6.16.2009

Wedding Season 2009

The past two weekends, I have been busy celebrating...First, the wedding of my friend from college in Charlottesville, VA.It was a beautiful location overlooking the mountains and a perfect day - maybe a tad warm during the ceremony, but at least I wasn't in a tux.My parents were there to celebrate as well!This first dance of the night led to many more dances throughout the night. (That would be my back facing the camera...my spin moves were too fast for the camera to capture.)Being part of the wedding, I only managed to take one food picture the entire weekend. We each got an individual Poppy seed dressing with our salad that I thought was a great touch. I swear it is all about the small details.
Kevin and I had a great time with everyone.Next weekend, it was Kevin's turn to be part of the festivities and with me behind the lens, there were a tad more pictures, especially of the food.The set up was gorgeous, on Gibson Island, right on the Chesapeake Bay. And believe me those parasols came in handy during the very warm ceremony.The groomsman were all decked out in preppy/cool/summer attire. Look! An "L"....for Lauren. just kidding. It was for their new "married couple" last name and a great touch.They did it!Our seating assignments were attached to these blue crab lollipops.Delish salad to start...I think it was a pepper parmesan dressing.Followed by steak and cake with potatoes and asparagus. As you can see, I couldn't wait to dig into the lump crab cake...a Maryland specialty.
I stuck with my standard black dress while others were more colorful. I need to get more colorful dresses in my wardrobe!
If you look up "Dancing King" in the dictionary - my boyfriend will be listed under there.Ok, had to throw this one in too just to re-iterate my point. :)We had another great time.


I have come to the conclusion that two amazing wedding weekends in a row = a very tired 30 year old. Oh man, it was hard to type that. ;)

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl June 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Such lovely celebratory events!!

Rose June 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

Wow - you're as busy with weddings as I am! I guess it's that time of year. I love all the dresses and C-ville is bootiful!

Aron June 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

i love weddings!!!!

Matt June 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Haha. Weddings always have good food!

K from ksgoodeats June 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Aww how fun!!

Lo June 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

awe i love weddings..my cousin is getting married in july and my brother in september! they are so fun!

Anonymous June 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

So Kevin has some skill on the dance floor! We'll with all these weddings you'll be ready for when you get married.

Erica June 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

ohhhhhh wedding season- we're so in the swing of it all too! I love getting to see all the different details everyone picks out!

Anonymous June 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I love weddings! Looks like fun.

ChickPea June 17, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Ooh I love weddings too--you're getting me psyched for the one I am attending in a week and a half!

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Hhahaha ya'll are adorable! I love your outfits!
Dare I ask when ya'lls wedding is? OH! Worst question ever right?!

lauren June 17, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

erin/ha! yes, that IS the question we have been getting ALOT lately. Our answer - dont know, but we sure are happy now! :)

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Weddings are so much fun! I am like you though, I need to get a more colorful wardrobe too- I am so plain!!

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Very nice weddings. I love the little jars of poppyseed dressing.

I can imagine how tiring it would be!

Graze With Me June 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Oh I love wedding season. But I'm biased because my own wedding was this year too!

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually miss going to weddings. It seemed like a few years ago there were weddings all the time and now...not so much. I did have fun at my cousins wedding a few weeks ago. I want to steal your doggie. So cute!

Alison Can Read June 17, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Love the dressing. It's funny...most of my friends are married but I've only been to a few weddings. Most are in other locations or I just can't go.

Julie June 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

awwww those weddings look SO fun!! glad you had a great time :)

I Run for Fun June 18, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

What a great time you've had! I enjoyed all the pics. You too make a very lovely couple.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP