2.07.2009

I Wish Oscar Could Talk (2.07.2009)

Just wanted to check in really quickly and say that the dishwasher showed up around 6:45pm. Happy to have one again.

Unfortunately, I just got out of the Pet ER with Oscar, my dog. I came home from my friend's baby shower in DC to find Oscar not able to put any pressure on his front left paw. Kevin had taken him on a normal walk this morning (without any ball throwing) and nothing happened out of the ordinary. I checked it thoroughly for glass or something stuck in his paw before deciding to take him in.

X-rays showed nothing, so he has some pain meds and is resting. They are thinking it could be a sprain, but if it doesn't improve, we will go in for the lymes test to be sure. He is on flea & tick, heart worm prevention, and up-to-date on all vaccines, so there is only a small chance it could be from some sort of disease.

He has a horrible limp and is a poor, poor thing. We will be having a slumber party downstairs tonight because he cant make it up the stairs and I cant bear to leave his side.

I will be back to regular posts as soon as Oscar is back to normal. It is amazing how dogs become so important in your life. They are a part of your family and life stops when they are hurt or sick.

I wish he could talk and tell me exactly what happened and how it feels. I would do anything to have him feeling normal self again.

21 comments:

Erica- Itzy's Kitchen February 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Oh my gosh! I hate when the pups get sick and can't tell you whats wrong. I will keep Oscar in my thoughts! I hope he gets better!

Anonymous February 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Hope he heals up quick!

LizNoVeggieGirl February 7, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

I'm praying for Oscar's quick, full recovery!!

Amelia February 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

I hope Oscar gets better soon!!!

Unknown February 7, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

oh no!! i'll be thinking of oscar, and hoping for a speedy recovery...

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 2:43 AM  

Oh, poor Osckee! Its so hard to see someone you love hurting! Hope you guys are both better soon!

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

OH NO!! Keep us updated :( My pups and I are wishing Oscar are a speedy recovery!

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

omgosh! I hope oscar is doing better - I can't imagine how you feel right now, the thought of something happening to my dog almost makes me want to cry!

I Run for Fun February 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Oh, no! Poor poor Oscar. I am sending healing vibes. I hope he is back to normal real soon!

Lori February 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Poor Oscar! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope he heals soon. I know what you mean. My Macy means the world to me!

Elizabeth February 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Aww. I'm so sorry your doggy is hurt. :(

Aron February 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

i hope he gets better soon!!! i know what you mean about dogs being so important in your life... its so hard when they are hurt or sick :(

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Oh no! I am keeping both you and Oscar in my thoughts and hoping for a speedy recovery!

Glad you got your dishwasher.

MacDuff February 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Poor Oscar! Dixie has serious paw issues if her paws get too cold - the pads crack and I have to put Neosporin way up in there. I know how sad it can be to watch a little buddy be miserable...hope he feels better soon.

Every Gym's Nightmare February 9, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

im so sorry! One time porkchop jumped up in the air and hit his ribs on the corner of the dining room table and started screaming- I cried for about 2 hours. He got better later that night but I just held him while he wimpered. Its hard cause you cant tell them whats going on. Poor puppyfaces :(

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

i am praying oscar gets better quickly!!!

tfh February 9, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Poor Oscar! Good thing he has such a good human mommy. Hope he's feeling better and it's nothing serious.

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

That is so sad. Baxter was doing the same thing and apparently it was growing pains. It lasted about two weeks and now he is okay. How old is Oscar? HOpe he is okay.

lauren February 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

thanks so much for all your well wishes!

nicole/ Oscar is 3 and a half. I have a vet appt tomorrow night, so I hope to learn more then!

Fitnessista February 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

POOR BABY!
it kills me when our pups get sick..
hope oscar gets well soon!

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

Oh my god, I'm so sorry! That's very scary. I'm sending love to Oscar and you both!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP