5.28.2009

[me] & goji - athlEAT Cereal

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Carl at [me] & goji - Custom Artisanal Cereal to see if I wanted to create my own cereal or granola concoction. I was SO excited to try it out.


Once on their website, you can easily navigate around to pick your base and then add mix-ins. Basically all of the choices are healthy SUPERfoods and I had a hard time not adding all of the 50+ ingredients!


Some of my favorite things about this product:

  • All pure and organic ingredients, so you are getting some of the best whole foods nature has to offer.
  • Gluten-free options, which would be great for those suffering from celiac disease.
  • The capsules are packed with 50% more cereal than regular boxes. There is SO much in the capsule!
  • Nutritional Values are updated real-time! As you create your customized mix, you can see what that particular ingredient does to the nutritional value....very cool.
So, let's check out my mix, but first - here is the nifty looking capsule.Ingredient List:
ARTISANAL CEREAL (multigrain oat bran, rye, spelt, barley, amaranth, wheat germ), CHOCO-GRANOLA (oats, agave syrup, sunflower seeds, chocolate, coconut, raisins, gojis, mulberries, sesame seeds, sea salt), GOJI, BLUEBERRY, MANGO, COCONUT, ALMOND.
For you history buffs, the lid provides a little background on cereal. Pop the top and it reveals some MAJOR deliciousness.
I couldn't wait to dig in...
And let me say - this stuff is pretty darn good and I also feel pretty healthy eating all this natural goodness. I especially love the tartness of the goji berries and the huge pieces of coconut!


So check out their website and order some for yourself, but I don't think you can go wrong with my athlEAT mix. It even made their blog for Top 5 Cereal Names of the week! :)

14 comments:

K from ksgoodeats May 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Oh wow! Those are big pieces of coconut!! Nice mix!

Erin May 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

They make great cereal. Mine was Treehugger Crunch!

Anne May 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

I love the idea of customized food products! Your mix looks delicious :D

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Sounds like a great mix. I love cereal.

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

that is so awesome!!! congrats on getting top cereal names, too! WOOHOOO

I Run for Fun May 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Looks yumm. And love those coconut pieces.

Matt May 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Looks awesome. I wish I had money for that kind of stuff!

SeeGirlRun May 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Looks delicious!! I wonder if it's possible to make your own variety at a better price.... Hmmm...

Laura

Alison Can Read May 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Looks delicious. Anything with chocolate and coconut is great in my book.

Unknown May 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

love your mix!! i think i need to win the lottery so i can keep trying mixes :)

ChickPea May 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

Great mix! Have you ever tried MixMyGranola? I wonder how they compare. Thanks for the review!

Lori May 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Yum! I love your creation. Many of my favorites are in there.

Carl May 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

thanks for the great review Lauren!

if anyone has any questions about [me] & goji or designing a cereal that suits your own taste or dietary needs, feel free to contact me at carl@meandgoji.com

sin-cereal-y,

carl
founder [me] & goji

Balance, Joy and Delicias! May 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

these cereals seem great! I like your mix! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP