9.27.2009

Old Ellicott City

It is becoming a weekly routine to grab ravioli and bread from DiPasquales on friday night before our long run.  We decided to try out the spinach/cheese ravioli and serve it with breaded chicken.

It was delicious...as usual.  You really cant beat this place.  Saturday morning, Kevin and I headed out for a 15 mile long run in and around Patapsco State Park.

As you can see from the elevation, we had a pretty big UPhill from miles 10-12.  It was tough, but believe it or now - it hurt more coming down.  Both of our legs were killing us after we came the 2 miles back down the hill.


After the run, I was craving my favorite veggie sandwich from Catonsville Gourmet.  We started with Proscuitto wrapped scallops finished with a parmesan crust.

Yes.  They were as good as they sound and look.  I obviously went with the Veggie Sandwich, which includes the best grilled veggie patty, tomatoes, cukes, sprouts, and wasabi mayo on wheat toast.  Served with homemade kettle chips.
 
I pretty much devoured the entire plate.  This sandwich rocks.



The rest of my Saturday included playing co-ed football on very sore legs.  I scored 2 touchdowns!  Then, we headed out to celebrate my friend Mara's 30th bday.  We had a blast, but it was a packed day, so I was tired early.



Today, we stopped into Old Ellicott City for lunch and I was reminded what a cute town it is.  Will definitely be coming back to try this Little French Market. 

Oscar and I waited at a picnic table outside while Kevin picked up our La Palapas carry-out.

We had some great views and Wikipedia provided some interesting facts about the Old Ellicott City:
  • Ellicott City has been called one of the most haunted small towns on the east coast.
  • In July 2008, Ellicott City/Columbia was ranked the 8th Best Place to Live in the United States by CNN/Money and Money magazine.
  • Babe Ruth, baseball player, was married in Ellicott City to Helen Woodford on October 17, 1914

Unfortunately, the views got old since we were waiting for our food OVER 40 mins...while STARVING.

The food was good, but I cant imagine any mexican food taking that long to make.



The rest of my Sunday has been spent cleaning, watching football, and relaxing. 



Had to share this funny pet photo.  Oscar and my parent's dog, Max, are great play buddies.  Tug-of-war is one of their favorite games and this picture cracks me up because of Max looking at me out of the corner of his eye.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening!

12 comments:

Matt September 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

I always eat pasta before my long run too :)

Erica September 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend! I love that you two run together. The pasta and the veggie sammy both look fantastic. Cute pics of Oscar and friend too. Hope the week is just as good

RunningLaur September 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

That pasta must do the trick - 15 miles with a hill like that is no joke.

All of your food sounds just way too delicious as well.

Naomi(Onefitfoodie) September 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

yummm looks delicious!! I am sure that pasta fueled you for your workout! You are quite the inspiration! love your blog :)

Grace September 28, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

Great weekend! I enjoyed every minute of it!

Anonymous September 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Nice weekend. The pasta looks great.

janetha September 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

awe i love that last photo :) cuties

I Run for Fun September 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I love the look of those scallops. Oscar's pics are my fave...he always brings a smilt to my face!

Anonymous September 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

you can never loose with spinach and cheese ravioli :) delicious!!

The Purple Carrot September 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Haha, I love watching my dogs playing with their doggie's friends ;) So cute!

christina- MINDFUL LIVING September 29, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

that is so cool that you are running philly too! is this your first or are you an old pro at this? this is my first! what plan are you following? EVERYONE always says to check out woodberry kitchen! looks pretty awesome! thanks for the suggestions ;) my urbanspoon wish list is growing by the day! haha....and pussers? Ill check out the menu- thanks!

MacDuff September 29, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

I spent many a birthday at LaPalapa's. I always got the California burrito...and about seven margaritas along with it. Good stuff. But it's certainly not worth that long of a wait!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP