2.23.2009

Packed

First off, thank you to everyone who has commented on my last post - and for everyone who has a blog - please help me spread the word! :)


I literally don't feel like I stopped ALL weekend - it was packed! I am a complete zombie today.

Friday

  • Let's Dish with my mom and sister
  • Thai dinner with mom

Saturday

  • 8.5 mile run in Columbia with kevin, dad, and other friends.
  • Discovered THE MOST amazing greek restaurant in Greektown for lunch
  • Kevin's work awards dinner

Sunday

  • Lunch with high school friends
  • Dinner with family
I will be posting reviews of the Thai and Greek Restaurant separately to ensure this post doesn't break the scroller on your mouse.

Saturday night, Kevin (my boyfriend), got an award for all of his hard work last year. He had the top sales for his group. It was a fancy affair with only a small group of people invited. That made it pretty special to be there.

Kevin and I got to play dress-up and it was fun.
I did have a wrap since it was a windy, 30 degrees outside! They had a professional photographer there taking pictures of each couple, so I am excited to get those back.

No photos from inside because it was a bunch of big wigs that I had never met before. The food was delicious. Caesar salad to start, then crabcake and filet with broccoli and mashed potatoes. Chocolate molten cake for dessert. White wine all throughout the night. :)

I had some great eats on Sunday too. First, for lunch at my friend Maggie's house where we got together for our semi-monthly, high school reunion.

I made a mexican 7-layer dip which I forgot to take a photo of because I was rushing!! (fat free refried beans, light sour cream, guac, salsa, 2% cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions)

Other eats included: Pork tenderloin,
spinach salad (with the biggest salad scooper thingees I have ever seen!),
mashed potatoes and fruit salad.
There was also brownies, chocolate chip cookie pie, and peanut butter mousse pie for dessert. I tried a tiny piece of each pie....deeelish.

A little later, I headed over to my mom and dad's house for dinner.

She had made two types of lasagna - Veggie and Turkey, salad, and garlic bread. There was also peanuts, pretzels, and celery with PB and chive cream cheese as appetizers.

Since I had a big lunch, I tried to go light on dinner and just had a small piece of veggie lasagna, salad, and a piece of bread. It was all great - especially the lasagna because it was full of carrots, spinach, onions, mushrooms and cheese.

Then came dessert. Fresh strawberries over ice cream, pizzelles, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chip cookies, and butterscotch bark. Unfortunately, I just couldn't do it - there was no more room in my stomach. I did end up grabbing a strawberry and chocolate covered almond, but I definitely only did that because they were staring at me and not from any sort of hunger.

In other news, today I tried a horned melon (Kiwano) for the first time! It was crazy...I had to look up how to eat it online before I started.

It is a pretty color, but it was the hardest fruit I have ever tried to eat. I say "tried" because I don't really feel like I ate anything.

Basically, you suck the little, green pulp things out of it and then you can spit out or eat the seeds. I spit them out and it was difficult! The pulp of the fruit is a little rubbery and would basically slither down my throat before I could get the seeds out. The ones I did get out were all over my chin and desk. Lovely!

It tasted like a cucumber to me. I don't think I will be buying this again because it was TOO hard to eat and expensive. It probably would have taken me 3 days to eat this fruit fully... especially if I was spitting out all the seeds. I spent about 30 mins on it and had a plate full of little seeds. Please tell me if you have tried it and I am completely missing something here.

Happy Monday!

16 comments:

Rose February 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

That's so funny. I just bought a horned melon and have been reading/watching videos on how to prepare it. I'll let you know how it goes for me!

You guys look all schnazzy! Looks like a good time.

LizNoVeggieGirl February 23, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

GORRRGEOUS dress, girl!!

I've never had a Kiwano before - so intriguing-looking!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! February 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

amazing dress, fun weekend and great eats!!! :D

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

that is a crazyyy looking melon!!! you look very pretty all dressed up :) so gorgeous!

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

You guys look cute!! Congrats to Kevin for getting an award :)

Greek food = amazing! Butterscotch bark?! Sounds delish! Interesting fruit find!

HangryPants February 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

I love pizzelles!


Congrats to your boyfriend on the award. I love your dress.

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Way to go Kev Kev! You guys look sexy!

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

You guys are smokin'!

I love that you have a high school get-together and of course, healthified 7 layer dip!

I Run for Fun February 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

You both look gorgeous! Sounds like a lovely and tasty weekend!

Ha ha...the horned melon looks and sounds weird! In the pic, the guy looks like he is kissing it on the mouth!

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

So cute!

That is an f'd up fruit... Anything that hard to eat is definitely not worth the time. I have enough trouble with the whole "peeling" thing involved with eating an orange. Kudos to you for the effort though!

Elizabeth February 23, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Oh how fun! You look beautiful!

ChickPea February 24, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

Cool! That melon is a work of art!

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Your look so pretty in that dress! Glad you had a good weekend!

tfh February 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

You guys look super! Congratulations to Kevin.

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

HOLY DELICIOUS post!! And you look absolutely beautiful btw! :) Now that I can't be bloggin we need to schedule that sushi date! lol! :)

Unknown February 24, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

you guys look great :) and fun food, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP