2.06.2009

Not Meant to Be?

As I mentioned yesterday...I was very excited to get my new dishwasher installed this afternoon. It is currently 6:25pm. No dishwasher. They were supposed to be here between 1pm and 5pm. I called the office around 4:30pm and the woman told me I was the next stop.

Now, the office is closed and I don't have a number to reach anyone. Ughh. I am SO extremely frustrated and disappointed. Plus, I have a whole stack of dishes that I was hoping to put into the new dishwasher instead of washing them by hand.

I was also looking forward to going to the gym, taking Oscar for a walk, and going shopping, but instead - I have been house bound. Maybe it is just not meant to be...

The positive thing about me being housebound was that I cleaned the entire house and am caught up on laundry. So, that is a good thing.

My cleaning started when I walked upstairs and came to a realization that my "sweet" kitten Lucy got into a roll of paper towels that we had left on the floor.She doesn't really get the whole environmental, "green" thing because that was a brand new roll.

Yup, so my afternoon has been wonderful! I did take a break for some sliced apples, sprinkled with cinnamon, then dipped in White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter. I am currently debating meeting Kevin for happy hour or waiting a little while longer to see if they show up. I think 2 hours late is my limit.

Here's to getting this weekend moving in a better direction...and thanks for letting me vent!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl February 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Ahh, hang in there, Lauren!! I'm praying HARD that your weekend goes much smoother.

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

that's one of the best snacks :)

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

Aw man :( hope it gets there soon!!

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

That is so annoying :( I'm sorry!

Cassandra February 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

Vent it out girl! I love cats, but their love for destroying all things "crunchy" "fluffy" or "rollable" ie: paper towels, is a trait I do not enjoy! Ella, my cat, likes to dump over the recycling can and scatter my tissues, q-tips and gum wrappers all over the house!

Anonymous February 7, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

My girls do that with toilet paper too. It's fun to pick all the little shreds out of the carpet.

Hope your day got better and that your dishwasher magically appeared.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP