8.27.2008

This day flew by...and I won something!

I can barely remember what I had for breakfast! Ok, well i woke up late, so figured i would grab breakfast on the way to work. I grabbed a few snacks for in between meals, but didnt have time to pack a real lunch. So I picked up a small, skim, vanilla iced latte from Dunkin Donuts and a wheat bagel with veggie cream cheese on the side. I only ended up eating one half of the bagel because i got to work and had meeting after meeting until 11am! This is not normal - usually that bagel would be gone in about 2 mins. So around 11am, I had a cherry pie larabar. This is one of my favorites.
For lunch, I went out to my favorite place Buon Giorno. This is my favorite pizza place in the entire world - i kid you not, they make the best pizza i have every tasted. I feel like I could eat an entire pizza. But i never have. I think 4 slices is the most i have ever eaten. ha - that is ALOT. So, i am trying to limit myself to having their pizza once or twice a month - if that. So, today i ordered the house salad with grilled chicken. It came with the house dressing, which is a creamy balsamic dressing. It was HUGE - i couldnt finish all of it. Took a picture of if in the car before returning to work.
I hope none of my co-workers saw me.
So for my afternoon snack, I had a bowl of oatmeal with the normal fixings, PB, banana, raisins, and almonds. Here it is in the morning when i threw it together.
After getting home from work, Kevin and I took oscar for a run around the park. He wanted to carry the football and practice throwing and catching on the run. (our co-ed league starts up soon) So we were those people running and throwing and catching the football. It was fun and I think i caught more than he did. My throws were right to him too! ;) We probably ran about 2.5 miles.

Does anyone else find it hard to not snack while making dinner? i am trying to find good snacks to eat while cooking. These veggie chips are pretty good. I probably had about 2-3 handfuls.

Oh, and a few dark chocolate covered raisins. Seriously - that was all I ate. I promise.


So dinner tonight was coconut crusted tilapia, with sweet potato fries, and a mixed of cooked spinach, tomatoes and onions (and a small amount of asiago cheese). I have only been able to find this fish at Safeway in my area - it is amazing!

Here it is ready to go into the oven. The foil is to protect the baking sheet, so that there are less dishes!!

Here are the sweet potato fries - shoot, i forgot the foil! I just sprayed the pan with some Pam and sprinkled with salt and pepper. They were done in about 20+ mins at 400 degrees. BUT, they could have used more time - i was hungry and just ate them with a little bite left in them.

Here is the spinach cooking. I started with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh garlic. Then i added in the onions and fresh spinach. Once the spinach had cooked all the way down, i added fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheese. OH, and lots of fresh pepper!
Here is my plate from above - this dinner was amazing.

So dessert is going to be my last pudding pie! Tonight, I got a call from a number i didnt know at my home number. Usually it is just telemarketers, so I dont answer, but it looked like a cell phone, so i picked up and I am glad I did! Turns out that I won the door prize at this dog fair thing a local church was putting on at the park. Oscar and I were walking through there about a month ago and I put my name into their raffle. I won! I never win anything - seriously. I enter those contests at Pioneer Woman like EVERY day! But I won a $25 gift certificate to Dogma - this awesome pet store right in Canton! I am so excited to go down there and pick out something cool for oscar. I think he needs a new collar!!

5 comments:

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Congrats on the win - I never win anything either - I am jealous!! Your dinner looks amazing - where did you get the idea for the spinach mixture??

lauren August 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Hi Kim in MD! For the spinach, I guess I sort of just made it up with what i had in the fridge. I started with the garlic and olive oil, then i thought some onions would be good in there. Then i added the spinach and it looked like it needed some color, so I added the tomatoes. And then, cheese seems to make everything better! Thanks for the comment! :)

Anonymous August 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

ooooh! That coconut covered talapia looks GREAT!

Anonymous August 29, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

Wow- it looks like with your diet you get to eat alot. What is your average calorie intake daily?

lauren August 29, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

hey there anonymous! I have no idea what my daily calorie intake is - I am not a calorie counter. And if you think I ate alot on wednesday - wait until you see yesterday's food intake ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP