4.19.2009

What A Difference A Week Makes...

This past week, I didn't run once. It was hard, but I wanted to give my hamstring a much needed break. Saturday, I went running, but didn't plan to go very far. Well, I ended up running 6 miles and my hamstring didn't give me any problems. Yes! Maybe it was the oatmeal I had before the run.



Oats, skim milk, honey, unsweetened coconut, cashew butter, dried bing cherries


I came home and kept my workout going with some core/upper body lifting. I have been loosely following Jililan Michael's No Trouble Zones workout, but omitting anything that uses my hamstring. I used my 5 pound weights for most of the exercises, so my arms are really sore today!


A week or so ago, I won my first contest over at Julie GoLean's blog! I got a box filled with some great stuff!
Blueberry Crisp Clif bar - never tried this flavor and look forward to it.
Better'n Peanut Butter. 85% less fat than regular stuff. I couldn't wait, so I opened it and took a quick taste. It was much sweeter than I expected and I think it will be great in oatmeal.
This chocolate looks incredible and I can NOT wait to try it...dipped in the peanut butter!
Never noticed this salsa in Trader Joes before, but I am already a fan. Actually, I am eating it with tortilla chips as I type. yum.
YouBar! I have been wanting to try these for so long - cant wait to open this.
Another exciting bar that I cant wait to try...
There were so many other goodies in the box: Popcorn, tea, fruit leather, gum, etc, etc. I am STOCKED. Last, but certainly not least was this workout mix CD that I brought in my car so Kevin and I could jam out. Great mix of music...Thanks for everything Julie!
Something completely off topic, but exciting is that I got a stained glass transom installed this past week above my front door. A neighbor of mine, who also has a blog, had one installed a few weeks back and I decided to be a "Me Too Iguana". The designer is very talented. After meeting with him to discuss the design, colors, etc. - he made this beautiful custom design and installed it, all for an extremely reasonable price.


My new job starts tomorrow (!!!), so hopefully I won't drop off the face of the earth, but in case I do - please know I am still reading your blogs - even if I am not commenting.


Can you see the sun shining in that picture above?! I hope everyone else enjoyed the nice weather this weekend and had some fun.

27 comments:

RunningLaur April 19, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

Wow, your transom is gorgeous!! Circles are the hardest stained glass to do too!

Unknown April 19, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

good luck tomorrow ;-) lovely goodies!! and i love how you went straight to chocolate with pb!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! April 19, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

great package of goodies!
have a good start tomorrow! :)

The Purple Carrot April 19, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Good luck with your new job!!!

Alison Can Read April 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Gorgeous stained glass! Good luck with your job!

Anonymous April 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

What an awesome package!!

And good luck at your job tomorrow! :)

Anonymous April 19, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

BetterNPeanut Butter is amazing! Took a little getting used to but I love it!!

Good luck with your new job :)

I Run for Fun April 19, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

What lovely products. I look forward to your review of all of them. Your transom is gorgeous!

I Run for Fun April 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

And yay on the hamstring recovery. So glad you are able to run pain-free!

ChickPea April 20, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

What a great box of goodies! Can't wait to see how you use them!

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Glad your hamstring feels better! good luck on your new job tomorrow.

Sarah (lovINmytummy) April 20, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

Yay, you give me hope! I know that if I take my time with my injury, I'll be back in action soon.

I LOVE that salsa. My absolute favorite.

Erica April 20, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Good luck with the job!!! You're going to rock it :) Glad your hamstring is feeling better! I love when I start out on "short" runs and end up out there for multiple more miles ;)

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

So glad to hear the hamstring didn't bother you! That is great news. Love the window.

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Glad your hamstring is doing well. And, what a yummy box.

K from ksgoodeats April 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

What a great package from Julie!! Good luck today!

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

BEAUTIFUL stained glass!

Good luck on your first day!

Erin April 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Lauren, that transom is beautiful.

Glad you're being a good girl and resting that hamstring.

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

That artwork/transom is so pretty - I lvoe the colors especially.

wish you the best of luck at your first day of work - I would be so nervous and excited at the same time!

btw, was it banana butterscotch you wanted?

Meghann April 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Glad to hear your Hamstring is feeling better! GOod luck on your first day at your new job :)

Julie April 20, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

aww! SO glad you liked the package :) enjoy it!! PS Better N PB is awesome in oatmeal!!

Aron April 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

YAY so glad the time off helped the hammy!

MacDuff April 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I LOVE the transom!!! It's totally gorgeous. I would put one on every window if I could...

Katie April 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

I'm glad you gave your hamstring a rest. Looks like a great prize package! Your transom is absolutely amazing. Truly a work of art.

Red Head, Yellow Dog April 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

I just found your blog and it's great!!

I am also a traderjoes-aholic and, more importantly, also have a golden retriever!! Can't wait to read more :)

elise April 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

congrats on your success after a nice break from the running! what a fun package. fyi that clif bar flavor is MY ABSOLUTE FAVE!! so so so good!!

Article Content April 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

God bless you in your new job!!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP