10.27.2009

Salad ON Pizza

Thanks for your comments about my marathon training earlier - I think I am going to see how this weekend's long run goes and then decide if I want to add in another long training run before the taper.

Today was a dreary/rainy day, so after work, I headed to the gym for a treadmill run.  I am not a huge fan of the treadmill, but I did get to watch Access Hollywood during my run.  It made the 4 miles go by faster.  

I was not in the mood to cook a thing, so I dug into the freezer to find a pizza that tasted a lot like delivery.  But wait, its not delivery, its digiorno.  I am so original.

In an effort to make frozen pizza taste a little more special and get in some green, I topped it with grated parm and baby arugula.  I love the spiciness of arugula on top of pizza - it just works really well.  

"Salad" on top of pizza = simple and delicious dinner.  Served with my anonymous pumpkin.  I need to get carving. 

What are your plans for Halloween?  Any good costume ideas out there?

10 comments:

Erica October 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Its still raining here and I think I'm going to do my long run outside despite the rain ;) Although...I probably should just go to the gym, haha. Love this creation.

Matt October 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

I am going to a Halloween party on Saturday night. Still not sure what my costume is yet!

Kara October 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Look at you, Halloweening it up :)

And btw, I really do like Baltimore. It's much different than any other place where I've lived and not what I expected, but it's exciting!

Anonymous October 28, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

My co-workers eat salad on pizza all the time!

I will be watching the World Series on Halloween night (GO PHILS) but Friday night I hope to get to a party- I am going as a beat up Yankees fan.

Katy October 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

One of my favorite pizzas at California Pizza Kitchen (back in the pre-healthy living days) was the BLT...they took ice cold lettuce, mayo and tomatoes and piled it on the dough, with some bacon layered on top.

I've always thought about how my salads would be even better on warm bread, but never pulled it off. Thanks for the inspiration!

Erin October 28, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Well, my sister is getting married on Halloween, so I'll be dressed up as a bridesmaid!

;)

Lindsay October 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

I love salad on pizza!

I don't think we have any Halloween plans yet. We will probably end up giving away candy to the kids in our apartment complex. I doubt we will dress up!

I Run for Fun October 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Salad on pizza...that's a great idea. We're going to a costume party...but I still have no costume!

Happy Halloween!

Acai October 31, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous November 8, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Great blog! I just started my own recently about my 'return' to running, yoga, food, life...I'm 'unbalanced' and trying to find my former athlete...if she still exists.

Love salad on a pizza. Good to know I'm not the only one who eats frozen pizza! Alot of these bloggers are 'start-from-scratch-vegan-organic' this and that - which I adore and agree with...but c'mon it's pizza ;) I always add extra veggies if it looks 'scarce', but will order a "Veggie Supreme" with less cheese and more sauce (usualllly haha).

Hope you are feeling better soon! I seen you are doing the Philly marathon? Not far now I guess. Enjoy! Check out my blog if you wish and I'll add you to my Rollllll.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP