8.22.2008

My First Post

So tonight was a "big" outing to Trader Joes. Its weird how these days I would rather go grocery shopping on pay day instead of heading to the mall for clothes or shoes. I guess it just shows how much I love food! So, I always come home and have to try a little of everything I buy. Pictured below is a small sampling of all the items I bought. The "already-cut" sweet potatoes are pure laziness, but I just couldnt resist the thought of having quick and easy sweet potato fries one night. The Kung Pao chicken stir-fry meal is a one of my staple meals because it is so easy to make if you get home late from the gym or wherever. The blueberry flax seed is something new that I am going to try. A direct result of my food blog reading! The larabars are the best "bar" I have ever tried. I love how the ingredients are simple and REAL. Cinnamon/Sugar Pita chips are my new splurge - I could seriously eat an entire bag. (there really arent that many in there, just so you know)


I also experimented with a peach/blueberry cobbler tonight - basically using up some of the fruit I had on hand. Also included brown sugar, cinnamon, oatmeal, and butter. Now, I told you I like to splurge sometimes and I am fully aware how horrible butter is for you, but with baking - I feel like it is needed, especially with all that fruit and oats in the cobbler. See how I rationalize things?


Just ignore that bite out of the final product. The dog did it. See how guilty he looks.






3 comments:

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

That dog looks innocent! I think it was someone else.

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

I think it was the blogmaster blaming it on the dog!

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

POOR Oscar!!
Love what you have so far - you are writing just like you think! Alot of people will identify with that. Love, MOM

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP