6.19.2009

Fab Fish Tacos

The other day I marinated some fresh tilapia. The marinade went something like this:

  • 1 huge lemon, juice and zest
  • 1-2 TBSP EVOO
  • 1-2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • 1-2 tsp capers
While Kevin grilled the fish, I put together some toppings. Shredded cabbage, chopped tomatoes, lemon, and a spicy yogurt topping.
For the spicy yogurt topping, I threw together the following:
  • 1 container OIKOS greek yogurt, plain
  • 1/2 large lemon, juiced
  • fresh parsley, chopped
  • squirt or two of Sriracha (SO spicy that it makes my nose run)
Here is the process of making a fab fish taco. Corn tortillas were brushed with EVOO and Adobo seasoning, then grilled, so they had those wonderful grill marks I love so much. Topped with the best tasting fish I have ever had. (That marinade works wonders and I let mine work overnight)A little shredded cabbage...
Chopped tomatoes...(I later picked these out because I didn't like them that much)
Spicy Yogurt sauce...
Wait! Kevin also grilled up some pineapple. yum.
It was an outstanding, light summer dinner.

15 comments:

Rose June 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Perfect recipe for summer!

Erica June 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

mmmmm these look super good! That sauce sounds great too- I love yogurt sauce...especially with some kick!

Anne June 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Those look delicious! Thanks for the recipe. The yogurt sauce sounds great :D

K from ksgoodeats June 19, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

That spicy yogurt sounds right up my alley!

RunningLaur June 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Looks great!

Anonymous June 19, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Nice lite recipe. Grilled pineapple is so good!

lizzy June 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

YUM!!! i'm now craving grilled fish for dinner! hope you have a great weekend!

tfh June 19, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

That looks SO good, down to the grilled pineapple!

Chrissi June 19, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

mmmmmmmm...yummy! i am going to make these next week.

Erin June 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

That looks SO good. Oh how I wish we could grill where we live...

Betsy June 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I love that you grilled the tortillas - I've never done that but it looks so good!

Unknown June 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

fresh and tasty!

Karena June 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Oooh! I want to try these! Do you think they'd be ok on a grill pan? I think I've managed to convince myself that the grill pan is only good for making the grill marks :\

I Run for Fun June 22, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

That looks delicious. Grilled pineapple...I've never had them...but sounds like they would go very well with the fish.

lauren June 23, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

karena/i think the grill pan would work great - let me know if you do try it!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP