4.12.2009

Easter Greetings

It is becoming my "thing" to disappear for the weekends and then come back with a recap. It's Easter Sunday, so to all that celebrate - Happy Easter!


A big THANK YOU to Molly at POM Wonderful for sending me a copy of this book - Rubies in the Orchard. I am excited to read about the POM History.


Workouts



I have been keeping up with my workouts pretty well:

  • Thursday - 3.1 mile run. (intended to do 6, but my hamstring had something to say about that, so I decided to listen)
  • Friday - 30 min arc trainer, 2000 meters on the rowing machine
  • Saturday - walk around DC (this counts as a workout!)
  • Sunday - run very easy 2 miles - I felt the hamstring, but it wasn't unbearable. Modified Jillian Michaels workout to only work core and upper body.


Food


I will be creating two separate restaurant reviews for Annabel Lee Tavern in Baltimore, MD and this Thai place that I cant remember the name of in Arlington, VA. Here are some of my other food highlights from the past few days.


Thursday was pizza and salad night.After I took this photo, I added a spoonful of hummus in the mix because I wasn't in the mood for any of the salad dressings we had on hand.Pizza from Trader Joes was delicious, but definitely smaller than I expected. That was probably a good thing though.I had 3 small slices and thought it tasted a lot like "delivery". ;)


Skipping ahead to Saturday's highlights...Kevin grilled up some tilapia he had been marinating and we put together these quick fish tacos for lunch with what we had on hand.
Grilled corn tortillas, grilled tilapia, lettuce, lime juice, plain greek yogurt, and hot sauce (added later).


I had plans to go check out the cherry blossoms with friends in DC on Saturday, but it had poured all morning and early afternoon, so we weren't sure it would happen. But, it looked like it was clearing up when we entered the metro and when we came out - the sun was breaking through.
We had some gorgeous views.
Easter Sunday/pre-workout oats were pretty basic: oats, skim milk, honey, unsweetened coconut, sliced banana, and cashew butter.
Wait a second - the cashew butter is something new for me. I picked this up and enjoyed it, but it can't compete with my all-time favorite: almond butter. This is unsalted and I definitely miss the salt.
Easter wouldn't be complete without a little candy. A Reese's Peanut Butter Egg to be exact. I savored every bite of this beauty.
Puurrty Easter tulips.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends...and I look forward to catching up on the hundreds of posts I have sitting in my Google Reader. That's what Monday mornings at work are for, right?! ha - j/k...maybe....not.

21 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl April 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

HAPPY EASTER, LAUREN!!

None of your photos are showing up for me - they're just red blocks :-(

Unknown April 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

gorgeous tulips! happy easter :)

Alison Can Read April 12, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Happy easter! Let us know about the book. It looks fascinating.

Mrs. LC April 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Happy Easter!! I love tulips and yours are such a gorgeous shade!

The Purple Carrot April 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Aww, I love tulips! : )

Happy Easter to you!

K from ksgoodeats April 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Cashew butter is good but almond butter is the best - I like your tastes ;)

Have a great Easter!

Erica April 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Great job on keeping up with the workouts! Your fish tacos look amazing! I have actually never had fish tacos, but am thinking about giving them a whirl! Hope you had a great Easter!

Anonymous April 12, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Happy Easter. Can't wait for the book review.

Anonymous April 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Happy Easter to you! I gave up chocolate for Lent and was so happy to finally dig into a nice Reese's Peanut Butter Egg! It was so good.

Amelia April 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Happy Easter! The fish tacos look yummy!

Haha love your comment about catching up on blogs at work. That's TOTALLY what Monday mornings are for!

I Run for Fun April 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Happy Easter! Great workouts!

Kevin's tilapia looks yum...wish I could try it.

I'm going to try and pick up cashew butter. Love almond butter too.

ChickPea April 13, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

I just finished reading Rubies in the Orchard. Overall, it was a good read that kept me entertained during my cooldown on the stationary bike. Have a great week!

Run Sarah April 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM  

Happy Easter! DC looks gorgeous, wow :)

Anonymous April 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

ROFL - NO... that's not what Monday mornings are for at all! *snicker*

I love tulips, so pretty!

Grace April 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

I hope your hamstring starts to feel better. We'll have to remedy it.

Fitnessista April 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

hahah that's exactly how i'm spending my monday at work too :D
the tulips are beautiful!
have a wonderful day <3

Erin April 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

You DO disappear on the weekends, LOL!

Aw, D.C cherry blossoms. Loves it.

Those TJs pizzas are smallish.

Pretty pretty tulips!

Lori April 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

I haven't tried cashew butter yet, but I'm always tempted when I see it next to the almond. What a beautiful weekend! I love the tulips! And I hadn't heard about that book. It sounds interesting.

Anonymous April 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

thats an incredible picture with the washington monument in the background! Happy Easter!

Elizabeth April 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

The trader giotto pizza looks good! :) Happy Belated Easter. :)

RunToTheFinish April 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

man I am so sad I don't have a TJ's you all find the greatest products there!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP