7.25.2009

Artscape, PB2 & *New* Larabar Flavors

Last weekend, before heading up to Artscape, we grilled out with some friends. Kevin whipped up cheeseburgers and italian sausage, while I put together grilled veggie & pineapple kabobs and corn-on-the-cob. We also had some fresh salsa, courtesy of Mara, which was leftover from the Friday night crab feast.

What is a great summer cookout drink/dessert? White Sangria with strawberries, nectarines, raspberries and blackberries thank you very much. Our friend Susan brought this and I made sure to ask what was in this deliciously refreshing drink. Pinot Grigio, club soda, lime juice, and fresh fruit. Simple and SO good.
I had never been to Artscape before, but was excited to hear some free music. As you can see, it was packed, but we managed to hear the end of CAKE and then find a seat for Robert Randolph & The Family Band.Fun times. It was a perfect Saturday night because we got home pretty early and managed to get up and go for a mountain bike ride at Loch Raven Reservoir Sunday morning.

Moving on to some fun product stuff! Last week...Jasmine sent me some Chocolate PB2 to try out. Please notice that it is sitting next to the Nakano Rice Vinegar that Foodbuzz Tastemaker program generously sent me to try. (More on that in a later post - I promise.)
So, this PB2 stuff is 85% less fat than regular peanut butter, but you have to do some work. It is powder - and you have to mix it with water to make the peanut butter. It felt a little weird and I was definitely skeptical about how it would taste.Well, it looks like peanut butter and guess what - it tastes like it too. ;) A little thinner than the regular stuff, but I thought it had great flavor. I tried it on a piece of whole wheat toast and voila - dessert!

Since I have stopped listing out everything I eat all day, everyday - I don't mention Larabars as often, but believe me - they are still very much a part of my life. Coconut Creme Pie and Key Lime Pie are my all-time favorites. They recently sent me some of their *NEW* flavors to try and I was so excited.
Tropical Fruit Tart is by far - my new FAVORITE larabar. I love it. I am thinking I may need to purchase an entire box because they are that good. Pineapple, Orange, and Coconut combined with Almond and Cashew make this bar incredible.
Next up - Peanut Butter & Jelly. Umm - why didn't I think of that? Who doesn't love PB&J? You may be wondering what flavor jelly - Cherry. There were big pieces of unsweetened cherries and I definitely enjoyed this flavor as well. Not going to break my top three, but I would totally buy this flavor again.
Last but certainly not least - German Chocolate Cake. I tend not to like the chocolate flavor larabars as much for some reason, so I still haven't tried this one. I am saving it for a rainy day when I am craving chocolate. Maybe I will smear some almond butter on top or something.
Thanks to larabar for sending me these flavors to try out - I love this kind of stuff.

13 comments:

Danielle C. July 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

I just tried my first Larabar this week (key lime) and am in love. I can't wait to try the tropical tart one (or coconut cream pie, none of my local stores seem to carry them).

LizNoVeggieGirl July 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

What a fun event!!


I too received the 3 new LARABAR flavors in the mail - hope you end up liking the German Chocolate Cake one!!

Matt July 25, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Sounds like a fun time!

Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Pb2 is just awesome. I love its versatility.

And I keep seeing these new larabar flavours popping up EVERYWHERE. It's making me crazy. I want to try them SO badly. Im so afraid they are going to take forever to come to Canada. eek!

Erica July 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Lots of fun stuff going on over there!! All of the food from your bbq sounds amazing. I'm super excited to try the new laras!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) July 26, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

Now a Sangria flavored Larabar...that I would buy!

Betsy July 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

I got the larabars too but my guy ate the tropical tart one without giving me a bite!! Grr!! Guess I'll have to buy it. I really liked the pb & j though... a lot!

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Thanks for the reviews! The PB2 is weird, but if it tastes good that is all that matters. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Alison Can Read July 26, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

I'm really interested in the PBJ Larabar flavor. Although German choc cake sounds fabulous. I can't wait till they're widely available.

Paige@ Running Around Normal July 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Aah, I'm so jealous you've tried them! The one I'd love to try is the PBJ, but the tropical one sounds delish, too!! I also really want to try PB2.

Unknown July 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

what a great time!! jealous of those larabars ;)

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

The German Chocolate Cake sounds awesome.... please do tell when you try it.

I love the Chocolate PB2 as a dip for fruit. YUM!

Special K July 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Hey! I have found a bar that is way better than Lara (their choco cinnamon is the BEST) check them out on my K Craves! Can't wait to see what you create for my Special K giveaway...and you can keep entering the Nourish one for more entries! http://thespecialktreatment.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/k-cravings-what-nourishes-you/

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP