10.01.2009

Mobbies

I was all ready to tell you about the new POMx Tea that POM was nice enough to send out for me to try, BUT, I have no pictures.  I know that I took pictures of the tea when it arrived and I cant seem to locate them anywhere.

So, I took a screen capture from their website of my favorite that I tried - Pomegranate Wildberry White Tea - Light.  This may be the first time that I have ever liked the "Light" version of something MORE than the "Not Light" version.  Kudos to POM on that one.

The whole "x" factor is described as the "Antioxidant Super Secret" and they have applied for a patent.  Hmm - what could be so revolutionary?  It makes me curious and nervous at the same time.

They even have POMx pills and liquid now too.  The liquid is described as "not for the faint of heart"

I think I am gonna stick with the Light tea - I loved the stuff.

Running

This has been a pretty bad training week for me.  I have only run once.  Ran the 15 mile training run last Saturday, took Sunday off, and then the work week hit with a thud.  Tuesday night I went for a great 4 mile run, but Wednesday I headed to DC for a concert.

Sunny Day Real Estate is one of my boyfriend's favorite bands, so I have grown to like a few of their songs by listening to his stuff.  But, I definitely became a bigger fan after seeing them live.
 
They were awesome.

Oh wait - this is the running section and I am talking about a concert.  Yeah - I told you this was a bad training week.  Everyone has them, right?

Since we have an 18 mile run planned for this Saturday, I am thinking I just did a taper week to get ready.  Right?!  ;)  Hopefully I am not setting myself up for failure this weekend.

Mobbies

You are probably wondering what language I am speaking here, but, I am honored to say that I was nominated for a "Mobbie" in the Foodie category!!


The Baltimore Sun is hosting this COOL contest, which I am loving, because it is helping me discover lots of new blogs in Maryland!

Voting began September 28th and is continuing through October 9th @ 5pm.  You are allowed to vote once a day in every category!

You should see a Mobbie widget in the upper left area of my blog - so if you like what you read here - click there or here ---> Vote for Me!

Oscar wanted me to tell you that the website does prompt you to create a username and password after voting, but, it is a painless 2.5 second process, and then you can vote once daily!

Have a great night!

7 comments:

RunningLaur October 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Oh, good luck on the contest!

Erica October 2, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Fun concert trip! Good luck on the mobbies- I hope you win!

Lindsay October 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Good luck on the Mobbies! I will vote for you for sure!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore October 2, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Hi Lauren!
Have you tried the POM Lychee Green Tea? Oh i love it soooooooo much!

Alison Can Read October 2, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Good luck with Mobbie!
NPR has a concert with that group up on their site. I'll have to listen to it and see what I think.

The Purple Carrot October 2, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

That was one of my favorite POMx teas too ; )

And I agree with everyone else, GOOD LUCK with the mobbies!

ECShorty78 October 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

LOL! Love that you made the comment from Oscar :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP