7.06.2009

10 Days of Vacation

Man! I cant believe how fast time flew on vacation. We spent the last 10 days down in in Ocean City, MD and had perfect weather just about every day. Just like the 12 days of Christmas, I am going to do a 10 days of vacation recap...except I don't have any creative songs that rhyme.


Day 1 was really Night 1 since we arrived down at the beach just in time to meet some friends out at Fager's Island - a great restaurant/bar/deck on the bay side. I made sure to start out with a Bud Light Lime, my favorite summer beer, before heading out.
Lots of good music led to lots of dancing and me trying to sing. I even got a food picture - free popcorn all night. :)Is it bad that on day two, the only food/drink related picture I took was of a Natural Light on a bud light lime coaster? Great beach day as well.
Day 3 included more beach time and then a dinner at Macky's Bayside. I ordered the BBQ shrimp skewers with a mango salsa, rice and veggies. It really didn't have much flavor, the veggies were mushy and was overpriced. I would not get this again.
Day 4 was the only cloudy day, so we spent the afternoon at M.R. Ducks watching the fishing boats come in.
Day 5 we headed back to Fager's Island for a little dinner and to watch the sunset.They play Tchaikovsky's dramatic "1812 Overture" every night as the sun goes down.
Kevin and I split a few things, but the french onion soup was our clear favorite. Case and point - they top it with Gruyere cheese.Day 6 we spent more time jumping waves in the ocean and lounging on the beach before our 2nd annual visit to Fenwick Crab House for the all-u-can-eat crabs. A little tip - they are known for their crabcakes, which looked unbelievable, so we plan to get those the next time we go!This is a GREAT deal and I highly recommend this place for anyone in the MD/DE Shore areas. The special includes all-u-can-eat horseradish cheese dip w/ crackers, hushpuppies (not pictured)jambalaya,fried chicken,corn on the cob, and of course, the CRABS. We definitely got our money's worth - it was an incredible meal. We took a looooong walk and planned out a bike ride for the next day to burn off our meal. Day 7 was spent on our beach cruiser bikes for almost 3 hours. We rode up to Bethany Beach, DE and back - about 17 miles! That called a sweet treat from Candy Kitchen where I picked up my favorite - swedish fish.Day 8 we headed out on the bay for a few hours of kayaking before watching the sunset with Oscar.I got the Christmas card shot...
while Kevin had fun searching for horseshoe crabs.He grabbed one so we could take a look before sending it back on its way. Oscar was scared to death at first, but then tried to grab it from the water. ha!Oh yeah - we also celebrated our 2 year anniversary! Yay us. :) Day 9 - Sunset Island had a cute parade where the kids and dogs dressed up to celebrate the 4th of July. We enjoyed the festive scene with our morning coffee... before heading to the beach.Day 10...driving home...it was a great trip.
Tomorrow is the first day of my new job and I am excited and nervous - all the normal stuff, I guess. Back to the real world I go...hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend!

20 comments:

Rose July 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Lovely vacation!

Danielle C. July 6, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

What a fun vacation, I love the beach. :)

K from ksgoodeats July 6, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Sounds like a great time!! Good luck with your first day :)

Unknown July 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Great pictures!

Erin July 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

You 2 are so dang cute! Happy anniv!

Love the xmas card shot of the dog. :)

GL with the new job.

Matt July 6, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Sounds like an AWESOME time!

Grace July 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Great vacation and good luck tomorrow!

ChickPea July 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

Great re-cap! Love the Christmas card shot!

Julie D July 7, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

What a nice way to start a new job with that wonderful vacation behind you. =)

elise July 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

what a great vacay! good luck on your first day :)

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

I LOVE OCMD!! Looks like you had a great job!

Good luck at the new job, I look forward to hearing about it.

Lori July 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

What a great vacation! Those crab look amazing, and with that cheese dip - so tasty. I love your Christmas card shot. Oscar looks like he had a fabulous time as well. Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown July 7, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

what a fabulous vaca!! love the xmas card shot of oliver :)

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

HOW FUN!! Wish I was vacationing there after all those great pics! :)

I Run for Fun July 7, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Happy 2-year anniversary! Sounds like an awesome vacation. And it's great Oscar got to share it with you. The crabs and shrimp skewers look amazing. I love seafood.

Julie July 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

awww two years!? congrats :) looks like you celebrated it the right way!

MacDuff July 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

You two look so adorable and happy together!

And I love how you love Bud Light with lime! We drink that on the boat, and I'm generally the only one who loves it.

Sarah July 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

wow, those BBQ shrimp skewers look mighty tasty!

HangryPants July 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Gorgeous sunset! Happy Anniversary. Hope your first day of work went well!

Anonymous July 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Glad you had a fun time!!

My family does the same thing with Christmas card pics. We call them out in the middle of the year. haha.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP