2.10.2009

It's been awhile (2.10.2009)

Thanks for all the get well wishes for Oscar. He is still limping, but is showing small signs of improvement every day. We had an appt at the vet tonight and the doctor thinks it is a sprain, but wants to see the x-rays from the Pet ER before knowing for sure.


I was also informed that Oscar needs to go on a diet. He is about 10 pounds overweight. All those treats caught up with him over the holidays. She said that I should lower the amount of dry food and add in a can of green beans. Anyone else done this?! We will see how this goes over. I told him I wouldn't start his diet until after his paw was better.

Quickest Weekend Recap Eva

Saturday, my mom and I went to my friend, Chrissi's, baby shower brunch in DC. It was a great time and I got to see some good friends from college!

My first breakfast plate.
My second breakfast plate. Kidding. My friend Laura, who helped organize the shower, made these cute little buggers. I had a strawberry cupcake that was deeelish.

Centerpieces with baby sock roses. aww.
Friend shot...The rest of my Saturday involved greasy food and the Pet ER. Chick-Fil-a: cant deny its goodness.
Sunday was spent nursing Oscar back to health and then drinking bloody mary's outside in Fell's Point to celebrate the 60 degree weather. Had to get out and enjoy it for a few hours. I definitely fell off the workout wagon for a while there, which is a shame because the weather was perfect this weekend!

Ok, probably not the quickest recap, but I tried.

Monday

I don't always post pictures of my lunch, but I wanted to show what is starting to become a regular lunch salad for me. The beets are wrapped in plastic wrap since they stain everything. Beets and Goat Cheese added to any salad makes me actually WANT to eat it.
After work, the weather was still pretty warm and it was light out, so I went for a 3.4 mile (33 mins) run and then did a 20 min lifting, lunge, ab workout at home.

This week is about getting back on the program. I am going to repeat the 3rd week from my running program since I only did 1/3 of it last week.

Exciting Stuff

1. I had the highest bid for Andrea's (bella eats [and runs]) Chocolate Chip Cookies in Meghann's blogger bake sale. The sale benefits Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). Great cause and I cant wait to get the cookies!!

2. My first contest is coming in the next few days...once I get my act together.

Good night!

18 comments:

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

score on winning, i'm sure those will be SO good! Ha i laughed about Oscar- my friend has the BEST chocolate lab that is literally a third child, and she's getting older and a little chunky..so they put her on diet kibble, so that's another option maybe!? :D

I Run for Fun February 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

So glad Oscar is feeling better. Yeah, give the poor guy a break on his diet till he feels better!

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

haha the green bean idea is funny. my dog despises all vegetables. she will sniff them, maybe lick them and then just walk away disappointed. hopefully oscar feels differently =)

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

those chik-fil-a fries are the best!

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

I like the second breakfast! Great job with your baked goods for the auction!

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

i'm so glad oscar is a bit better =)

my dog is a bit overweight too - i have never heard about adding green beans to dry food...i'll look into it.

oh, and I'm super excited about ur 1st contest!

ChickPea February 11, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

Ah, I remember those waffle fries--so good!

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

My boyfriend's mom's dog went on the "less food/add veggies" diet and it seems to be working.

Glad doggie and dog-mom are doing better. I've had my dog for a year now and if she got sick (well I know one day she will), I'd be devastated.

Erica February 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Hey! Glad Oscar is doing better! That baby sock bouquet is so cute! I need to figure out how to do that for my sisters shower!! Can't wait for the contest!

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

I never heard of addign a can of green beans! Hope he feels better soon.

The cupcakes look amazing. So cute.

LizNoVeggieGirl February 11, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

I'm praying that you guys stay well!!

EL February 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Sorry to hear about Oscar, I hope he is feeling better.

My mother-in-law feeds her overweight dogs green beans and they LOVE them. She has to buy flats of canned green beans because the dogs go through can a day. The dogs actually prefer the green beans to dog treats.

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

Don't you love those little jars of jam?! I think they're so cute!!

Hope Oscar starts to feel better! We haven't put our dogs on that sort of diet before but we have cut back on their food/treats and increased their activity (playing). With Oscars hurt foot he probably couldn't be that active so maybe give the green beans a shot if he'll eat them?

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

i'm glad oscar is feeling better. love him :) i think i just had an off day at Victorias. i would definitely still try it out if you've been wanting to. i want to go again and this time either get the cuban sandwich or the lobster grilled cheese. i haven't given up on it yet! my family dog hershey is overweight. my mom buys her weight control dog food and its definitely helped for sure!

Erica February 11, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

ah! I totally want to meet you! Can't wait until I'm up in DC next time and we can do din din with all the other DC bloggers :)

Aron February 11, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

my lab needs to go on a diet too. my mother in law mixed in peas and carrots into the dry food and her dogs lost a bunch of weight. i have been meaning to do it with emma, just havent yet... thank you for the reminder :)

Meghann February 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

I'm glad Oscar is feeling better!

I like your second breakfast plate better then the first ;) and the Chick fil a isn't bad either. If I'm going to go for fried fast food, chick fil a is at that very top of my list.

COngrats on Andrea's cookies! I can't wait to hear how they are.

eatinginbalance February 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM  

The restaurant where I work has a beet and goat cheese salad over spinach - I'm now completely in love with this combo. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP