, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

i saw bruce in concert last year and he was so energitic. love him!

also woop woop shiraz is awesome!

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

I ran a 10 miler this weekend too and it felt so nice. The ravioli looks really good.

lauren February 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

VeggieGirl, apluseating & Erica/let me know if you cant find them. I would be more than happy to send you some!

Amelia/thanks! My boyfriend loves to plate our dinners to try and look professional so he will be happy to hear this!

carolinebee/loved the female! I want to try and see him in concert now!

sarah/oh yeah - it has made us not want to cook because we know one of us has to clean up.

caitlin/ I want to try and get tickets to his concert here in DC!

d10/ good job on the 10 miler.

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Those mini packs are SO CUTE!! I love 'em!

Congrats on the run! Do you know - I have NEVER used a dishwasher?! Crazy right?!

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Yea! theres a store in Annapolis, and one in Bethesda. I love that little packet of nutella! so cute!

Fitnessista February 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

i used to love orangina because it has my name in it :D
amazing 10-miler!!!
the ravioli looks deeelish
have a great day <3

Lori February 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Getting new appliances is so exciting. I often wonder if this means I'm getting old. :)

That picture of Oscar in the background is too cool! Looks like a weekend full of great eats and good exercise. Have a wonderful week!

tfh February 2, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Great job on the runs!

And I definitely need to seek out those Nutella mini-packs. The larger container is just too dangerous to even keep in the house!

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Great job on the run!
I have that olive oil too, it's the best!

HangryPants February 2, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

I love that kind of olive oil!

I need to get those sweet potatoes!

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

AH!!! Another awesome blog find! love it! I'll be checking in-I'm adding you to my blogroll!

I Run for Fun February 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

All your eats look so good. Superbowl dinner...mmm. That Oscar cracks me up!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP