4.08.2009

I Can't Believe I Am About to Say This...

...but before I do, let's look at some food. The suspense!



Dinner last night was Chicken Fajitas. The star of this show was the chicken that had been marinating all day in Goya Zesty Mojo Criollo marinade. It was extremely tender with a ton of flavor.

Served on grilled, white corn tortillas w/ homemade guacamole, grilled red peppers & onions, and cheddar cheese
Kevin made his plate look prettier than mine...for the blog. :)
He is great and brought me these pretty things with a card.
The reason?...I got a new job and start in 2 weeks. With the economy the way it is I feel very fortunate to have a great opportunity in a new place. Once I start, my blogging may be less frequent, but I love this hobby of mine and plan to keep up with it as much as possible.

Dessert was 2 of these little Mochi ice cream thingees - Mango flavor - that I picked up at Trader Joes.

I think that the trick is to let them thaw for about 10 mins, so they are all ooey and gooey when you bite into them.

2 pieces = 210 calories, 6 g fat, 3g protein.


Tuesday Workout


Last night, while Kevin was slaving over the oven preparing dinner, I took an hour spin class at the gym. The instructor was really annoying and would sing along to every song and then be like "Whohoo!" - she probably said it 50 times. I think I have been to this Tuesday class and even wrote about how annoying it was on here. Oh well - got a good workout in at least.


Hamstring


Sooo, I haven't been writing as much about running and workouts out because I didn't want to face the fact that my hamstring has been bothering me since the mountain bike race a few weeks back. When Kevin and I ran our 60 min trail run on Sunday - I felt it - twinges anytime I would take longer strides or jump up over logs. I ended up having to go much slower than normal to ensure I didn't feel it as much.


Last night in spin - it actually hurt a few times and was throbbing afterwards as I sat on the couch watching The Biggest Loser. I was thinking how glad I am that I didn't sign up for many longer distance running races this year.


Plans Change


That is why I can't believe I am about to say this, but, I am considering signing up to run the Baltimore Marathon this fall. Why? Well, my boyfriend ran his first marathon last year - Recap Here - and wasn't happy with his time. He wants to improve and said that he wants to try Baltimore again this year - and wants me to do it with him. He is ready to sign up today, but I said I need some time to consider it. Am I ready to commit to this training again? Is my hamstring ready to commit? It would be my 6th...oh geez...I kind of want to do it. What is wrong with me?


So yeah - lots of thinking to do and I want to look at the calendar to see how a training schedule would look - consult my marathon trainer - a.k.a: dad. Will keep you posted!

33 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl April 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW JOB!!! And good luck with the marathon - sign up!! :-)

Meghann April 8, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Congrats on the new job!!

And good luck with the marathon decision! That is a toughie, but luckily its still a ways off, so who knows what your hamstring will feel before then.

K from ksgoodeats April 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Congrats on the job!! That's fabulous! Listen to your hamstring - if you think you can do it, DO IT :D

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

I am doing the Baltimore half!!! It's about a 2-hour drive from where I live, so my Mom and Dad are going to come with and we are making a mini-weekend get-away out of it! I would say get the hamstring checked out and maybe a lil PT but its a good ways away, I am sure you will be fine. :)

Congrats on the job- and your Kevin sounds like a catch :)

Kara April 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Wow new job is a rare thing to hear about in this economy! Congrats!

I'll be eager to hear about the marathon, too!!

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

nice work on the job that is so great! Good luck with the marathon stuff too, that would be awesome :D Your mexi meals sounds gooood!

Fitnessista April 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

congrats on the job! pink roses are my favorite!
crazy about the marathon but i know you can do it! hopefully the hammie will behave. i'm tempted to run one but wayyy afraid.
have a great day!

CT April 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Congrats on the new job! How exciting!

I hope the hamstring starts feeling better soon :)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

so happy for you to get a new job! It's so exciting, isn't it?
And more exciting is your marathon!!!
lastly, that mochi looks scrumptious!! :D

Sarah (lovINmytummy) April 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

New job, ice cream and marathon?! Congratulations on all three!

I'm excited to see your training if you do decide to do it. I've been mulling it over myself, though my body currently disagrees.

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Congratulations on the new job. Very exciting, but you better still post!

Aron April 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

congrats on the new job!!! very exciting :)

funnnn about the marathon :) good luck deciding!

Sarah April 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Congratulations on the new job!! That's awesome!

Rose April 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Woooo - congrats on the new job! So excited for you!

I say do the marathon, and primarily for selfish reasons. That being that I'm considering running the Baltimore 1/2 :)

But seriously, give yourself time to think about it. Do you have the time to commit? I have faith in you!

Kate April 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

WOW-Congratulations girl!!! If anyone can do it, the athlEAT can:) I'm only working on my half-marathon and it's challenging HAHA. I think it's so awesome you have a bf that does that! If only I could get mine to like...even jogging...lol

Erin April 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Lauren, congrats on the new job!! Email me details if you get a chance.

Those ice cream balls look fun. Heh...balls...

GL with the marathon decision!

Erica April 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

CONGRATS GIRL!!! That is SUPER exciting! So sweet that you got flowers too awwww! I think you will do awesome with the marathon! Can't wait to hear more as it comes closer!

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

CONGRATS on the new job! is it still in baltimore? hopefully im going to do the baltimore half marathon! good luck with deciding on the full, i hope your hammie is all better by then so you can do it!

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

major congrats to you on your new job! thats so exciting! its great that you recognize how fortunate you are - you surely deserve it =)

another congrats to you for signing up for the marathon - i'm excited to read about your training plan

tfh April 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

That is so cool about the new job!

Now I want to try the mochi-- I'd managed to resist...I'm crossing my fingers there is a green tea flavor.

So, you would do the Baltimore marathon again? I am trying to decide on a fall marathon...I love that your boyfriend wants to run it with you. :)

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Congrats on the new job! I may sign up for my first half soon but am nervous!

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Congratz on the new job!!!!

I hope you decide to do what is the best thing for you with regards to the marathon. I hear the Baltimore is very hilly....

Julie April 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

ahh congrats on your new job!! you'll do great on the marathon!

lauren April 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

onelittletrigirl/you are going to make kevin's head get big! ;)

fitnesssista & sarah/Seriously - if I can do it - I know you guys would rock a marathon.

rose/nice! I will see you there either way because I would definitely do the half if I dont sign up for the full. I think I have a little time...to try and get my hamstring healed up and decide.

Kate/ha! Make a little bet with your BF on who will finishe first in a 5k race. Maybe that would get him?

dailygoods/yes - the job is still in Bmore - actually right around the corner from where I am now!

tfh/yes - I would do bmore again - it would be my third time and that is where I got my PR! I am partial since I live here and like the under armour shirts. :)

runsarah/if I do it - you have to sign up for the half!

Thanks to everyone for the job congrats and well wishes on marathon decision making. I trully appreciate it.

I Run for Fun April 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Congratulations on the new job!!! Hope your hammie feels better. Good luck on the marathon decision. It is a while away, so you can always decide as you get closer to the race.

Frank Greenlee April 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Congrats on the new job.

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Congrats that is so awesome. Good luck with your training.

Matt April 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Go for the marathon!

Alison Can Read April 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

I love those tacos/fajitas! Congrats on the new job.

Too bad you had an obnoxious spin instructor. I don't know which is worth - annoyingly perky or drill instructor tough. I'd want to throw something at Ms. Perky and cower or yell at Ms. Marines. Good for you for sticking it out.

Bec April 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

congrats on the job! running a marathon would be a great and exciting challenge!

elise April 9, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

congrats on the j-o-bizzle. you are SO going to do the marathon, cmon, do it!! you know you wanna...

SeeGirlRun April 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Congrats on the job and the fajitas look awesome. Also congrats on winning that giveaway. And your food looks so much more appetizing than JulieGoLean's...sorry Julie! I think I'll try that Creamy Tomato Sauce tonight....

HangryPants April 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Congrats on the new job!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP