4.16.2009

Highlights/Lowlights

It has been a rainy mess in Baltimore for the past few days and that means I have felt pretty "blah". Weather has a way of doing that to my mood. Thank goodness the sun is out today in full force and it is supposed to be a great weekend.


Eats


Some food highlights and lowlights from the past few days....


The other day I was talking to Kevin on the way home from work and was in a foul mood because of the traffic that occurs when rainy weather hits this area. I was also hungry. That can be a bad combo for me. I came home and found this...
This guy is good. :) Whole wheat pita w/ cashew butter, honey, and chocolate chip smiley face.


Lunch yesterday was supposed to be Shrimp Summer Rolls from Trader Joes refrigerated section. They were horrible. It said they were good for another two weeks or something, but the lettuce inside was brown and the shrimp was slimey. yuck.
Dinner last night was seared scallops and steamed brussels w/ garlic. Oh and a small amount of leftover rice noodles w/ peanut sauce, but they looked like brains, so I left that picture out.

I picked up the Green Tea flavor of Mochi from Trader Joes and am sorry to say they were SO bad. It tasted like freezer burn, so I am thinking it had been sitting for awhile. The outside rice doughy stuff was hard - and it should be stretchy and gooey. ughh. I still ate it for some reason that I can not explain.
I tried a new flavor of CLIF nectar bars - Cherry Pomegranate. I love the nectar bars - big chunks of nuts all throughout and a great chewy texture.
The ripest mango I have ever eaten was consumed today. They were on sale for 99 cents each, so I bought one. Is that even good? I don't buy them enough to know.
But seriously, so sweet and juicy - my desk is a sticky mess now. Oh well, my last day is tomorrow. ha!


Workouts

I decided the take the week off from running to try and let my hamstring rest a little bit so I can make the best decision about whether to do a marathon this year. Also, I am competing in my first Adventure race next weekend, so I want my hamstring to be ready!

I have been doing other forms of cardio (arc trainer, biking, rowing) as well as more lifting than usual.

Saturday, Kevin and I have plans to do a run and then rent a canoe to practice our skills (or see if we have any) for the adventure race. It should be comical.

Other

Tonight is the Baltimore Blogger Meetup @ Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill. Be there at 6pm. I cant wait to meet some of you!

24 comments:

lizzy April 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

awww you have a good man!! the weather has been ugly here in Seattle, but we are having a sunny weekend too! I agree with you on the weather playing a big role in moods! rest that hammy and have a great thursday!

Kara April 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Aw have fun at the meetup! Maybe I can join once I'm in B-more!!

And that's so disappointing about the rough TJ's eats. They're never supposed to be a let down!!!

The Purple Carrot April 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Weather has a way of doing that to me, too! Ugh ... and it's supposed to rain here all weekend long ... I'm just ready for sunshine!!

Ha, definite props to Kevin for the smiley face pita ... that's awesome! : )

Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Weather has similar effects on me too. I have never seen the Cliff nectar bars, they look yummy!!

LizNoVeggieGirl April 16, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Such a happy-looking pita :-)


Saaame here with the weather - blah!!

Enjoy the meet up!!

Erin April 16, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Aw, Kevin. Nicely done.

Yes 99 cents is a GREAT price for mangoes.

Too bad about all your eat lowlights. Eat well this weekend to make up for it!

Alison Can Read April 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Too bad about the TJ failures. They're usually a sure bet.

Love the pita smiley!

tfh April 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Awww! Kevin is the best. It really irritates me how badly people drive in the rain here. Either they're creeping along fearfully as if it's snow or they're driving recklessly and getting into traffic-jamming accidents (with tractor trailer trucks, as was the case here earlier in the week- rant over).

It seems like the best time of year for mangoes-- I got a whole crate of them! Yum.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

I'm so happy that today is sunny! I'm so sick of the rain!!
your eats are definitely highlights!! :D

I Run for Fun April 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Run for Fun April 16, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Awww...you lucky woman! You have such a sweet guy.

I'm so excited for the blogger meet up. Hope we hear all about it!

Hope your hamstring feels better. My, you are so adventurous!

The price of the mango sounds about right. It usually gets a little cheaper around May...that's the peak season for mangoes.

Erica April 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

That is so sweet that Kevin made you the smiley treat! Tooooo cute! Have fun at the blogger meet up

Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Nj has been a rainy mess too!! Being that it is my Spring Break it was even worse! But today the sun is out :)

I was almost going to by the green tean mochi, so I am kind of glad I didn't. I went with strawberry instead but have yet to try them.



ps- Can I clone Kevin???

Lori April 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Ugh. Fridge fair can be so hit or miss sometimes. It is so disappointing when you get something not so fresh. I love the Clif Nectar bars. I think they are my very favorite.

Yes, that is a great deal for mangos! I'm paying that much in Brazil right now and they grow a ton of them here, but they are out of season locally at the moment. :)

K from ksgoodeats April 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Haha cute smiley face! Have fun at the meet up :)

Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

What a sweetie pie that boy of yours is.

I hope your weather is as beautiful as it is here in N.VA. Clear blue skys, warm with a nice breeze. PERFECT!

Sorry to hear that so many things were bad from TJs. I wouldn be ticked because it is out of the way for me.

Have fun at your meet-up!

lauren April 16, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

kara\you could come tonight if you wanted - not too far!

erin\I should have bought more than 1. maybe I will stop by tonight to grab more.

tfh\EXACTLY! like just drive normal people!

irunforfun\good to know - i never know when peak season if for that stuff. I am getting more asap.

onelittletrigirl\hope the strawberry are good! and you are funny about the Kevin clone - ha!

Lori\fridge stuff is like that. I feel like I always try it because it looks good and them am disappointed. I am going to get more mangoes and try some of your recipes!

nibblesandwiggles\I was totally disappointed and pissed because that was my lunch and I was already back at my desk...ughh!

katecooks April 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

sorry you got so many disappointing meals from TJ! the mango sounds delish tho. they just went on sale for $1 at my store and i majorly stocked up!!!

Sharon April 16, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Oh my gosh, I love mangoes!!!! =D

ChickPea April 16, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

Love those Nectar bars...have you tried any others?

Brooke April 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM  

I have a really hard time when the weather is nasty and it really helps me go tanning occasionally. That may help. Have a wonderful weekend!

lauren April 17, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

chickpea\yes! the lemon, vanilla, cashew one if my all-time fav. SO good!

Tiffany April 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

That's the thing about Trader Joe's - some of their stuff is just downright gross. I am very particular about what I buy from there. You should definitely return them - even if you only have packaging leftover they'll give you a refund. Sorry your food was gross :(

Anonymous April 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

its hard to beat the veitnamese slaad rolls from Pei wei =)

i feel terrible that I wasnt able to make it to the meet up - so sorry!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP