8.26.2008

Dinner, a Dog, and Dishes

So, i added a section for my 2008 race calendar tonight! It lists what races I have completed this year and then future races, to be completed. The Bagel2Beer marathon is something my father organizes every year and we are going to use it as the longest training run - 20 miles! The Baltimore Marathon is the big goal. I have completed 3 marathons, but it has been 3 years since I have done one, so that makes it scary again. This will be Kevin's first marathon, so it should be exciting. This weekend, we are doing an 18 mile training run. We have been officially training since April/May of this year. Our longest runs so far have been a 15 and 16 miler - each a few weeks back. We will use the Galloway method, something i had never used until this year, but definitely see the value after using it during the Frederick half marathon.

Now on to dinner! I decided to cook up Trader MING's (I just noticed it said this - ha) Kung Pao chicken stir-fry, which is just so good.

Please note my stylish bowl - circa 1990, when the Arizona motif was in - hand-me-down from my sister and her husband. These are still hanging on - because they really are the perfect size bowl!

Dessert was a pudding cup - not pictured. My dog, Oscar, has become a committed beggar of food. Probably doesn't help that i like to eat dinner on the floor sometimes. ;) But, he has very good techniques. First, he sizes up the food.
Then he looks up at you with the sweetest face - ever. (You'd think he hadn't had a treat in months.)Then he goes in for the kill, lays on my leg and looks up at me with one sad eye, like he might die from starvation.

I always fall for it.

One more thing - I need a new dishwasher - ASAP. A few weeks ago, I spent my day-off at home, all day waiting for a certain home-improvement store to arrive and install the new one. They never showed and I had to call them to find out that the installer was on the way to the store to pick up my dishwasher. This is 30 mins after the latest time they were supposed to arrive at my house. I got a refund because i didn't want my money going to that store anymore. Then, I started my new job, where I don't have any vacation saved up. So, for now, it is hand-washing for me. And this is what my sink looks like pretty much every day. And I hate doing dishes. Love cooking and making a mess, but hate cleaning it up.

5 comments:

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

Love the 2008 race calendar. I don't run, but it is very inspiring! Maybe I'll start to run a little bit and increase my distance each time. Then maybe one day I'll be able to run a Marathon, which would be really cool!

Love the bowl! I also hate washing dishes, but love to cook and bake!

Your dog is sooo cute!

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Hey Lauren- did you check the sodium content on your chinese food meal? Typically they are pretty high...

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 10:47 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lauren August 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Hi anonymous - I removed one of the comments - looks like the same one was submitted twice. But - GOOD POINT! I just checked the sodium content and it is higher than I should be eating. I will be checking this more carefully from this point on! Thanks! check out the nutrition facts at this location: http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/trader-mings/kung-pao-chicken-stir-fry

lauren August 27, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Foodie, I would have never considered myself a runner until a few years back either! It just takes slowly working up to the longer distances. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP