7.19.2009

I Can NOT Be Trusted with Blondies

Well helllooo there! So last week, I tried another one of Trader Joe's frozen dinners. Me eat something from Trader Joes? unheard of! Anyways, this was the Tilapia Citronette - marinated tilapia fillets topped with grilled asparagus and sliced carrots.
Wanted to give the frozen view...there was two large fillets in there. Plenty for Kevin and I.
After following the directions for baking in the oven...the fish came out perfectly flaky and the sauce was flavorful. I would definitely buy this meal again.
Last week was a busy week with lots of fun stuff. A friend of mine was in town from Missouri, so we played trivia on Tuesday night at Rams Head Tavern, went out Thursday night to Looneys and saw a good band, Friday was a crab feast at a friends house, Saturday was another cookout, then America's largest free arts festival. SO fun, but I regret not taking more pictures!

(Camey, Ashley and I at Looneys)

Even with all the festivities going on, Saturday morning, I managed to get up and make it to my dad's training run. My friend Mara was in town and came along for the 6 mile run on the B&A (Baltimore & Annapolis) Trail. The weather was great - not too hot and the path was mostly shaded.


The run was extremely difficult for me and as we got farther along, I felt myself needing to go slower and slower. Wake Up Call! The weekend long runs are KEY and have been few and far between over the past month or so.


After the painful run, I took Oscar for a slow walk and then came home to an exciting surprise.A package from Jasmine @ SweetandFit!! Awhile back I donated to a great cause - the Lupus Walk in DC - and ended up winning a batch of Jasmine's Banana Butterscotch Blondies!I had to dig in IMMEDIATELY.oh. my. goodness. These are the most incredible things - they basically melt in your mouth. I am embarrassed to admit this but they got here on Saturday and are ALL GONE. It is Monday. oh man. I did have a little help, but still! I ate so many and am now dreaming of them. They were seriously THAT good.


Just because - she threw in a jar of chocolate PB2 and I cant wait to try it out. yessss.Thanks Jasmine - you rock!


Be back tomorrow with more about Artscape, a mountain bike workout, and a planned off-road brick workout tomorrow night.


Hope everyone is doing well...

19 comments:

Matt July 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Blondies are seriously addicting. Veggiegirl sent me a whole batch and I polished them off by myself in three days! They were amazing!

Erica July 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

oh TJs- how I heart you!!! I just wrote them a letter the other day asking them to PLEASE open in Charleston!!! For now I have to place all my orders for TJs through my MIL ;) Banana Butterscotch???? That sounds like heaven

LizNoVeggieGirl July 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

I'm weak around blondies too, haha :-D

Unknown July 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

i have no strength against blondies either ;) that fish meal looks great, very surprising!

Julie July 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

I would have ate ALL of those blondies too!

Alison Can Read July 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Mmmm...those blondies look great!
I've never tried the TJ's tilapia. I love almost all of their frozen dishes.

Anne July 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Oh my gosh I could NOT be trusted with those blondies either. They look ridiculously good!

K from ksgoodeats July 21, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Oh goodness, those blondies look so moist and delicious!

Hope you like the chocolate PB2 :)

Erin July 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Blondies rock. I am uber jealous of your package. Uber.

Lori July 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

I love the photo with the bite out and the box in the background. Ha, ha! I would have torn into them too. Banana Butterscotch? Sounds awesome!

HangryPants July 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

The blondies look amazing!

Anonymous July 22, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

i just sent matt some almond/fig blondies! they seriously are addicting- is there crack in them or something? haha i made a batch this week and they were gone in thirty minutes flat, no joke. with the help of two others- but still i ate ALOT

elise July 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

blondies are dangerous little mothahs!

btw, i dont have any DNSes (yet) but i have a half marathon in sept that im already feeling iffy about. where has my motivation gone? after my best 10K time back in june i went off to hawaii and i think the runner in my went on permanent vacay?

Julie D July 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Yummy! What a nice surprise!

Tyler July 23, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

i've had that tj's meal before, too...i was very impressed! those blondies look incredible! i couldn't be trusted around them either :)

Anonymous July 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

with blondies that look like that...nobody can be trusted!

Special K July 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

I need a blondie...and some of that PB2...willing to trade for some Amazing Meal? (check out my giveaway!) Yum! http://thespecialktreatment.wordpress.com/

The Purple Carrot July 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

Who can be trusted with blondies??? haha, those look amazing!

Paige@ Running Around Normal July 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

I know what you mean about long runs just being hard sometimes! That was so nice of her to throw in the PB2! Let us know how you like it:-)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP