2.04.2009

Tough = Good for Me (2.04.2009)

Whew! I hadn't mentioned it before, but I have been stressing about a presentation I had to give at work for the past few days. Its over and I think I did OK. I despise giving presentations in front of people, but since I am forced to do it sometimes in my job - it is slowly getting a little easier each time.


Tuesday

I was supposed to go run last night and guess what? It didn't happen. I need to get back on track immediately.

I did do the 2nd week workout of "I Want Six Pack Abs" at home. Last week, I managed to do first week's exercises twice.

My workout included:

  • A1: Dive Bomber Pushup - 3 sets of 15
  • A2: Jump Squat - 3 sets of 15
  • B1: Chin up or pull up - don't have a pull-up bar, so I just danced around in place with Oscar during the time I was supposed to do that. "Get it from her mama" by Juvenile came on. ;)
  • B2: Alternating Split Squat Jump - 3 sets of 30
  • C1: Double Crunch - 3 sets of 30
  • C2: Single Leg Plank Pose - I just did a regular plank, 3 sets, 45 secs.
This workout was really hard. I turned the heat in the house off and had to go outside to get fresh air.
In my book tough = good for me, so I am happy that my gluteus maximus and the upper back part of my thighs are killing me today. I guess this same saying could be applied to my presentation fear I mentioned earlier? hmm.

Dinner appetizer was steamed edamame w/ sea salt.
The main course was Stir-Fry Vegetables with Baked Tofu and Peanuts. I sauteed the frozen stir-fry veggies from Trader Joes in a little toasted sesame oil while my tofu was baking. Then I just mixed it all together with some Soyaki from Trader Joes, which I recently picked up and is great! Also threw some dry-roasted peanuts into the mix.
YUM. Dessert was a Skinny Cow Caramel Ice Cream Cone.

Tuesday is my favorite TV night: Biggest Loser and Real Housewives of the OC! Although I do think Biggest Loser gets drawn out too much, so I switch around a lot during that. Not into their commercials for Cheerios during the show.

Wednesday

I was running late, so breakfast was a quick bowl of Peanut Butter Puffins in skim milk. I also picked up a Green Tea Latte at my corner coffee place. I tried a new flavor today - Acai Green Tea.
They use the Republic of Tea brand and the new flavor was awesome with steamed skim milk and a little honey. (picture take from the Republic of Tea website)
Tonight, I am planning to head straight to the gym for my Key Weekly Run Workout #1 and then Kevin and I have plans to go out to dinner with friends for Restaurant Week. They extended it until Feb 8, so we had to take advantage of it while it lasts.

We are headed to Mezze in Fell's Point. They serve Mediterranean Tapas, so, we will just be getting little plates of a bunch of stuff. Here is their restaurant week menu:

Dinner (All of the following are included)

  • Hummus: Pureed chick peas and tahini sauce seasoned with garlic and cumin
  • Tzatziki: Farm stead yogurt mixed with roasted garlic, cucumber, dill and imported olive oil
  • Village Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet onions, cubanelle peppers, capers and imported feta cheese tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette
  • Grape Leaves: Stuffed with aromatic rice, pine nuts, parsley and onions, topped with tzatziki sauce
  • Falafel: Traditional ground chickpea and fava bean cake with tahini sauce, chopped tomato and parsley
  • Spinach Pie: Spinach with imported feta cheese and fresh herbs, wrapped in phyllo
  • Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed with aromatic rice, mushrooms, onions and a variety of Mediterranean cheeses
  • Chicken Kabob: Mediterranean style grilled marinated chicken and vegetables
  • Baby Lamb Chops: Served with garlic potato puree
  • Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes: Broiled hand picked crab meat cakes

Third Course (choice of one)

  • Baklava
  • Kataifi
  • Baked Custard
Makes my choices easier, but I definitely need to make it to the gym before this meal tonight!! I will do a full recap tomorrow. Have a good one!

11 comments:

Aron February 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

eeeek presentations freak me out too!! good job :)

LizNoVeggieGirl February 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

DELISH dinner ahead!!

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

i love feeling that horrid soreness every time u go to sit down :D Good luck on the run, at least u have that awesome dinner to look forward to, i could eat mediterranean food every night! And those are two good tv shows for sure- BL is soo drawn out- lame! But wasn't Housewives kind of more emotional than usual, I love Jeanna she's my fave :D

Erica February 4, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

mmmmmmmmm everything for tonight sounds so good! I agree with Caroline- soreness makes me feel so accomplished!

Real housewives is the best!

K from ksgoodeats February 4, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Glad your presentation went well!!

HOLY COW - that dinner sounds like heaven :) Can't wait for the recap!

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

ive been dying to try mezze! cant wai to hear the review :)

ChickPea February 5, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Ugh I hate giving presentations as well...glad you made it through!

PS I hope you went with the baklava for dessert:)

Sarah February 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

The homemade dinner looks great and so does the menu. I'm with Caroline, I can't get enough of that mediterranean food.

I can't stand all the product placement/promotion during The Biggest Loser. Lame!

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

I hate presentations too. I am always someone is going to ask me a question I can't answer.

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

congrats on the presentation! And, the food looks yummy. I also need to get back on track.

I Run for Fun February 5, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

That dinner looks awesome! And what a workout! You're too good.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP