2.17.2009

Changes

Hi all. As you should be able to see, unless you are viewing through Google Reader, I am working to change the layout of the blog. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now, but was scared about screwing everything up. I finally just went for it, and hope that my IT degree will prove useful.

I already removed a few items, by mistake, so those will be back along with a few new things! Please stick around through the transition period...as there will be a "cool" contest in the coming weeks after all the dust has settled.

Bee Pollen has been making a daily appearance in my morning oatmeal. It has a subtle sweetness, along with a little extra crunch.

My new favorite combo: oatmeal, skim milk, blueberries, cinnamon, agave nectar, bee pollen, almond butter.
My new favorite combo + white chocolate chips = even better. Dinner last night was outstanding. Spicy Mahi-Mahi. Grill marks make me happy for some odd reason. Kevin basically threw a bunch of stuff together to make a marinade and I wasn't keeping track. I do know there was soy sauce, EVOO, apple cider vinegar, and jerk seasoning in the mix.

Mashed Parsnips.
Added a little skim milk, smart balance, salt & pepper while mashing. FYI - these smell disgusting when they are steaming, but end up having a sweet flavor.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Flavored with a little EVOO, salt, and pepper before baking for 15 mins at 400 degrees.

Work-out wise, it was a "model" Monday. I woke up early and did Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred Workout before work! Then, after work, I headed into my favorite spin class after a 2-week hiatus. It was a tough, sweaty workout - just the way I like them.

In case you were wondering, Oscar is mostly back to his normal self! The limp is pretty much gone and we have gone back to our regular, daily walks. (Minus the ball for now). We are thinking it was a sprain.

He has been enjoying his "Weight Management" food immensely. Since it is new, he thinks it is a special treat.

His quick recovery is mainly attributable to Lucy's nurturing ways.

These two have been attached at the hip. :)

23 comments:

Rose February 17, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

I have never seen parsnips cooked that way. In fact, I don't know if I've ever actually eaten or made a parsnip. Inspiration!

Erica February 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Hey girl! New layout is looking good! And I can't wait for the contest! Glad Oscar is feeling better! Did you put him on the Iams weight management? Frank ate that for a while ;)

Aron February 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

blog is looking good!!!

glad oscar is feeling better! those 2 are too cute :) great job on your monday workouts!!!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

The changes are lookin GOOD.

I've been hearing about bee pollen recently and am highly intrigued. I may have to brave a try of it soon.

I also share the grill mark love. Every just seems to taste better with grill marks. I want a grill pan, just for the exciting grill marking abilities.

Every Gym's Nightmare February 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

i like grill marks too- its satisfying.

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Unknown February 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

aww, oscar :) glad he's doing better! i've been meaning to eat more parsnips... that looks tasty.

i've also wanted to try new things with the blog, but i'm not so it saavy!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

I like the new layout a lot! Very chic ;)

Glad Oscar is feeling better!!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

I like the new layout...as well as the mashed parsnips and roasted brussell sprouts! Probably my two favorite vegetables...okay wait, no butternut squash...and broccoli...ans sweet potatoes. Aw, shoot.

Good to hear that Osc-ee is on the mend!

RunningLaur February 17, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

I like the blog improvements!

All of your delicious healthy food makes me inspired to eat something better :)

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

I like, easy to read :D! Grill marks totally complete me, i run outside in the cold to use my grill! Cute animal pics as usual!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

I like the new layout! I also like the eats too!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

The blog looks GORGEOUS. Very tranquil actually!
Nice oats! Blueberries are so good! I had fresh ones this morning for the first time in forever and I died!
Oh Oscar!
I told you my bro has a cat named Oscar and a dog named Lucy, right? So funny!

elise February 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

love the new look to the blog, and i too adore grill marks - feels more authentic i think!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

I like the new look! The picture is so cute. They look like best friends.

Lori February 17, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

So glad that Oscar is feeling better. That fish sounds so great. Love the look of the blog!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

The blog's looking good! Like the makeover!

I Run for Fun February 17, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

Aww...Oscar makes my heart melt! Glad he is enjoying his healthy food.

ChickPea February 17, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Love the veggies in this post! I will def try the parsnips and sprouts soon!

HangryPants February 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

I like the new layout.

Sweet + crunchy! Sounds like bee pollen is a winner. I am glad Oscar is feeling better.

LizNoVeggieGirl February 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

loooove the new blog layout, the eats, and of COURSE dear Lucy & Oscar :-)

Fitnessista February 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

i lough tough and sweaty spin classes too :D
i've never had mashed parsnips but totally need to try that. the spicy mahi mahi (so nice they named it twice) looks INCREDIBLE.
hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous February 18, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

ooh im loving your new layout! looks great :) excited for the contest! so glad oscar is feeling better! and that him and lucy are bffs, makes me smile

tfh February 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Such a cute photo of Oscar and Lucy! Let us know if you see any tangible benefits that might be linked to the bee pollen. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP