4.03.2009

Half-Day Excitement

Its Friday and that is reason enough to celebrate, but even better is that I have a half day of work and am leaving for the beach! Jealous? Don't be that jealous - it is rainy and gross outside. I am just excited to get away for a night.


I had all intentions of getting a run in last night, but after Jillian Michael's kicked my butt on Wednesday night - a long walk in the park with Oscar was all that was happening.


Actually, Kevin and I dropped Oscar off and took another walk down to a local Irish bar we have been eyeing up about a mile from our house.


Mike McGoverns Irish Pub. This place is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 5pm-2am and is the epitome of low-key. Love that and we will be going back, especially since I ran into my cousin's cousin (you follow me? ha), who told us he bartends there on Friday nights. This article in the Washington Post describes it best.


After one beer, we headed home and I cooked up a simple, satisfying dinner. Coconut Crusted Tilapia w/ mixed veggies.
For the veggies, I sliced zucchini, white mushrooms, and spinach - sauteed in a drizzle of EVOO and garlic for about 15 mins. Then, I added black pepper, red pepper, salt, pine nuts and shredded monterey jack cheese. yum.


My sweet tooth was all riled up after dinner, so I put together 3 Dessert Wontons.
Inside these wontons was part-skim ricotta, semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of agave nectar. Sweet Tooth -> satisfied.


Weekend Travels

  • I am all over the place this weekend - tonight @ the beach - Mother's Cantina - our friends' place that is serving up some fresh tex-mex and margaritas. Full review when I get back.


  • Saturday, I am headed to Northern VA to have a makeup artist practice on my face for my friend's wedding in June - will try to take before and after photos. I am not a big makeup person, so it should be fun.


  • My other friend is scheduled to be induced on Saturday in DC area also. They kept the sex of the baby a surprise, so it will be exciting.


Lots of fun stuff, but I may drop out of the blogging scene for a bit. I hope to be back Sunday late or Monday early with a recap.


What have you got going on?

25 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl April 3, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Mmm, dessert wantons!!


HAVE TONS OF FUN THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

That sounds like a blast! Getting makeup done is incredible - I hope you enjoy it!

EL April 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I am not sure how my husband knows him, I think it had something to do with being in a band.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Enjoy your time at the beach!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

wooooooooo......... so many fun this weekend! enjoy!

Beancountingqueen April 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Did you know Mike McGovern's allows dogs? We went there for a beer with Wally once, haha! Definitely fun.

Have a great weekend!

Erin April 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Those wontons look fab.

Enjoy the beach, good luck with the makeup artist, and go Chrissi!

Tomorrow I'm helping my sister pick a rehearsal dinner venue. Sunday going hiking and hawk watching with Ryan.

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Sounds like your weekend is jam packed. Hope you have a great time.

Julie April 3, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

omg have SO much fun this weekend!!!

Kara April 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Woot woot! Have fun at Mother's! I can't wait for summer!!!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) April 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

What a fun weekend!!!

I want to see makeup pictures!

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Those dessert wontons look fabulous - I need to try them out! Sounds like a super fun weekend!

K from ksgoodeats April 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

You are quite the busy bee! Have fun this weekend :)

Rose April 3, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

This weekend is actually low-key (for once). Tonight we're going out for Cuban food and tomorrow I just plan on seeing some cherry blossoms.

Ali April 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

my mouth is watering.

have a great weekend, I love the story behind the pub.

tfh April 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Have a great time this weekend! Ah, I envy you that your sweet tooth is so easily satisfied. ;)

Lori April 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Half days are so fun. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Hope it is a great one! Thanks for the bar recipe. They look amazing. I need to be more adventurous with apricot. :)

I Run for Fun April 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Love your coconut crusted tilapia.

Have a lovely weekend at the beach! Hope you can post pics of your made up face!

Matt April 3, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

Enjoy the weekend getaway!

Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

i am super jealous that you are going to the beach! have fun.

i have to take the ACT's :\

The Purple Carrot April 3, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

I would love to go to the beach yucky weather or not!! Have a great time!

Bec April 4, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

hope you are having a great weekend!

Anonymous April 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Enjoy your weekend. I might try to make your wontons this weekend. yum

NowAPisces April 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Your recipes look so good. My wife and I love Tilapia. I'm going to make this.

Can't wait.

Elizabeth April 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Whoa those wontons look sooooo good!!

Hope you had fun at the beach. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP