4.21.2009

5 Updates/Annoucements

Well hello there!


I wanted to pop in and give a few updates/announcements:


1. I received some Buitoni ravioli from Foodbuzz that I am very excited to try them. They are waiting in my freezer until I have time to sample and blog about them!


2. I also received samples of Better Whey Yogurt from Kasey which I also plan on sampling and blogging about very soon.


3. Go over to Erin's Blog - I Walk in This World and participate in her Auction and Bake Sale which supports the fight against Cancer. I donated #16, so for all of you who don't have a Trader Joes nearby - and want to try some things - I promise, you will like it AND it is customizable for any allergies.


These vacuum fried banana chips, for instance, are one of TJ's new products - 1/2 the fat and really delicious


4. The Greenhorn Adventure Race is THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!! Kevin and I are excited, but I am nervous about the Canoe portion since we never did a practice run in a canoe...together. BUT, since this is our first, we are doing it for fun and the experience. SO, that is what I need to remind myself if we happen to end up swimming in the lake. :)


5. Thank you SO much for all your Good Luck wishes on my new job. The position is a big step UP for me, which is both exciting and overwhelming at the same time. The training is going well so far, but I can tell the job will be challenging. I plan to continue blogging regularly, but it may be less frequent - at least in the beginning while I get adjusted to my new responsibilities.


I really miss reading all of your blogs, but my brain is currently filled to the brim with new information, so I am going to head to the couch and decompress.


Here is a random OSCAR picture from this past fall for you dog lovers out there. Tired Dog = Happy Dog.
Have a wonderful week!

23 comments:

Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

I love Oscar, he's too cute! Glad to hear your training is going well.

Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Love the tongue!

Glad to hear your job is going well and a challenge is always good!

Good luck with the race, like you said though, you are just doing it for fun. So have fun! My hubby and I went canoeing once (12 miles I think), the river was too low so we ended up getting stuck on rocks quite a bit, but it really was fun.

Kara April 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

That ravioli is soooo good! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Erica April 21, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Hey girl! Glad the training for the new job is going well. Can't wait to hear your review on that yogurt- I REALLY want to try it since I'm always looking for new sources of protein. Not sure I can give up my greek though!

ChickPea April 22, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

Thanks for the updates--can't wait for your future posts!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 22, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

Focus on your new job, I'm sure you need some time to digest all the new info and the new people, new environment.
good luck on the race! :)

Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Greenhorn looks like so much fun! Glad to hear things are going well with the new postion.

Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

hope your first week at work is goign well :) good luck with the race this weekend!!!

K from ksgoodeats April 22, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Good luck on the upcoming race!! You will be a star!

caralluma fimbriata April 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

All i want to do is just to wait with your new post.!!! i think it`s gonna be a hit.......

Erin April 22, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

You are supa for linking over to my bake sale! Thanks lady.

Aw, yeah, decompress. New jobs are overwhelming. I am so happy for you though!

Julie April 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

oh! those banana chips look SO good! i just had the pineapple from them in the same colored bag and they were sooo good! good luck on the race youre gonna do great!!

LizNoVeggieGirl April 22, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

ROCK OUT THE RACE!!

Lori April 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

A canoe portion? Oh wow, that sounds exciting! Hope it goes well!

My work has been increased a bit and now I have some traveling so I haven't been keeping up with my reading lately either. I know what you mean, I miss it!

Danielle April 23, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Thanks for checking in... and belated congrats and good luck with the new job! :)

Sarah April 23, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Vacuum fried- I'm intrigued! I've never heard of this! I've had freeze dried bananas before, is this similar?

I Run for Fun April 23, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Good luck! Hope the training goes well.

Oscar looks so happy and handsome, as always!

I posted a few Indian recipes...check them out when you feel like cooking (and have the time!).

Melissa @ For the Love of Health April 24, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

I love bananas in any form! The chips look great!

Nice puppy doggy picture!

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) April 24, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

Glad your new job is going well!

Have a good weekend!

Bec April 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

Oscar is adorable!

janetha April 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

super cute pup! i really enjoy reading your blog!

Bridget April 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Cute Doggy!!! Good luck with the new job! I want to hear more about it!! Those raviollis are AWESOME, you wont be dissappointed!!

Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

CUTE DOG. Oscar is my favorite name for a pet! HAHA. It's in my post today!!!!-i named my laptop that lol

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP