10.07.2009

Pecan Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Last night, I made dinner!  and I photographed it!  and now I am about to blog about it!  It feels like it has been awhile.

I am in the mode where I want to use up everything in the house before I go grocery shopping again.  I spent too much money on groceries because I tend to always crave something I dont have on hand.  In the bowl above, I combined:
  • Goat Cheese
  • Chopped Pecans
  • Chopped Parsley
  • Thyme
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
Then, I spread the goat cheese mixture on Thinly Sliced Boneless Chicken Breasts and rolled them up.  I kept them from falling apart by using Skewers that I cut in half.

Rub the chicken with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and spinkle with Salt and Pepper before popping into the oven at 350 degrees.  How long?  Until they look done, so maybe about 15-20 mins.

Meanwhile, I needed an appetizer.  I used the Nature's Pride 100% Whole Wheat Bread that Foodbuzz was kind enough to send me to sample.


Then, I grabbed the Garlic Spread that Kevin had picked up from DiPasquales last week.

Toast up the bread, spread with garlic spread, top with tomato sauce and grated romano.  Throw back in the toaster oven and Voila...

You have yourself a pretty tasty appetizer.  And the bread?  It ranks up there for wheat bread.  I loved the way it toasted - crispy on the edges and soft in the middle.  Kevin was busy chopping veggies for our side dishes with Oscar close by.

Oscar knows who the softy is...AND who makes more of a mess drops more food on the floor! ;)

Looks like the chicken is done.

It turned out great.  The only thing that would have made it even better is if it was wrapped in Turkey Bacon.  Kevin made two side dishes in an effort to use up C.S.A. veggies.  Steamed brussels sprouts in an apple cider vinegar/garlic sauce and...

Sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and onions topped with asiago cheese.

Yummm.

This saturday is the Baltimore Half Marathon and I am excited about running.  My Half Marathon PR is 2:04 and while I havent been training for "speed" (my speed may be someone else's easy/slow pace), I would love to beat my time.  But, I will be happy with anything under 2:10.

Dont forget to vote for me in the Baltimore Mobbies contest - it ends tomorrow!

6 comments:

Matt October 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Good looking dinner :)

Good luck this weekend! Run fast!

Charm City Kim October 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

ooh - garlic spread looks/sounds delicious!

Good luck on your 1/2 marathon! I wish I could say I was running it but alas, I'll be manning a marathon water stop instead.

Janetha @ meals + moves October 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

BOOKMARKED! drool worthy.

Alison Can Read October 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Oh wow...that looks fabulous!
Good luck on the run!

Erica October 9, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

Great job on dinner! I love that its easy to put together but comes out looking super fancy :) Good luck at the half this weekend. Kick some butt and let us know how it goes!!

Anonymous October 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

dinner looks amazing!

I also get in those modes where I feel like i have to use up everything before I go to the store and get more groceries

best of luck with the baltimore half marathon this weekend! hope you take lots of pictures! =)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP