5.30.2009

Mintz's Blintzes

I have always LOVED crepes. I tend to go into sensory overload in Trader Joe's and sometimes miss seeing all the different products. The other day, I was roaming around the store and noticed a woman had these in her cart.
Tofutti? Dairy Free? Could these still be good? I figured I would give them a try.


They were frozen, so I stuck them in the microwave for about a minute and then browned them on each side with a little butter. I didn't have any fresh fruit, so I topped them with some of Grandmom's homemade fig jam and had a cup of Hazelnut coffee from High Grounds.
The crepes were light and tasted absolutely amazing. Inside was sweet and creamy and reminded me of a ricotta tapioca pudding. Is there such a thing?

(Nutrition Facts: 1 blintz = 140 calories, 5g of fat)


Perfect Saturday morning breakfast. YUM.


Tomorrow is the Zooma 10k and Half Marathon in Annapolis! I am running the 10k and feel ready. The race is ALL-FEMALE and my mom and a few of my friends are all running. Should be fun and I plan to relax and enjoy it! The race starts at 7am to beat the heat, so bedtime will be EXTRA early tonight.


Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

12 comments:

Alison Can Read May 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Those crepes sound great. I've never noticed them at TJs. And homemade fig jam sounds wonderful!

Anonymous May 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Good luck on the 10km tomorrow!

Those crepes look SO good, I need to find them.

Erica May 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

YUM! I will be on the lookout for those. What a delicious/sweet breakfast!! Good luck tomorrow - enjoy the run

RunningLaur May 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Have fun at the 10k and good luck to the mom!!

Matt May 30, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

Good luck tomorrow!

K from ksgoodeats May 30, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

Yet ANOTHER product I was contemplating buying at TJs yesterday - I'll definitely have to pick them up next time!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Anonymous May 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Good luck on your 10K!

ChickPea May 31, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

I've never seen those blintzes before! I've also never tried any other Tofutti products. Have you tried anything other than the blintzes?

Good luck tomorrow!!

Anonymous May 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Hope all went well at the race. The crepes look great! HOpe you are enjoying the weekend.

Lori May 31, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

I love cheese blintzes. These sound very interesting. I always love my blintzes with a blueberry sauce. Yum!

I hope the race went well. Can't wait to hear the details.

Kate June 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

WOA-I swear I feel like a kid in a candy store @ TJ's b/c you never know what you'll find on your next visit! They look awesome, I've never seen them there before.

lauren June 1, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

chickpea/I have not seen any other Tofutti products, but if you know of any that I should try - please let me know! The blintzes were so good!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP