2.03.2009

Oscar's Time to Shine (2.03.2009)

Monday


Last night, I had planned to do one of the "Six Pack Abs" workouts at home and then head to spin class at 7pm. As I drove home from work, I knew none of that was going to happen. I needed a day of rest. The 10 miler really took it out of me and my legs were just plain tired.

I did manage to take Oscar for his regular evening walk in the park. Mainly because he starts jumping for joy as soon as I get changed into comfy clothes. If I take too long getting ready, he starts doing this sad cry. He really knows how to "work" me.

Dinner was simple, but extremely tasty. I had picked up some Black Refried Beans at trader joes after seeing them on Itzy's Kitchen and wanted to make Grilled Quesadillas, inspired by some of Erica's creations.
I used whole wheat tortillas, courtesy of Trader Joes also.
Toppings included Black Refried Beans w/ jalapeno peppers, green chiles, sauteed red peppers and red onions, and grilled chicken.
Missing something? uh...yeah. CHEESE and lots of it. Mild 2% Cheddar to be exact.
Grilled in a little smart balance and then served with 0% Fage (to act as sour cream) for dipping.

Tuesday

I whipped up a Breakfast Smoothie using my Vita-Mix 5200.
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 c blueberries
  • 1 clementine
  • 2 spoonfuls of 0% greek yogurt
  • splash of skim milk
  • 1 cup ice
The greek yogurt really added to the creaminess factor.

Pets on Wheels

"Pets on Wheels is a not for profit volunteer organization which provides friendly visits from volunteers and their pets to those requiring the support of an institutional setting. "

A friend of mine recently told me about the Pets on Wheels organization and I immediately said, "Where do I sign up?". I have been wanting to do something like this with Oscar for a long time.

I was just contacted this morning to schedule a screening for Oscar to ensure that he isn't an attack dog and obeys simple commands. I am so excited for the screening because Oscar and I will get to show off all the things he learned in his Puppy Kindergarten and Basic Obedience Class!

The screening will happen a month from today, so we have lots of time to practice. Oscar is pumped.
I love when his lips get stuck on his teeth.:)

24 comments:

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Omg Oscar is ADORABLE! Pets on Wheels sounds like a such a great organization.

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

your ‘dilla looks really good! I have been making them a lot lately because they are so inexpensive to make and I can whip one up in 10 minutes. Sauteed mushrooms is also a really good addition – goes well with the melted cheee and “sourcream”

oh and oscar is too cute!

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

The smoothy looks delicious! Oscar is so cute.

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Yummy 'dilla!!

Oscar is SO CUTE! My dogs teeth stick out all the time - it's adorable. Kudos to you guys for doing that, sounds like such a great organization!

tfh February 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Awww. So cool that you and Oscar are going to do that together. He is gonna LOVE it. And obviously, so are the people you two visit...

Lori February 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Ha, ha! Oscar is cute! Macy's lips do that too. I love it.

That organization sounds so great. I want to work towards getting a certified therapy dog when we get settled back in later this year.

Let us know how it goes!

Fitnessista February 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

oscar is so cute! let me know how that program works out! i've been wanting to do that with bella for quite some time
the smoothie looks incredible!
hope you have a great day!

Every Gym's Nightmare February 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

best blender EVER.

I want oscar to come home with me.

sometimes Porkchops lips get stuck flipped outside. its hilarious.

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Erica February 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

hahahhahah OSCAR IS SO CUTE! I bet he will be an awesome volunteer :)

Yayy for the black beans. They are so good. I cannot wait to have them again. Glad you gave them a go!

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

how would we LIVE without TJ's!?! That is such a cool thing, that face is just too cute not to share with the world!

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

How cool!

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

I just got goosebumps! That's so incredible that you (and Oscar) and going to reach people like that!

That case-ah-dillah looks incredible!

Unknown February 3, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

love love LOVE oscar :) and horray for the pets on wheels!

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

Those quesadillas look amazing! i'm having mexican tomorrow!

I would make some tonight buy my sweet potato fries are in the oven right now and they smell amazing!

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

hey I just found your blog and i'm loving it - hooray for cheese! Oscar is adorable.

ChickPea February 4, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

You're making me so jealous that you have a TJ's nearby!

LizNoVeggieGirl February 4, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

Aww, Oscar :-)

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

I'm seriously already considering planning ahead to ask for a Vitamix for my birthday! It just looks too cool. How do you like it? Do you get a lot of use out of it? Btw the quesadillas look fab! I'm feeling like that a/b my workout tonight...I just have so much packing to do-I really need to get a good work out in! WILL POWER:P

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

haha i am so in love with oscar! i bet he will do such a great job with that organization! your quesadilla looks lovelyyyy!

lauren February 4, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

maggie/thanks so much for stopping by!!

Kate/the vita-mix is incredible. It blends thing better than any I have tried before. Plus, it can heats up soups and drinks! I need to try that.

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

That sounds like such a great organization. Although, neither of my dogs "obey" that well. Good luck practicing!

Jen (Running with Food) February 4, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Puppy love!!! What a great organization! You are so good!

Mmm ... I lovin' all your Trader Joe's goodies!!

I Run for Fun February 4, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Pets on Wheels sounds incredible. Let us know how that goes.

The quesadilla looks awesome. I can just taste it. It's on the menu for next week (have to go grocery shopping first!)

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

The quesadilla and smoothie both look so good!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP