5.27.2009

Rooftop Dining

For lunch today, I sauteed green peppers and onions while Kevin grilled up some Mushroom Asiago Chicken Sausages.It was my first time noticing this flavor at Trader Joes and since Asiago is my favorite cheese - I grabbed them immediately. Nutrition Facts for those interested...All together, served on a whole wheat hot dog bun with a schmear of dijon mustard and ketchup. Deeeelish.
Another item I picked up at Trader Joes are these Banana Beauties below. (Try saying that 10 times fast)
If you like the fruit leather thingees, you will love these. Simply Bananas - chewy and sweet.


Later on, it turned into a beautiful evening, so Kevin and I decided to head out for a run. Afterwards, we were stretching on the front steps and I decided to take some photos.


My potted flowers out front...there is a pot on each side of the steps and they are doing great!!Oscar looked so handsome next to the flowers.Kevin giving Oscar a kiss. Oscar gives us a million kisses after runs because he loves to lick the salt off our legs. Oscar looked so happy to be getting some lovin from Kevin. (And I just realized that our neighbors have The Sloman Shield! "Shield Your Home...The Sloman Shield!" ha.)
So, after taking the picture above...I was jealous and wanted a picture of Oscar and I like that. Well, it just wasn't happening...Oscar was not having any of it and wanted to get away from me more than anything. Since it was such a great night outside, we decided to have dinner up on the roof top deck! We really don't use it enough.


Baked Panko Crusted Tilapia (from TJs) w/ zucchini sauteed in smart balance topped with tomatoes and a little parm. Oh and fresh lemon to squeeze over the fish.I felt like I should have been drinking wine or something fancier, but we were all out. Crystal Light Lemonade in my Redskins cup was just fine!
I was "picture-happy" tonight, so we set up the automatic timer and tried to get a couple shot. First attempt - Oscar wouldn't leave me alone and the lighting was all wrong.Second attempt was much better. Notice that our plates were cleaned...that means you get to have dessert. Not sure what it will be though...
And I leave you with the gorgeous view of the Baltimore City skyline and Patterson Park from the roof deck...
Hope you enjoyed your Wednesday night...

18 comments:

Anonymous May 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

beautiful picture!!! and i love PANKO!!! havent made it in awhile...maybe that will be dinner one night this week :-P

Unknown May 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

great night! love oscar :) i've been meaning to try those bananas! sausages are fantastic, too!

Aron May 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

so fun! I <3 oscar :)

Julie May 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

awww what a romantic rooftop dinner :) very cute!

Fitnessista May 27, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

oscar does look handsome next to the flowers! what a looker :D
the tilapia looks delicious- i haven't had tilapia in way too long
have a great night!

Anonymous May 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Aw, I love your dog...makes me think of mine--> they are the BEST dogs!!!

In relation to Slomin Shield...my ex-bf family had one of those signs in their yard, but didn't actually have the protection. Their older son found the sign laying in the middle of a sidewalk one day and took it.

And lastly...I just bought those bananas tonight and packed them for my lunch tomorrow...now I am really excited to try them!

Lori May 28, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Oscar does look handsome next to those flowers! What a great place to dine!

ChickPea May 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

Yay! Love the Oscar pics!

Erica May 28, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

SO pretty up on the rooftop! Ya'll she dine out there all the time. Love Oscar. Frank loves to give kisses after workouts too- always freaks me out haha.

Alison Can Read May 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Your food sounds yummy! I love chicken sausages. They're good cut up in a stir-fry with peppers. And the tilapia looks good too.
Thanks for the flower pics. It reminded me to go outside and water mine.

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

What a great Wednesday night. The pictures came out nice. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

Red Head, Yellow Dog May 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

hahaha love that picture of you and oscar! toby always licks the salt off my legs too :) goldens are licking MACHINES!

Betsy May 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Love the pictures of Oscar! I had a golden retriever growing up and every time we went in for a kiss she's squint her eyes just like that. Too cute!

Erin May 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Aw, look at what a cute couple you guys are! Greak skyline shot.

Asiago is my fav cheese too!

K from ksgoodeats May 28, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

You guys look great!! Oscar is such a cutie pie :)

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

My dogs are all over us after runs too.

I Run for Fun May 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Vrey nice pics! Oscar is adorable as always. The burgers look awesome.

elise May 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

awwwwww..oscar is a cutie. LOVE dining on the rooftop.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP